Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley Tickets

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
PS:We did. Once. And that was for our final game of the season in 1971/72 when we were promoted. Our average (home) crowd that season was 17K , about 9K fewer what it will be this season.

But If your point is that our very recent crowds aren't historically unusually high then i'm sure you'll know that 2015/16 will mark the first time in our 115 year history that we will have 4 seasons in a row with an average attendance of over 25K.
And our average attendance this year so far is higher than in any other year in our history apart from last year and the year before that and the year before that.

1971-72 was a good season and we had Willie Irvine in our team.

NODC

Apr 19, 2012
Does anyone have the young seagull coupon code as I cant find the leaflet and I can now make the game with my daughter?

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
Can't go to this now :(((( 2 seats in the North Stand will be empty, as things stand. Dm me if you're interested in buying 'em... (Apologise if I'm not meant to be posting this)

Last edited:

Feb 14, 2010
Anyone who knew anything about this club even in the dark days of Archer and then Gillingham/Withdean knew and said at the time that all this club ever needed was a half decent (even lower league) side and the club would pull a crowd bigger than most. Always was the way. Some though I notice used random and out of context statistics as they dont look at the relative gates for the division at the time and also where the team finished up. Many also forget just what a pile of tripe has been served up for the last 100 years. All but a few seasons outside the top flight and only one trophy worth having in 1910. However, as I say, crowds down the Albion for a half decent lower league side is not a surprise to some of us and its not newsworthy.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Anyone who knew anything about this club even in the dark days of Archer and then Gillingham/Withdean knew and said at the time that all this club ever needed was a half decent (even lower league) side and the club would pull a crowd bigger than most. Always was the way. Some though I notice used random and out of context statistics as they dont look at the relative gates for the division at the time and also where the team finished up. Many also forget just what a pile of tripe has been served up for the last 100 years. All but a few seasons in the top flight and only one trophy worth having in 1910. However, as I say, crowds down the Albion for a half decent lower league side is not a surprise to some of us and its not newsworthy.

During the war.......

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Does anyone have the young seagull coupon code as I cant find the leaflet and I can now make the game with my daughter?

For the brum game they were only valid up to a week before kick off. I asked nicely with five days to go but no budging. I have subsequently lost them. Sorry.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Anyone who knew anything about this club even in the dark days of Archer and then Gillingham/Withdean knew and said at the time that all this club ever needed was a half decent (even lower league) side and the club would pull a crowd bigger than most. Always was the way. Some though I notice used random and out of context statistics as they dont look at the relative gates for the division at the time and also where the team finished up. Many also forget just what a pile of tripe has been served up for the last 100 years. All but a few seasons outside the top flight and only one trophy worth having in 1910. However, as I say, crowds down the Albion for a half decent lower league side is not a surprise to some of us and its not newsworthy.

:shootself

As usual, staggeringly dull.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I didnt know we were here to entertain you, but do comment on the substance if you are able.

I will not.

You bang on and on about failure of the team and massive attendances. You then regale us with tales of when Crystal Palace got 12,000 against Bristol City, repeatedly.

No one cares. We are second in the league and expecting a bumper crowd. I intend to enjoy this without worrying about what happened in 1971.

And don't refer to yourself as 'we'. You are one of a kind, thank God.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
28,672 v Burnley 1960-61

There might be a few supporters who remember this match? Not me. They were still talking about in the latter half of the sixties. 3-3.

Something for Radio Sussex to find.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

What does that even mean.

You are so full of shit it's unbelievable. Time and time again, people drive a truck through your tired, pathetic arguments and still you come back for more.

Amazing

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
For the brum game they were only valid up to a week before kick off. I asked nicely with five days to go but no budging. I have subsequently lost them. Sorry.

Very much this. I have mine in my wallet though so will dig it out and PM those that want the code. It appears pretty generic.

I doubt it will work though as it says pretty clearly that it is only valid until a week before

C17BHA

Feb 24, 2009
The 3-3 Draw in Season 1960/61

Was the first Brighton game I ever went to...F.A Cup 3rd or 4th round...unbelievable game including our right back scoring from the half way line. Burnley were Div 1 Champions at the time. That was 65 years ago and I can remember it clearly.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here