Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alireza Jahanbakhsh 1.4million

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
47 pages on a player that hasn't signed and nearly everyone hasn't heard of......astounding really

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
47 pages on a player that hasn't signed and nearly everyone hasn't heard of......astounding really

Thats a good thing because it means that he is someone who has captured the imagination of the fans already. I have never seen the lad play but like the sound of him

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
CH always conducts transfer business behind the scenes with nothink leaking if he can possibly help it. When he was after Nathan Redmond everyone in the press was reporting that Norwich were Nathan's 3rd choice behind Everton and Swansea and he nipped in ahead of both of them and signed him for Norwich.

During that transfer Nathan was supposed to go and see round the facilities at Norwich on the Tuesday and to be shown round Swansea on the Wednesday and Everton on the Thursday but by the end of the Tuesday he had been convinced by CH to sign for Norwich and he didnt even go to Swansea or Everton. So I wouldnt underestimate our negotiating skills in the transfer market.

He had a big advantage in that particular negotiation though, in that he had been Redmond's previous manager - the one who gave him his senior debut, in fact. Doesn't necessarily translate to a sign of negotiating skill elsewhere.

Niy1994

Jun 14, 2015
Hi guys, Iranian here.

The picture posted from Alireza's Instagram is definitely not in Brighton or England. The person on his left is Sardar Azmoun, who is in Turkmenistan with the national team right now. The guy taking the picture is Soroush Rafiei who hasn't been able to leave Iran since January's Asian Cup because of conscription issues. So it is very likely that the picture is from when they were all together in the asian cup in Australia. He also just opened his Instagram a few weeks ago.

As for the signing itself, Iranian players are always "linked" and always have offers from European teams. I remember Jahanbakhsh was even linked with Chelsea and Man U after the World Cup. So to be honest I think Alireza going to Brighton is highly unlikely, but you never know. He most likely won't make the decision for a few more weeks but for those who don't know him, he is definitely a rising star. He went from playing at a relegation bound Iranian league team to coming second to Memphis Depay in best young player and scoring two goals against Ajax to help NEC avoid direct relegation in just a year. He is a very hard worker and also very handsome so I'm sure the ladies in Brighton would love him. I can almost guarantee he would be a great signing for you guys but realistically the chances of him going to a team like PSV, another top Dutch team, or Norwich are higher based on the things I've heard him say in interviews.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He had a big advantage in that particular negotiation though, in that he had been Redmond's previous manager - the one who gave him his senior debut, in fact. Doesn't necessarily translate to a sign of negotiating skill elsewhere.

I do concede he had an advantage with Nathan but there were others who had other clubs chasing them who he helped get signed. LeRoy Fer, Johnny Howson, Robert Snodgrass, Martin Olsson.

And even with the advantage he had with Nathan, even he could quite easily have have said ''well wait till I hear what Swansea and Everton have got to say and then I will decide''

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Cheers Iranian

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
He's posted an Instagram photo an hour ago of him in Rasht, Iran. Unless he's posting an old photo, i'm guessing he's not in the uk.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Hi guys, Iranian here.

The picture posted from Alireza's Instagram is definitely not in Brighton or England. The person on his left is Sardar Azmoun, who is in Turkmenistan with the national team right now. The guy taking the picture is Soroush Rafiei who hasn't been able to leave Iran since January's Asian Cup because of conscription issues. So it is very likely that the picture is from when they were all together in the asian cup in Australia. He also just opened his Instagram a few weeks ago.

As for the signing itself, Iranian players are always "linked" and always have offers from European teams. I remember Jahanbakhsh was even linked with Chelsea and Man U after the World Cup. So to be honest I think Alireza going to Brighton is highly unlikely, but you never know. He most likely won't make the decision for a few more weeks but for those who don't know him, he is definitely a rising star. He went from playing at a relegation bound Iranian league team to coming second to Memphis Depay in best young player and scoring two goals against Ajax to help NEC avoid direct relegation in just a year. He is a very hard worker and also very handsome so I'm sure the ladies in Brighton would love him. I can almost guarantee he would be a great signing for you guys but realistically the chances of him going to a team like PSV, another top Dutch team, or Norwich are higher based on the things I've heard him say in interviews.

bollocks....:wozza:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
aj.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Hi guys, Iranian here.

Iranian players may always be linked to European sides but they rarely end up at the big teams, do they?

If Jahanbakhsh does go to a bigger club than Brighton he'll be breaking the trend. How many Iranians have played in the Premier League? 2 or 3, perhaps?

Niy1994

Jun 14, 2015
Iranian players may always be linked to European sides but they rarely end up at the big teams, do they?

If Jahanbakhsh does go to a bigger club than Brighton he'll be breaking the trend. How many Iranians have played in the Premier League? 2 or 3, perhaps?

Back in the late 90's-mid 2000's it was the golden generation of iranian footballers and there were numerous iranian players in top Europe leagues like the Bundesliga, LA liga, serie a, and the premier league. The biggest club an iranian player has played for would probably be Bayern Munich who had Ali Karmi, Ali Daei, and Vahid Hashemian.

When these players retired, there was a lack of European legionnaires but it seems to be coming back up with the likes of Jahanbakhsh, Azmoun and others.

If Jahanbakhsh would go to the premier league he would be the fourth iranian to play there after Ashkan Dejagah, Andranik Teymourian, and Karim Bagheri. If he were to go to Brighton he would be the 6th or 7th iranian player to play in England.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here