Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations to AFC Bournemouth on securing promotion to the Premier League

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Well done and good luck especially to Tommy and Steve for next season.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Brilliant. I know they are not promoted per se, but wonderful scenes down in Bournemouth. They might get spanked next season, but they must enjoy this moment. Brilliant to see an unusual team up there. I hope Brentford join them.

Brentford is one step too far.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Congratulations Bournemouth.
With that team spirit, they will surprise a few next season.

You're right. Team spirit counts for a lot, when everyone is pulling in the same direction. On the field and off the field.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Watching all three of their goals tonight I don't think we have anyone on the books that could do any of those things right now. Great times for them but sad times for us.

So bitter about watching Cook and Elphick. Gus was an idiot for many reasons but the biggest three were letting Cook, Elphick and Murray go.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Happy for them. Played football the right way, fast and exciting and scored lots of goals. Defended well enough to ensure they usually scored one more than they conceded. Great ethos. Also, investment in the team has been excellent, choosing the right players and seeing potential in young players like Elphick and Cook. All the things that we are just crap at.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
They could come straight back down but they won't be humiliated. In that one year they will earn enough to rebuild their stadium and transform their club for the next two decades. Poll our fans whether this would be the preferred route to 25k crowds and I think we all know what answer you would get.

Yep in hindsight we could have built the Amex in stages and then spent the money on the squad :lolol: That said Howe is a special manager and head and shoulders above Poyet in the footballing philosophy. I think they are well prepared for the Prem and I think they will do very well.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Well that's another two Albion 'rejects' /sold players in the Premiership.

Elphick and Cook (B'muff)
Vokes and Barnes (Burnley)
Bridcutt and Buckley (Slumberland)
Ulloa (Leicester)
Murray (Palarse)

Feel free to add

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
You're right. Team spirit counts for a lot, when everyone is pulling in the same direction. On the field and off the field.

It carried us through 2011-12 imho, I don't think our squad that season was much better than what we had this season, but there was a low team spirit this season.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Watching all three of their goals tonight I don't think we have anyone on the books that could do any of those things right now. Great times for them but sad times for us.

So bitter about watching Cook and Elphick. Gus was an idiot for many reasons but the biggest three were letting Cook, Elphick and Murray go.

Even the ones they missed were quality.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

I know it's an Nsc mantra, but who knows if those three players would have developed their games, in the same way, had they stayed with us? Somehow I doubt it.

Edited to add, you can also blame the board for only offering one year deals to Elphick & Cook when Bournemouth offered them three year deals.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here