Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam baldock - Merged

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think that you can put the realism if this valuation in the same bracket as those that value Ulloa at 10m+.

No, no you can't. Ulloa has more success at a higher level. Our club put that value on Leo FFS.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
It was only a week ago Leyton Orient were talking about Odubajo going to spurs between 4-5 million. later in the week he signed for Brentford for 1 million. I would imagine that with Baldock only having 1 year on his contract, he either signs a new one, or as Albion have already done before, will up the bid to help force the issue (along Grabban type lines and what happened to us re AB).
I suppose it then comes down to cash pure and simply as the question we need to know is how much will we throw at it before changing tack..

Good news is that we are now getting stuck into other teams better players for a change...

Last edited:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It was only a week ago Leyton Orient were talking about Odubajo going to spurs between 4-5 million. later in the week he signed for Brentford for 1 million. I would imagine that with Buldock only having 1 year on his contract, he either signs a new one, or as Albion have already done before, will up the bid to help force the issue (along Grabban type lines and what happened to us re AB).
I suppose it then comes down to cash pure and simply as the question we need to know is how much will we throw at it before changing tack..

Good news is that we are now getting stuck into other teams better players for a change...

As with Ulloa, it is all about whether Baldock wants to stay. If he does, he'll sign a new contract with them. If not, in the final year of his contract, the power is in his hands and will probably go.

Bristol City fans are confident he wants to stay but we'll soon find out how true it is.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
As with Ulloa, it is all about whether Baldock wants to stay. If he does, he'll sign a new contract with them. If not, in the final year of his contract, the power is in his hands and will probably go.

Bristol City fans are confident he wants to stay but we'll soon find out how true it is.

:lolol:

When will fans learn ey, players want to play for the most money at the highest level possible. They don't particularly care where that is.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
:lolol:

When will fans learn ey, players want to play for the most money at the highest level possible. They don't particularly care where that is.

Remember Bournemouth fans slating Grabban for being a greedy ******* when he came to talk to us, and then hailing his "loyalty" when he agreed to stay with them (for a massively increased salary). He's now a greedy ******* again for leaving Bournemouth of course.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Remember Bournemouth fans slating Grabban for being a greedy ******* when he came to talk to us, and then hailing his "loyalty" when he agreed to stay with them (for a massively increased salary). He's now a greedy ******* again for leaving Bournemouth of course.
Exactly this, could be mileage in this bid etc, need to see where it goes over next 24 hours. I'd imagine we will make subsequent bids and this will either turn players head, or he will suddenly sign new deal at bcfc.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
"Brighton are reportedly preparing a move worth around £2million for the forward" ..

https://www.clubcall.com/championship/brighton-baldock-bid-rejected-1732315.html

History says we offer what we think he is worth and that is that. We do not enter bidding wars.
It's up to the player now to state to Bristol if he would like to talk to us.
Otherwise we move onto the next one on the list.
If it is true that Bristol rate him at £5m then he will tell them to offer him a new contract on a wage that match's that valuation.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
"Brighton are reportedly preparing a move worth around £2million for the forward" ..

https://www.clubcall.com/championship/brighton-baldock-bid-rejected-1732315.html

History says we offer what we think he is worth and that is that. We do not enter bidding wars.
It's up to the player now to state to Bristol if he would like to talk to us.
Otherwise we move onto the next one on the list.
If it is true that Bristol rate him at £5m then he will tell them to offer him a new contract on a wage that match's that valuation.

I think somebody is guessing that we'll stick in a bid of £2M or thereabouts to see if it generates any interest from other clubs in The Championship. It wouldn't surprise me if his agent has his sticky little fingers in the pie.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
A bid of £2m suggests to me Ulloa is on his way. My opinion

Possibly. Although we bid 1.2m for Grabban in January, and have since sold Bridcutt and Barnes for a total of around 3.75m - so maybe not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here