Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man Utd & Moyes getting BOOED

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think there's a difference between the present Manchester United crowds and the 60,000 or so who stayed with them after they were relegated in 1974 (still one of the greatest days of my football-supporting life). A greater proportion now are tourists from other parts of the UK and other countries who go to watch the team win and be associated with victories and wear all the tat they've bought at the megastore. Many of them probably know little or nothing of Munich beyond the 1999 Champions League final. These people will be less ready to turn up when victory is no longer so certain, and would almost certainly not watch them in a lower division.

Where were those 60000 when they played Charlton in September 74? (Attendance 21616) Man U have a huge numbers of supporters but they are fickle just like everyone else.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Where were those 60000 when they played Charlton in September 74? (Attendance 21616) Man U have a huge numbers of supporters but they are fickle just like everyone else.

Have you made that up? I don't think they even met that year.....maybe wrong tho'

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Ha ha found it League Cup match on a Wednesday night.....dear dear what a bad attendance!

You can't let context get in the way of a great stat! Wouldn't be a huge surprise if that league cup 2nd rnd tie against div 3 opposition on a Tue night was probably a record! :lolol:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Thing is Brighton boy who supports a London Club, those plastic fans have tasted relegation before ( Denis Laws backheeled goal to help send them down) and what did those plastic fans do? Not desert them like a lot of plastic fans do.....they carried on supporting them. Man United v Sunderland in the second tier of English football attracted the largest Div 2 attendance ever over 60k.
I cant see their fans deserting them even if they go down. For all the hatred Man U Have created because of their success in recent years they have been well supported since the Munch Air crash and IMHO the majority of their fans don't deserve to be labelled "Plastic".
I do agree with you though on one thing.....the less Man U, Liverpool, Arse, your beloved Spuds shirts around This area the better!

Oh [MENTION=23066]gulls[/MENTION]worth how judgemental you are, assuming I am a plastic…

1) I live in London
2) I don't live and never have in Brighton
3) im on this site because I met some nice people at a Brighton game where my dad lives and joined this site and liked it (I don't get involved in Brighton footy talk, although I do have a soft spot for them
4) I have been a spurs season ticket holder from the age of 12 to 23 (parents paid) I can't afford now but still go. My familys from London (granted they are from SW London buy hey ho)
5) I am only called brighton boy as I go to visit dad down there every month and I thought I should have a name that doesn't stand out (I have asked the mods to change now I realise there are fans from other teams but they haven't replied)
6) If I was a fuc*ing glory seeker I wouldn’t support spurs would I lol…

I can't comment on the shirts seen in your "area". I'm assuming you mean Brighton but I very much doubt you see spurs shirts there.

You are missing the main hatred from my perspective. It is southern fans supporting Man U Liverpool etc. A fan from say Brighton supporting Chelsea doesn’t seem as bad to me. It is the people (this is an example of a man u friend of mine) who is from Lewisham, is a southerner and when I say have you ever been to Manchester he replies “ yes I went on a tour there”. How can you support a northern team with a southern accent…

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Oh [MENTION=23066]gulls[/MENTION]worth how judgemental you are, assuming I am a plastic…

1) I live in London
2) I don't live and never have in Brighton
3) im on this site because I met some nice people at a Brighton game where my dad lives and joined this site and liked it (I don't get involved in Brighton footy talk, although I do have a soft spot for them
4) I have been a spurs season ticket holder from the age of 12 to 23 (parents paid) I can't afford now but still go. My familys from London (granted they are from SW London buy hey ho)
5) I am only called brighton boy as I go to visit dad down there every month and I thought I should have a name that doesn't stand out (I have asked the mods to change now I realise there are fans from other teams but they haven't replied)
6) If I was a fuc*ing glory seeker I wouldn’t support spurs would I lol…

I can't comment on the shirts seen in your "area". I'm assuming you mean Brighton but I very much doubt you see spurs shirts there.

You are missing the main hatred from my perspective. It is southern fans supporting Man U Liverpool etc. A fan from say Brighton supporting Chelsea doesn’t seem as bad to me. It is the people (this is an example of a man u friend of mine) who is from Lewisham, is a southerner and when I say have you ever been to Manchester he replies “ yes I went on a tour there”. How can you support a northern team with a southern accent…

1) your getting the wrong end of the stick mate
2) If anyone is being judgemental it's you......never accused you of being plastic did I?
3) Good for you for supporting your local....ish team.....shouldn't you support Palace...no I am joking
4) I'm getting bored now off to read my old Man U programmes!!

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
1) your getting the wrong end of the stick mate
2) If anyone is being judgemental it's you......never accused you of being plastic did I?
3) Good for you for supporting your local....ish team.....shouldn't you support Palace...no I am joking
4) I'm getting bored now off to read my old Man U programmes!!

I often get the wrong end of the stick ;) localish hehe yea really should be Fulham Chelsea AFC Wimbledon... but as a kid we went spurs... blame the parents :) id never support palace I like Brighton too much...

I shouldn't be judgemental but how can southerners support northern teams? I have had man u fans lording it up over me for years and years who have never even been to old Trafford.

I don't get this mentality of supporting a team that you have never watched, not local too, no family history ties too etc but just because they win a lot... In which case I shall support Barcelona... and maybe Bayern next season...

Finally a team that has had so much glory is eventually testing it's fans for the first time in 20 years :) lets see them turn to the blue side of Manchester as I feel they will dominate for years.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Can this get any funnier ?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Funny thing is, MU actually played pretty well - other than the massive part of the game that is defending.

The 3rd was truly laughable as players dash around clueless as to who they're meant to be marking.

Chelsea haven't had to do much - Cech's even trying to gift them a goal now!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
One man team relying on Van Persie's goals last season to paper the cracks in an ageing defence and seriously poor midfield. Sir Alex knew which way the wind was blowing and no mistake :lol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It does look very bad for Mr. Moyes, looks like they need to win The League Cup to qualify for European football via the Europa Cup, but will Man City have pity ? I think not !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here