Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny drinkwater

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
To be quite honest so did I, if it wasn't for his Palace connections a lot more people on here would admit to him being a really good player.
Not really doesn’t create or score enough goals plus his step over has been worked out now. No where near worth what Palace value him at.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not really doesn’t create or score enough goals plus his step over has been worked out now. No where near worth what Palace value him at.

He had a really poor game for them against us, which in itself is unusual as he normally plays well against us, but even so he created their only goal. I still think that Drinkwater is an upgrade on what we have at our disposal at the moment I agree that Palace over value Zaha.,but he is still a good player and I wonder how many would have him in our team if it weren't for his Palace connection.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
He had a really poor game for them against us, which in itself is unusual as he normally plays well against us, but even so he created their only goal. I still think that Drinkwater is an upgrade on what we have at our disposal at the moment I agree that Palace over value Zaha.,but he is still a good player and I wonder how many would have him in our team if it weren't for his Palace connection.

and his cost,wages, shitty attitude, whiny, punchable face......

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Your not giving the Albion enough credit, he got nothing out of Montoya, moved over and Barnardo kept him quiet through the middle no change out of Dunk and co.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Your not giving the Albion enough credit, he got nothing out of Montoya, moved over and Barnardo kept him quiet through the middle no change out of Dunk and co.

This......back four, no doubt following CH’s carefully thought out strategy for dealing with the Bambi-like twunt, did an absolute number on him, reducing him to a petulant, fouling crybaby.

It was beautiful to watch.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
He's the sort of player West Ham sign on crazy wages. I don't see him as upgrade on what we have at all.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
my suggestion and I believe also the OPs was a loan to end of season to have a look at him to decide whether to push for a buy or not. so at the moment not a huge financial outlay to improve our squad.

He's obviously a good player, or has been but can't help but think that this wouldn't work as CH would want a player who has been drilled in our formation and understands what's needed in terms of work ethic. It will also slow the development of Yves who I think is going to force his way into being a regular in the starting 11 by season end. If we had an injury crisis in midfield then it would make sense. Just my opinion, but I wouldn't disrupt things.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He's obviously a good player, or has been but can't help but think that this wouldn't work as CH would want a player who has been drilled in our formation and understands what's needed in terms of work ethic. It will also slow the development of Yves who I think is going to force his way into being a regular in the starting 11 by season end. If we haid an injury crisis in midfield then it would make sense. Just my opinion, but I wouldn't disrupt things.

I agree about Yves as I rate him highly but people on here are saying he wouldnt improve our choices or squad which is utter rubbish. I think that he would push all of our midfield choices for selection and thus up their contribution even more than now.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I suggested him about a month ago and met the same response as you. If anybody thinks that he is not an improvement on Kayal and wouldnt be a benefit to our midfield squad, they must be on drugs. He will be on high wages but I am sure a % payment deal could be done as Chelsea want rid of him as we did with City and Wayne Bridge. It was suggested by the popular press that he will be Raniere's first buy at Fulham in January.

I’ll make a prediction. If and it’s a big IF we decide to strengthen central midfield in the January window the player we bring in will almost certainly be unknown to the posters on this fine forum, and will not come from one of our rivals!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here