Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
7 hours ahead here and I can confirm it has happened and been confirmed.

Well looks like I was the first to confirm this yesterday morning. None of this mucking about and panicking. Just straight to the point.

PersianNYer15

Jul 25, 2018
New York/New Jersey
Hi Everyone,

Another Iranian Jahanbakhsh fan here :D

I just want to start off by thanking all of your fans who have been the classiest group of supporters I have ever seen. The passion you guys have for your club is remarkable and it is winning over Iranians left and right, who are also extremely passionate football fans. Not sure how much everyone here knows about Iranian football fans on the internet but lets just say we have a habit of making our presence known :D I have a big feeling Brighton's fan base has now doubled!

For me, this move is particularly special because I happen to have grown up visiting Brighton and Hove on a number of occasions. My father spent his late teen years/early 20s living there going to college so its like home to him. I always asked my dad why he never had a particular team in England he rooted for and he always said because Brighton doesn't have a team (it was his ignorance of course but at the time they were in the lower ranks and he probably just wasn't aware). When you guys got promoted to the premier league I had never seen my dad so happy over a sporting event and it gave me a reason to follow an English team. It wouldn't be fair for me to say I was a fan before this Jahanbaksh move because I'm just obsessed with English football in general and never had a team......but now that has all changed.

I hope I am accepted because even when the day comes for Jahanbakhsh to move I will remain a fan of this club for how warm and classy this supporter base is and it will never be forgotten and of course after all this is the one place in England I can say I have some kind of ties to.

On Alireza and his potential/where he thrives - let me just say that he is a complete player and a hard worker. He isn't a flashy player but he will outwork anyone and has a great eye for goal for a winger. His ability to create opportunities is even better IMO and I expect him to bring out the best in Hemed (assuming he is your #1 striker?). The only thing even better than his play is his personality. This man is known to be the kindest, most humble individual you will ever come across. A little story that sheds some light on this is during the World Cup a picture went viral of some poor kid in a village in Iran tearing a plain white tank top with a piece of paper taped onto his back with Jahanbaksh's name and number. When Alireza saw this, he made sure he found the kids location and somehow successfully did, went and visited played football with him and gave him his game worn jersey. His character is second to none, which is just another reason to root for this guy.

Hoping for an amazing season and I'm looking forward to purchasing my first Brighton kit as soon as I can figure out what his number is!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Personally, I'm in two minds about this one.

I'd ear-marked this autumn / winter to dial back my NSC activity and use the immense amout of liberated time to have a crack at some proper writing.

But now it looks like I'm going to spend more time on here then ever. :(

...oh well, there's always next year.

It's like the Hotel California. You can check out, but you can't leave.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well looks like I was the first to confirm this yesterday morning. None of this mucking about and panicking. Just straight to the point.

:rolleyes:
There have been dozens of people "confirming" it on here and Twitter for most of the week chap. You're just one of the many.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
The club seem really determined to sign players who are also decent individuals and not a disruptive influence. Remember reading an interview with Paul Winstanley where he talked about how much emphasis tbey put on a player's background and personality. Good to hear.
I remember that being spouted by Barber when Burke was here. Then along comes Kemmy.....

It does actually seem to be the case now though thankfully. Balogun and AliJ both seem really decent and humble people based on the interviews.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can I just say something?!

Of course, I’m pleased it’s now out there. Great signing, and another sustainable step on our journey from lower mid table to potential contenders.

I’m not an attention seeker. If I was, I probably would have averaged more than 3 posts per week for the last 13.5 years.

I have been a fan since 1975, I’ve lived in many places thousands of miles away, but once it’s in your DNA....

I’ve been a fan for 43 years, and along with my 3 lads we’ve just passed 90 years of fanhood.

I live 130 miles from Brighton. I grew up in the region, but for 30 years have lived a long way away. Between my family, for home and away games, we usually clock up 23,000 fan miles per season, or more.

I don’t seek attention. I have some very very good sources, not just at BHAFC, but being as old as I am, at many other clubs as well.

The banter doesn’t even touch my crocodile thick skin. To most, less seasoned and weathered than me, it might cause an ouch, but not me.

If you look at my posts, I don’t tend to share opinion, but when I get something, I try to corroborate it, and then share it.

Most on here post opinion, that’s fine, that’s what boards are about. But it’s not me.

I don’t insult people, I don’t question people’s background or ‘results’. I just come on here to learn, and to share what I have learned.

It’s not my intention to waste people’s time, I was once busy, and I know most are far too busy for that.

I retired age 50 as a multi-millionaire after 33+ years with one employer. One of my sons, for example, is the one holding the BHAFC flag on Channel 9 news in Melbourne, when Jo Konta progressed in the Oz open last time out.

We are a dyed in the wool family, who commit our entire lives to following the Albion. I have spent many many games in the board room, home and away, and have made great contacts.

When I get something I think is worth sharing, I always corroborate it, and consider the possible impacts, before sharing. It doesn’t always work out, footie is far from an exact science, but TB is making it more of a science than anyone before him.

So, that just leaves me to apologise for aspects that don’t turn out as nailed on. And to say, what you read in the ‘factual’ reports isn’t always exactly what actually happened. Anyone who has read football insider books will know it is a very murky business, still.

So, thanks for all the feedback, I realise some headstrong youths full of passion will often sling dirt, that’s fine, it doesn’t worry me. But for as long as I get something worth sharing, that has not already been shared, I will keep sharing it, and you can make of that what you will.

Thank you.

seagullwedgee
I once heralded the arrival of Malcolm Poskett, so trust me, I know today is big shit!

I can’t belive how the likes of [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION] etc have treated you on this thread. You mearly passed on information in a dignified manner that you clearly stated may or may not be true. Respect.

Any chance I could borrow a few hundred just til pay day mate?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No problem. Thanks for the feedback.

In all seriousness you’ve added a lot of spice to this thread and it’s been brilliant. You got some deserved flack but mainly from keeping digging and saying stuff was ‘fact’. There are only about 4 or 5 people who know re transfers at the time as Barber etc have said so it’s not often stuff is leaked so maybe drop the ‘fact’ bit in future and just say ‘I’ve been told’???!!!!! As you say, we’re all Albion and all one big family. We have adopted some Iranian friends for the party this season. Time to move on and have a laugh about this thread. I wish you all the best and keep following the Albion on the road :thumbsup:

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Was never in doubt from lunchtime yesterday.
Story reported in the media never changed. Naylor said it was happening. The agent said it was happening. We had constant photos from the player, who was then snapped by the Montefiore hospital.

And yet some were still wetting themselves about it. Whilst one complete bellend made up constant lies. Claiming to be in the know.

Good summary for those without time to read back.

High hopes for this kid, let's hope he can produce some of that form for us.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I can’t belive how the likes of [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION] etc have treated you on this thread. You mearly passed on information in a dignified manner that you clearly stated may or may not be true. Respect.

Any chance I could borrow a few hundred just til pay day mate?

Yeah. How dare we point out that everything he said was a figment of his own imagination.

Btw, I'm looking forward to Percy's loan deal and subsequent interview with CH confirming the only reason we signed him was as a makeweight for a deal he was never involved in.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I’m also far more excited than I should be over a new signing but before we start looking up possible destinations for next season’s Europa League, have another look at some of the defending and goalkeeping in those highlight reels. It way take a while for him to adjust to Premier League standards, as it did Jose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here