Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory party annual conference Birmingham

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have lived through one labour government and seen the light already.

:thumbsup: Welcome comrade! And as time moves on more and more will see the light and swell the Labour ranks even further.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Rees-Mogg indulging in a spot of casual racism last night, it shows either supreme arrogance or stupidity as he must have known his comments would be reported.

Then again Tory voters love that sort of thing .

What did he say?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Theresa May absolutely roasted alive by Marr and he is meant to be Tory friendly, what else can go wrong for them ???

Corbyn gets dumped and Labour get a real prospect for PM, Peter Kyle perhaps? Would get far more votes than JC at a general election!

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Good to see that May is going to address the vitally important subject of tipping in restaurants in her speech. Can't think of anything at all that I would prefer her to be dealing with - crucial that this is dealt with at prime-ministerial level...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Good to see that May is going to address the vitally important subject of tipping in restaurants in her speech. Can't think of anything at all that I would prefer her to be dealing with - crucial that this is dealt with at prime-ministerial level...

Phillip Hammond was talking about it this morning. Who the hell put this on the agenda? FFS. :nono:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Phillip Hammond was talking about it this morning. Who the hell put this on the agenda? FFS. :nono:

I can only presume a significant Tory donor has asked for this?

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Theresa May absolutely roasted alive by Marr and he is meant to be Tory friendly, what else can go wrong for them ???

Oh I don't know. I thought she came across as straight talking & didn't try to duck the awkward questions.

Anyone can have an error 404 moment.

may.marr.png

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Andrew Marr had to push for an apology. May should have resigned over this but she let Amber Rudd take the stick.
She even tries to blame the previous government for her action. 'Caught up in this'? Who destroyed the embarkation papers?

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1046339138801168386

[tweet]1046339138801168386[/tweet]

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
The trouble with Tory conferences is they are just a list of speakers pushing various agendas, no debate, no votes, little influence. Bit of tub thumping and slag off and smear your opponents. I quite like a conference in the background while I work, but the Torys have the dullest, they are where Blair and Cameroon took them all presentation little substance.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The conference is off to a rip roaring start, I would never have imagined wanting to attend a tory conference - being among people I despise so - but this year I'd love to turn up with the pringles and enjoy the fun.

People you despise? Says a lot about you that. Others that hold a different opinion to yours are to be despised?

You guys love to talk about the 'nasty party', maybe it is time Labour (with Momentum) were renamed the 'Party of Hate', sure that many in the Jewish community feel this way.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
:thumbsup: Welcome comrade! And as time moves on more and more will see the light and swell the Labour ranks even further.

All desperate to lose money by paying higher taxes, 1 trillion of unaccounted money required to pay for all the promises so far. I wonder who stumps that up ??? Joe public I'm afraid

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All desperate to lose money by paying higher taxes, 1 trillion of unaccounted money required to pay for all the promises so far. I wonder who stumps that up ??? Joe public I'm afraid

If you want decent schools, a brilliant health care system, cheap integrated public transport serving the punters and not the shareholder etc etc yes yes you do need to pay for it...its not rocket science.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

But Labour are claiming that the policy has been stolen from them! Not sure what the left want anymore, their concerns addressed or a faint whiff of power......

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
If you want decent schools, a brilliant health care system, cheap integrated public transport serving the punters and not the shareholder etc etc yes yes you do need to pay for it...its not rocket science.

Why should I. I pay enough as it is and don't want to pay for pie in the sky fairyland plans put forward by Momentum

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Morning:

Esther McVey (pensions secretary)

Chris Grayling (transport)

Dominic Raab (Brexit)

Greg Clark (business)

Philip Hammond (chancellor)

Afternoon:

James Brokenshire (housing and communities)

Michael Gove (environment)

Ruth Davidson (Scotland)

Jeremy Wright (culture)

Not the best of lines ups today, all the speakers a tad tired at the moment, especially the one berating people for not working!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No great surprise the Tory's holding their conference in Alabama

I'm guessing Alabama is Trump country. I got the same city name thing.

Although I guess it is no sweet home..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here