Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They both had tons of top-end Championship experience.....White has none. Massive difference.
Same amount of PL experience though. Nobody was frightened by having Goldson in the squad; is it somehow OK to bring in players who've come through the ranks at other clubs and give them a chance at a higher level, but not our own youngsters? Is it OK because we'd pay a fee for them, perhaps? - we paid good money for X, so he must be ready; Y is just a kid from our U23s - no chance.
If - IF - the club don't get the CB they want, or decide someone is trying to turn us over and decide to go with White as 4th.choice CB, sounds fine to me. I'll trust their judgement.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Same amount of PL experience though. Nobody was frightened by having Goldson in the squad; is it somehow OK to bring in players who've come through the ranks at other clubs and give them a chance at a higher level, but not our own youngsters? Is it OK because we'd pay a fee for them, perhaps? - we paid good money for X, so he must be ready; Y is just a kid from our U23s - no chance.
If - IF - the club don't get the CB they want, or decide someone is trying to turn us over and decide to go with White as 4th.choice CB, sounds fine to me. I'll trust their judgement.

Yes but the difference between top of championship and bottom half of PL isn't really all that much........but the difference between what White has experience of and that level is still pretty big

Also, and maybe more importantly from the club's perspective is that he needs to be playing regularly to develop. Can't see us potentially risking stalling his development in this way personally - think they'd rather spend a few million on cover to protect White until he's ready.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
If Hemed is our only fit striker for Watford it sorts of ends the debate

As of yesterday Naylor was still saying that there would be offers for Hemed,so is quite possible that we would sell, when you consider that Reading offered 8 million on deadline day last season. Anyways, we've been told all along that Glenn should be fine for Watford.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I have a sneaky suspicion we will sign a striker and a CB. No basis for the suspicion, just gut feeling (which tbh usually amounts to nothing regarding the Albion :lol: )

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes but the difference between top of championship and bottom half of PL isn't really all that much........but the difference between what White has experience of and that level is still pretty big

Also, and maybe more importantly from the club's perspective is that he needs to be playing regularly to develop. Can't see us potentially risking stalling his development in this way personally - think they'd rather spend a few million on cover to protect White until he's ready.
A few million I'd agree with you. But not a lot of millions - not as many millions as some clubs.......cough...... want to rip us off for. I really think the club are using the possibility of using White rather than paying over the odds as a message to would-be sellers not to try and turn us over. I think we would call their bluff too - and White might still get the gig - and after all, he's been training and playing with the PL squad, so the standard is not entirely alien to him.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A few million I'd agree with you. But not a lot of millions - not as many millions as some clubs.......cough...... want to rip us off for. I really think the club are using the possibility of using White rather than paying over the odds as a message to would-be sellers not to try and turn us over. I think we would call their bluff too - and White might still get the gig - and after all, he's been training and playing with the PL squad, so the standard is not entirely alien to him.

Think it'll be Burn rather than Moore........

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So, today must be the day to sing a CB, shirley?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Personally, I'd give TA a swerve...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Beck?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'm reliably informed that is bollox... well, informed by a random poster on here anyway...

JonnyCLately

Jan 16, 2018
Shoreham by sea
Where's Naylor? 24 hours to go and no tweets for 14 hours - something massive is brewing. Or nothing. Can't tell. Am freaking out. Can't stop refreshing NSC and Twitter. Somebody. Something. Please. I may hide on an Island bereft of internet next January. The tension is killing me

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here