Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm really struggling to fit 'Ali' or 'Bash(er) or Iran into any of his wonderful songs. I feel utterly defeated.

So much scope in this song for the current saga?

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Elton John
When are you gonna come down?
When are you going to land?
I should have stayed on the farm
I should have listened to my old man
You know you can't hold me forever
I didn't sign up with you
I'm not a present for your friends to open
This boy's too young to be singing, the blues
So goodbye yellow brick road
Where the dogs of society howl
You can't plant me in your penthouse
I'm going back to my plough
Back to the howling old owl in the woods
Hunting the horny back toad
Oh I've finally decided my future lies
Beyond the yellow brick road
What do you think you'll do then?
I bet that'll shoot down your plane
It'll take you a couple of vodka and tonics
To set you on your feet again
Maybe you'll get a replacement
There's plenty like me to be found
Mongrels who ain't got a penny
Sniffing for tidbits like you on the ground
So goodbye yellow brick road
Where the dogs of society howl
You can't plant me in your penthouse
I'm going back to my plough
Back to the howling old owl in the woods
Hunting the horny back toad
Oh I've finally decided my future lies
Beyond the yellow brick road

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm really struggling to fit 'Ali' or 'Bash(er) or Iran into any of his wonderful songs. I feel utterly defeated.
Flock of Seagulls .........

I walked along the avenue.
I never thought we'd sign a player like you;
Sign a player like you.

With dark hair and jet black eyes;
The kind of eyes that hypnotize me through;
Hypnotize me through.

He's from Iran, Iran so far away
Will he come to us we've waited night and day.
Ali Basher's on his way

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
So you want a professional journalist to repeat tweets from people on NSC who are guessing something on a subject about which the Club has not said one word?

I’m delighted they don’t do that, and that they stay silent until they have some credible news.

The only bizarre thing is your pathetically contrived effort to criticise them.

hahahah

chill the * uck out mate. Will give yourself a hernia.

jahanbakhsh_fan

Jul 24, 2018
Hi guys,
I‘m a swiss-iranian fan and also member of persianfootball.com.
I‘m following your thread for days. I have to admit that at the beginning I was hoping that Jahanbakhsh moves to Leicester but after reading your forum and the one of the Leicester fans I really hope he comes to Brighton! You seem like really good fans and I have the feeling that Jahanbakhsh is much more welcomed by you.
Actually, I have a good feeling that the conformation will come today or tomorrow. You should be ready to receive thousands of new iranian fans and all your instagram posts will be full of persian comments :)
I hope the transfer is officiall as soon as possible and that I can stay in this forum.

Go Brighton! :albion2:

foxedup

May 23, 2014
If it was the first sign of trouble then I’d be with you, but it seems quite a labourious saga now (again). Hughton must love the guy - I hope he’s right in his assessment.

I'm convinced we (Leicester) aren't even in for the fella, none of our usual sources have said anything about us even being interested in the player. I think people are being played by his agent.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not sure why people on here think local newspapers going out of business and the decline in local sports journalism is hilarious or doesn’t matter but there you go.

I want local papers to survive, but it seems they're fighting against an inexorable change. From 100,000 Argus copies sold in the 1980's to just 10,000 sold copies now. Their only hope is the website, but it's awful, drowning in ads and popups, making it an unpleasant read.

Ironically the rise of websites such as NSC have all eaten away at its usefulness.

I think we'll end up with just the huge conurbations/regions holding on - Manchester Evening News, Liverpool Echo and Yorkshire Post for example.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I'm convinced we (Leicester) aren't even in for the fella, none of our usual sources have said anything about us even being interested in the player. I think people are being played by his agent.

Who bloody knows... we shall see

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
"Jahanbakhsh" or "Ali J" both scan with "Rocket Man". So to start with you could have...

"Jahanbakhsh, scoring world class goals for Albion.....".

And I'm sure you can do something with "I knew it was gonna take a long long time to sort a contract and get him to sign....".

Come on man, there's a masterpiece there just waiting to be unearthed!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Or maybe it's all just rumour and conjecture and nobody is actually being played by anyone. Well apart from the idiots making up the rumours and conjecture and those who believe them.

The vitriol and toy chucking by some people on here is a thing to behold when nobody actually knows ANYTHING about what is actually happening.

It's all good fun anyway......

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I want local papers to survive, but it seems they're fighting against an inexorable change. From 100,000 Argus copies sold in the 1980's to just 10,000 sold copies now. Their only hope is the website, but it's awful, drowning in ads and popups, making it an unpleasant read.

Ironically the rise of websites such as NSC have all eaten away at its usefulness.

I think we'll end up with just the huge conurbations/regions holding on - Manchester Evening News, Liverpool Echo and Yorkshire Post for example.

Agreed it’s tough.
Not sure why despite of their journalism being available for free (heaps of it on Twitter) they still get a kicking on here.

The reporting of the Alireza transfer hasn’t been a running commentary but has been pretty clear about what’s happening over last few days with timely updates quoting Albion sources and Dutch sources - They’re interested. They’re still talking. They’re still interested. It’s likely to be done in next 24/48 hours, but not over til it’s over. Pretty responsible and still useful stuff.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Luckily I've been really busy with work all morning, so I've missed the painful waiting / refreshing NSC / Twitter.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Hi guys,
I‘m a swiss-iranian fan and also member of persianfootball.com.
I‘m following your thread for days. I have to admit that at the beginning I was hoping that Jahanbakhsh moves to Leicester but after reading your forum and the one of the Leicester fans I really hope he comes to Brighton! You seem like really good fans and I have the feeling that Jahanbakhsh is much more welcomed by you.
Actually, I have a good feeling that the conformation will come today or tomorrow. You should be ready to receive thousands of new iranian fans and all your instagram posts will be full of persian comments :)
I hope the transfer is officiall as soon as possible and that I can stay in this forum.

Go Brighton! :albion2:

Welcome to NSC.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here