Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESPN verdict: Relegated

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
They're entitled to their opinion, in fact I'd rather someone who had actually looked at all the remaining fixtures pronounce on the issue than someone who has merely glanced at the current table.

There is at least one valid analysis that says if we don't beat Huddersfield at home for example, we will go down given the other fixtures, and that we may struggle to get more than 37 points, and depending on other results of those teams below us, that may not be good enough.

It's a completely fair point of view. Obviously we all hope it is wrong, and we can pretty much end the discussion by beating Arsenal on Sunday. Because if that happened, with the unexpected points, it would not only be a huge boost to us but demoralise the rest.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Not just saying this because they predict we’ll be relegated but that is really poorly written/researched.

We don’t need to win at Palace at all. We’ve got other games where we’re more likely to pick up points than that to be honest and they’re not taking our new signings and upward trajectory into account at all.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Impact of relegation: Relegation would be catastrophic on every level for West Ham and leave the club facing a worrying future in the Championship.

Aww. This just makes me want to see it happen even more.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I got as far as the part where he names Troy Deeney their long serving striker and talisman as the key player for their survival.
He's scored 1 (one) goal from open play this season.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
And he refers to Mike Ashley 'subsidising' Newcastle United.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
It’s fair enough considering the embarrassing record against the top 6. However, beating arsenal would pretty much see us safe, with then just a win from one of Leicester/hudds and a point away to either palace or burnley.

It would be a big help if a team like Huddersfield take a lot of points off the bottom teams.

West ham will be in deep trouble too if they lose to Swansea.

Bet365 have us as 8th favourite for the drop which is probably closer to the truth.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
What a pointless article, it's literally a long-winded way of Mark Ogden saying 'I reckon X, X and X' are going down. No justification or analysis on any of the teams. Lazy journalism and a waste of everyone's time.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What a pointless article, it's literally a long-winded way of Mark Ogden saying 'I reckon X, X and X' are going down. No justification or analysis on any of the teams. Lazy journalism and a waste of everyone's time.

I didn't waste my time, instead heeding the advice of everyone else here, that the piece was crap.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patreon
Jun 26, 2009
East

A waste of everyone's time apart from the bean-counters at ESPN who will be loving the ad revenue this click-bait article generates...

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The quality of ESPN reporting has only gone down in the US over the past two years. They really don't know anything outside the top 6
Yeah, used to be good but now I generally only use their output because they bought the utterly brilliant cricinfo (which is still brilliant).

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How can the key players to winning games, which is what is really needed to stay up, be our defenders.
If we were keeping clean sheets nearly every game, then I'd agree with them, but we're not.

Glenn Murray and others (including possible game-changers in Locardia, Ulloa, Izquierdo, Gross) still well under the radar with ESPN, then...good!
Agreed (although not Locadia yet, he's only had 15 minutes).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here