Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Smoking Football Fans

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But you dont need to hang on that long at the amex if it was in line with other clubs.
I find it bizarre people object to Albion fans smoking outside at away games at half time

Objection? I think the vast majority of us don't feel strongly either way but also don't see any big need. Whereas you seem to have a bee in your bonnet and are on a crusade. I can maybe understand why you feel the need for a relaxing smoke every few minutes. Chill brother.

SAC

May 21, 2014
The older the ground, the more likely they are to have an uncovered area that is still within the ground, where the club and turn a blind eye to smoking. I suspect that there wont be many in the PL, Bournemouth and Palace maybe.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What I find it bizarre is your campaign to suggest the Amex is not a modern thinking stadium and miles behind every other modern stadia just because you can't have a smoke at half time - like at Millwall.

Quite.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
As I’ve smoked for over 50 of my 70+ years I find this this priggish ‘holier than thou’ attitude nauseating. So, what if I want to have a puff at half time – why on earth can’t I go outside the stadium to enjoy a smoke? I don’t enjoy cold lager or beer on a cold day and in any case, have something of an objection to standing in a long queue to get a pint, so where’s the issue? The health police are on fire in these parts and it is clear from the preceding posts that they could collect more unpaid volunteers from the Amex. That’s all very well, but they’re starting now on sugar (I think that they’ve done salt) and just you wait until they really get going on alcohol. The signs are there already, as they were with tobacco…
Never happen at the Amex as the customers they desire most are families willing to spend a wad of cash.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Too be honest I am not sure why areas in the lower parts of the ground do not provide the ability for fans to leave the ground and re-enter, but surely for anyone in the top tiers this would be totally pointless.

Too be honest I am not sure why areas in the lower parts of the ground do not provide the ability for fans to leave the ground and re-enter, but surely for anyone in the top tiers this would be totally pointless.

They could build us a balcony outside WSU, would be lovely when the sun is streaming in and maybe even alleviate the sauna like conditions up there.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
no objection to smoking areas as long as somebody thinks it through. At Crawley there was a group of Albion fans being allowed to smoke behind the standing stand. Trouble was it was right next to the toilet and refreshment queues. Not very pleasant stand amongst all that smoke.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
no objection to smoking areas as long as somebody thinks it through. At Crawley there was a group of Albion fans being allowed to smoke behind the standing stand. Trouble was it was right next to the toilet and refreshment queues. Not very pleasant stand amongst all that smoke.

So the honk of stale piss and burger fat was ok ?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Well it's a few hours. Is it really that difficult? Personally I don't object to anyone smoking at half time, if there's somewhere to do it and they allowed. I find it even more bizarre that someone smokes & is prepared to have their clothes stink of it all day but each to their own I guess.

i don't see why they couldn't sell smoking jackets in the club shop.

il_570xN.771620891_5zvg.jpg

I'm a non smoker however, I think smokers should have a choice to smoke at half time.

By opening the stadium to an ouside concourse it would be easy for have a pen with a few stewards to allow smokers somewhere to smoke.

Such a scheme would also reduce the numbers on the concourse at a time when it's busiest.

I'm a non smoker however, I think smokers should have a choice to smoke at half time.

By opening the stadium to an ouside concourse it would be easy for have a pen with a few stewards to allow smokers somewhere to smoke.

Such a scheme would also reduce the numbers on the concourse at a time when it's busiest.

So the stewards would be subject to passive smoking in that situation ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
your comment is stupid please transpose into english

Your sentence is grammatically incorrect in multiple ways and I'd also suggest a bad choice of word in transpose. Translate would be better.

Which part of my post didn't you understand then?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Smoking football fans

I'd probably favour a hickory smoke woodchip, or pork and apple if you want a sweeter flavour. Baste the meat with cooking oil and put half a pint of water in the main chamber, as this will increase humidity and help stop the football fan from drying out. Keep the airvent partially closed, and use the damper to maintain a constant temperature of around 200-220 degrees for around 4 hours, or until your football fan is cooked right through. Try to resist lifting the lid to the main chamber too often, as this will greatly reduce heat and increase cooking time. Serve with fried onions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here