Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Not sure why May is soldiering on. It must be lonely and friendless job right now and only a matter of time before she is put to the sword by the Tory Grandees.

She's lost her Special Advisors (against her wishes), she can't shuffle her team as she has no power or authority, everybody in her team and the wider party holds her in contempt and she's just been humiliated in the county, Europe and the wider world.

This can't be the vision of being PM that she had envisaged. With all the shit in her inbox it can only get significantly worse. If I were her I'd just call it a day.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The Tories are so gullible that they wasted £1.2m on Facebook adverts that can be avoided, switched off and sink without user engagement.

I'm not convinced these Tory ads didn't turn some young voters to Labour.

Labour got it for free from Stormzy, Lilly Allen and people sharing new media with their mates.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/10/torie...i-jeremy-corbyn-social-media-adverts-6699774/

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
A new general election looms.

May won't get a vote of confidence for the DUP deal. Corbyn will rightly challenge Tories on the moral compass and core beliefs and play on the NI peace process.

Corbyn will try and get a minority gov through commons but with Lib Dems smelling blood, and the possibility of this daft DUP deal damaging Tories Vote share, Lid Dem could feel they could make gains too and some if not all could reject this speech too.
An immediate election is awful for The Conservatives. They need a bit of time to consider the leadership question and try and get some policy together. The last thing any Tory wants is TM fighting another election, surely?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
There's a journo talking on 5 live now, saying that 5 cabinet ministers have told him, she will be gone by Christmas, and that Boris is sounding out support for a leadership bid later in the year. David Davis was another contender for the leadership. Hammond told May, his price for not rocking the boat is that she puts British jobs and finance, above immigration in Brexit talks.
Tory Grandees are terrified of another election in the Autumn, because they think Labour would win, so, the attack dogs of the 22committee have been reined in, so that May doesn't have a giddy fit, and walk. The DUP have won the lottery, with bucket loads off cash on its way to NI, they already get more per head of population than any where else in the country.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Hammond told May, his price for not rocking the boat is that she puts British jobs and finance, above immigration in Brexit talks.

james-may-and-richar.jpg

More interesting than the usual rubbish they talk about.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
But May isn't the choice of the Tory party membership, she had no others rivals for the job, the mas membership of the party don't get the final vote for a leader, in Labour , they do, therefore, if only the PLP could get rid of Cornyn, it wouldn't be democratic.

Anyway, I think the Tories should support TM, and back her to the hilt, because with her as leader, Labour are a shoo in next time round.

I said If. This Army/Navy rivalry is a bit OTT if people are voting for chums of terrorists over the national security interest. Irish heritage?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I said If. This Army/Navy rivalry is a bit OTT if people are voting for chums of terrorists over the national security interest. Irish heritage?

Not at all, and, btw, the Royal Marines who served countless tours in NI, are part of the RN.
Careful now, with the chums of terrorists jibe, Major was the first senior politician to speak to SF, and Mays Government is now coseing up to the DUP, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
I do think, in all seriousness, that the Catholics in NI had a lot of right on their side at the start of the 69-97 troubles, they were treated appallingly by the Protestant majority, and, don't forget, the British Army was originally sent in to protect the Catholics from the Prods.
I, like Jeremy Cornyn though, utterly condemn the mindless violence meted out by both sides of a brutal war. There weren't many good guys, so, in the end you have to speak to the bad guys, or nothing gets solved.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'd agree with you if you said the last 2. The Tory / Lib Dem government was pretty good. Cleggs moderating influence kept the excessive under control and even introduced stuff that could be classed as left. TBH, I'm struggling to think of a better government in my lifetime (genuinely happy to be convinced otherwise)

The true colours have come out since the last election though. I hate to think where we'd be if Maybot had her mandate.
This is spot on. Unfortunately tribal stuff and stupidity (from left and right) mean that a sensible coalition government is extremely unlikely again. Unless we change the voting system, which would take a progressive coalition, which...... Ah.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Not at all, and, btw, the Royal Marines who served countless tours in NI, are part of the RN.
Careful now, with the chums of terrorists jibe, Major was the first senior politician to speak to SF, and Mays Government is now coseing up to the DUP, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
I do think, in all seriousness, that the Catholics in NI had a lot of right on their side at the start of the 69-97 troubles, they were treated appallingly by the Protestant majority, and, don't forget, the British Army was originally sent in to protect the Catholics from the Prods.
I, like Jeremy Cornyn though, utterly condemn the mindless violence meted out by both sides of a brutal war. There weren't many good guys, so, in the end you have to speak to the bad guys, or nothing gets solved.

Major was in a position to make a difference unlike the apologist appeasing lefty sympathisers who cosied up to terrorists agreeing with their ultimate goal of a united Ireland while they killed British soldiers and civilians. I know the history. Good luck finding quotes of JC specifically condemning the IRA murdering scum.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Major was in a position to make a difference unlike the apologist appeasing lefty sympathisers who cosied up to terrorists agreeing with their ultimate goal of a united Ireland while they killed British soldiers and civilians. I know the history. Good luck finding quotes of JC specifically condemning the IRA murdering scum.

And your thoughts on Mays new besties refusing to condemn the pipe bombing of a Catholic primary school? I can't remember the year, maybe2005ish, but the DUP were the only political party not to condemn it.
They are going to make great bedfellows.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
And your thoughts on Mays new besties refusing to condemn the pipe bombing of a Catholic primary school? I can't remember the year, maybe2005ish, but the DUP were the only political party not to condemn it.
They are going to make great bedfellows.

I think they are sh*ts. Who has the moral high ground now?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think they are sh*ts. Who has the moral high ground now?

I don't think any of them have covered themselves in glory, including the present Labour leadership, but, to only criticise one side, is unfair.
Having seen pictures of Tories with Assad, to Corbyns remarks about a terrorist organisation, both, if I'm honest I find hard to stomach,they are politicians in the end,and this sort of shit is their stock in trade.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Er, nobody. I think that's the point.

The only issue being that this set of terrorist scum are actually going to be part of our government. Thanks to Theresa.

Minor point to you perhaps.

No no it's not a score draw. One side cosied up to and clearly, supported (Quotes available if needed) terrorist scum in the middle of their bombing campaign killing British soldiers men women and children. The other is trying to secure more votes in parliament from a democratically elected group who have odious views and suspect links with terrorist groups in 2017. More than a minor point in my view.

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
Er, nobody. I think that's the point.

The only issue being that this set of terrorist scum are actually going to be part of our government. Thanks to Theresa.

Minor point to you perhaps.

They may hold views you disagree with but they are not terrorists.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I don't think any of them have covered themselves in glory, including the present Labour leadership, but, to only criticise one side, is unfair.
Having seen pictures of Tories with Assad, to Corbyns remarks about a terrorist organisation, both, if I'm honest I find hard to stomach,they are politicians in the end,and this sort of shit is their stock in trade.

This attempted equivalency is a cop out in my view I can show you links of Corbyn pictured with Assad. The far left are as extreme and dangerous as the far right .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here