Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

THE Leeds United, season ticket refund offer.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Just a prod at the likely dealings of the Leeds chairman. On a more serious note, I would assume that the club took out insurance against this.

Leeds have not been in the top six for any of the previous 6 seasons since they returned to the Championship. What sort of insurance company is going to insure against a scenario that has a 100% historical probability?

sir_gullahad

Dec 20, 2013
Cheltenhamshire
Just a prod at the likely dealings of the Leeds chairman. On a more serious note, I would assume that the club took out insurance against this.

Is insurance like this legal? Does it differ from taking out a bet?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
More interesting that the bigger refund was only due if they sold 15,000, which they failed to do. I'd have thought a club of Leeds' size would have shifted more than that in a normal season, let alone one with some promise. Good news for Cellino is that he only has to pay back 25% instead of the 50% thanks to that.

They still might make the play offs, surely Fulham & the Massive playing each other on the final day could help with that?

They could go down the west Germany Austria route and organise a result that suits all parties. I don't think people will be a sorry for Leeds and they did for Algeria.

Best mate is a Leeds fan and he was down for the weekend and I was too grown up to tuck in after Burton. He says he didn't join in the chant where their fans suggested we were not going to succeed.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
More interesting that the bigger refund was only due if they sold 15,000, which they failed to do. I'd have thought a club of Leeds' size would have shifted more than that in a normal season, let alone one with some promise. Good news for Cellino is that he only has to pay back 25% instead of the 50% thanks to that.

They still might make the play offs, surely Fulham & the Massive playing each other on the final day could help with that?

Be keen to see the audit on that one!

It is curious why Leeds sell so few STs. My money would be on no DD facility - Leeds fans remain by and large from the rougher bits of the city and the upfront single payment may well be difficult for many.

PG

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
They could go down the west Germany Austria route and organise a result that suits all parties. I don't think people will be a sorry for Leeds and they did for Algeria.

Best mate is a Leeds fan and he was down for the weekend and I was too grown up to tuck in after Burton. He says he didn't join in the chant where their fans suggested we were not going to succeed.

No. No-one is going to admit that.

It's the reverse of the tens of thousands who say they saw Bob Marley at the Lyceum in '75, or the 20,000 who saw The Jam at the Brighton Centre in '82.

No-one was chanting about us f*cking it up. Nada, personne, nae bahstad. Didn't happen etc.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

It's the reverse of the tens of thousands who say they saw Bob Marley at the Lyceum in '75, or the 20,000 who saw The Jam at the Brighton Centre in '82.

No-one was chanting about us f*cking it up. Nada, personne, nae bahstad. Didn't happen etc.

I saw that Jam gig! (and Marley at the Centre a couple of years earlier).

PG

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012

To be fair he does sit at the back of the stand the opposite end to the away fans.

We sat together for the game in c2005 when yelldell wore the pink and guy butters scored a late equaliser. Sensational day and I narrowly avoided a hiding from some rather unhappy chaps in the row behind. It busted his acca costing him 300 quid that somehow made it funnier.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Fulham win Saturday and Leeds are done

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010

Perhaps they are suppressing the (14,500) figure as a matter of expedience !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

leeds-fans1.jpg

I really REALLY hope Leeds are winning, but then Fulham knock a late one in against Brentford. That would be exquisite.

Crowd shots. I'd need lots of CROWD shots.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Wonder what the small print to it says ? Or will he say as he no longer owns the club the deal is void

I discussed that with a Leeds colleague on Monday. I gather that the small print says it's void if they lose to Burton Albion at any time in the season.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Is that a fact? Hadn't looked at the table closely. I thought they were three ahead.

My only concern here is that Fulham are where they are- and not higher- in the table because they have a habit of performing brilliantly against the top sides but then losing against poor ones (didn't they chuck one against Wolves after winning at St James's Park?). Also, it's a derby against Brentford, who aren't a bad side, and who will be desperate to piss on Fulham's chips.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is that a fact? Hadn't looked at the table closely. I thought they were three ahead.

My only concern here is that Fulham are where they are- and not higher- in the table because they have a habit of performing brilliantly against the top sides but then losing against poor ones (didn't they chuck one against Wolves after winning at St James's Park?). Also, it's a derby against Brentford, who aren't a bad side, and who will be desperate to piss on Fulham's chips.

Fulham win and they're at least 3 points clear with 1 to play, and about 13 goals better off. Leeds' goose will be cooked for another year.

Brentford is no gimmie, but Leeds are needing snookers by the looks. This amuses me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here