Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Anyone else seeing Robert Wyatt at The Dome tonight? Pretty excited....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

A*se. This is the first I've heard of it. Enjoy. I'm going to drink some extremely fancy sherry, some wine, then port, then bed, then up for a pre-match curry in Birmingham. Just about makes up for missing out on this. A victory might just seal it though.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Paul Weller asked Unison (organising the gig tonight) for a grand to take his family out for dinner, even though he's playing the gig for free tonight.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
SFA were superb, both at the Roundhouse and the Dome.

Luckily I didn't miss Download, Mountain People and TMDGAF, mainly due to having no idea where [MENTION=13]CHAPPERS[/MENTION] had gone...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
SFA were superb, both at the Roundhouse and the Dome.

Luckily I didn't miss Download, Mountain People and TMDGAF, mainly due to having no idea where [MENTION=13]CHAPPERS[/MENTION] had gone...

If people didn't decide to faint at the end of gigs that would be good for me.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Paul Weller asked Unison (organising the gig tonight) for a grand to take his family out for dinner, even though he's playing the gig for free tonight.

Musicians - and artists of all kinds - do this all the time. I can't remember anyone being underwhelming on expenses, no matter how noble the cause nor how supposedly working-class they were. First class travel and taxis all over the place, too.

shackanory

Aug 19, 2016
As a one off I am happy to pay £62. Guessing that Kraftwerk are not going to be touring very much longer it feels like a bit of an event. Most bands I see come well under the £20 mark with live music still being relatively cheap as a night out. It now costs more to go to the cinema than it does say most evenings at The Haunt/ Green Door Store/Albert etc.

saw kraftwerk play in oslo in august. the 3d show as you say is more of an event than a gig.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
No idea I'm afraid. Lovely Eggs support bands are usually local. Short set due to early curfew with it being a club night- I wish they would go back to playing at WestHill Hall as it is perfectly suited to their style. Having said that I never fail to leave a Lovely Eggs gig without a smile on my face.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
saw kraftwerk play in oslo in august. the 3d show as you say is more of an event than a gig.

I had tickets for Computer Love but couldn't go in the end. Stunning venue eh?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
A trip to Tunbridge Wells Forum tonight, which is a new one on me, to see Drenge. Looking forward to another venue which looks nice and cramped and should have kids launching themselves all over the shop which is always fun to watch.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Well, isn't theTunbridge Wells forum a nice venue.

Enjoyed Drenge a lot, plentty of kids throwing themselves about and an easily accessible bar (possibly due to the underage nature of the gig - 16+ it was). Recommend seeing them live if you can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here