Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poor show BHAFC very poor show.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The whole family was coming to watch the PNE game, until my phone call, yeah you got it 4 paying customers that are now all at an age when they are ready for a 90 min match day experience.

Really - I could understand if Tesco upset you, you could go to Sainsburys, Easy Jet wind you up off to Ryan Air, waiters at the hotel in Gran Canaria make you wait for your rum and coke too long, there is always Tenerife BUT there is only one club in your heart and you are throwing in the towel because you missed out on a FREE shirt, give me strength

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
On the off chance that Mr Run needs to stagger delivery of his generous gifts due to the weight of interest, is there an order of precedence that will be followed or will it be first come first served?
It's strictly according to the order of the list. The order is based on when I approve a request, and if I have made a mistake with the order, please let me know and I will do my best to rectify it.

It cannot possibly be that simple. There will be a hugely complex algorithm I reckon.
No, it really is quite simple. There are only two of us, we need to keep the process streamlined. I fear there may be a bit of a backlash when posters find that they need a bank account to take advantage of this offer.

Hey @Triggaaar, keep Southampton on the list and send me his shirt.
You do realise that Chicken Run can (theoretically, as in truth he's generally too busy) read this thread don't you? I have to stick to the rules.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Really - I could understand if Tesco upset you, you could go to Sainsburys, Easy Jet wind you up off to Ryan Air, waiters at the hotel in Gran Canaria make you wait for your rum and coke too long, there is always Tenerife BUT there is only one club in your heart and you are throwing in the towel because you missed out on a FREE shirt, give me strength

Bang out of order [MENTION=1958]Gazwag[/MENTION].

He was CONNED out of the free shirt by having to endure Barber's ridiculous Kafkaesque bureaucracy and the red-tape laden jobsworths that are just typical of the club's staff. He only had 7 YEARS to sign up.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
It's strictly according to the order of the list. The order is based on when I approve a request, and if I have made a mistake with the order, please let me know and I will do my best to rectify it.

Thank you for clarifying, once again your customer service skills are putting others to shame.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Let us know how you get on with Paul Barber, I shall be watching with interest.
I screwed up my dates on getting playoff tickets last year. Maybe if your successful they could replay the games so that I don’t miss out on the experience.
A glorious swerve there. For a brief second I thought that was going to be a genuine message of support for MB.

Well played that man.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Would it be OK if I added my daughter to the list? It would be unfair that she would miss out just because she is in her thirties now and the offer wasn't around when she was young.
can i add my daughters to the list as well ....even though they are both boys and were recently granted scholarships to the ottawa mounty academy..?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Without getting dragged into the initial debate, I've noticed a lot of posters say that they signed their kids up at birth. Can I ask what you get/why? My little boy is nearly 2 but obviously has no interest in the Albion so I've not signed him up, as I feel that any stuff that comes would really be a bit pointless. I figured I'll take him along to a game about aged 5 when he is (hopefully) also having a go at playing football, and then sign him up when he appreciates it.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

No, it really is quite simple. There are only two of us, we need to keep the process streamlined. I fear there may be a bit of a backlash when posters find that they need a bank account to take advantage of this offer.

I've signed up to give blood today, can I go on the list? Assuming I don't have to provide 23 years worth of blood I owe for not signing up when I was supposed to.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Can't stop to debate the many ways you are wrong. Got to dash to M & S and demand a free pullover for the winter as I have spent a lot of money there over the years. I know they don't currently offer free pullovers but the weather is changing and I want one. Otherwise I'll go on M & S chat and slag them off - oh, hang on a minute, better put my watch right in case I make a real tit of myself!
Quite like the sound of M&S chat. Nice one [emoji38]

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Without getting dragged into the initial debate, I've noticed a lot of posters say that they signed their kids up at birth. Can I ask what you get/why? My little boy is nearly 2 but obviously has no interest in the Albion so I've not signed him up, as I feel that any stuff that comes would really be a bit pointless. I figured I'll take him along to a game about aged 5 when he is (hopefully) also having a go at playing football, and then sign him up when he appreciates it.

For one thing, you get a shirt on their 7th birthday and you don't have to worry about remembering to sign up at the last minute

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

With the cold dark nights encroaching, very much doubt that many kids under the age of 10 or even higher will appreciate being hauled along by an Albion-doting parent to an evening kick-off with the scary stampede in the dark for the train afterwards. Especially with school the next day. Purely a Saturday 3pm Matchday Experience for the little 'uns I'd suggest, unless you've got an easily-walkable prime parking spot tucked away.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton

You get a free shirt for their 7th birthday but you have to register them at least a month before their 7th birthday. That is all I know.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
So we don't forget about it until less than a month before their 7th birthday?

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I want to be on the list. Me, me, me. I haven't got any bin lids but I do have a pusscat AND she's got an Albion fan number.

Ok she's 11 now but it wasn't my fault I didn't register her in time because there are no benefits for Albion supporting felines. Which is a disgrace. I went to the Goldstone and all 8 seasons at Gillingham. Just a collar will do. Or a food bowl. But she'd prefer a shirt. With CATtlin on the back.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Is this list open to people who, like the OP, have missed the deadline?

My 7th birthday was over 300 months ago, so I am a little late, but I am a season ticket holder and even went to some games at the Withdean, so I think it would only be fair as a reward for my loyal service to the club.

If it’s OK I would like it slightly larger too as I don’t think I would fit in a child’s size shirt; adult medium would be best. If not don’t worry as I will flog whatever I get on ebay.

Cheers

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey! 35 pages discussion on somebody missing the deadline to blag his kid a free BHAFC shirt through his own lack of forward planning. Truly bizarre, even by NSC standards.

These interminable international breaks have a LOT to answer for. Saturday can't come round quick enough :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here