Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we ditch the stripes again

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
personally wouldn't bother me losing the stripes. my 1st couple of seasons supporting the albion we were not in stripes.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Nothing to do with the colour. Just a coincidence that those who've won it most - Man U and Liverpool - play in red. If their colours had been blue with pink polka dots, they wouldn't have won any fewer titles.

How do we know?? Is there such a thing as co-incidence???

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
No! Stripes resemble football

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Stripes only and forever - really liked the kit worn on the opening day at Amex vs Spurs

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Keep the stripes for me, albeit the solid blue with white sleeves works ok as well.

No thanks to shirts like the last two seasons with a plain white or blue back. Looks crap and unfinished. No more bargain basement templates from the Nike seconds bin. Nothing described in marketing speak as having 'a contemporary twist' or 'a nod to the history of.....' whatever.

Just let it be simple and classy.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Stripes front and back. Back to something like the old Bukta kit of the late 70's. Iconic.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Stripes front and back. Back to something like the old Bukta kit of the late 70's. Iconic.

My personal favourite ericpotts6.jpg

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Actually I don't think you will find that it is rubbish. I read an article a while ago saying much the same thing.

Well then I'd have to disagree with the mentioned article if that's what it said. There is no way that when we played Barnsley or Bristol City that it looked like they had more players. Total rubbish. Then again it's an objective thing to say. You might think it looks that way, I don't.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I may be in the minority, but I LOVED the kit we got promoted from League One in at the last time of asking. Blue stripes slightly wider than the white, but definitely definitively stripes.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Please God no. I love the stripes and long may they reign. Absolutely hated that crap thing we wore when we got to Div1 back in the day.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
We are Brighton and synonymous with having blue and white stripes long may it remain. With an all red change strip which is proven to be the most successful colour for a football team.

Yeah because red really did well for Cardiff and brought them all of the luck...

Plus, our record in the current red away kit is atrocious.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Another vote here for pinstripes. Wouldn't mind seeing a return to the striped shorts as well. Been a while.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here