Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham "ticket forwarding"

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
Hanged means you end up dead. Hung drawn and quartered is correct as the second part is pretty pointless if you've been hanged.

They were not hung until death, after hanging, they were placed on a table, revived and then had their meat and two veg removed along with the intestines sometimes inviscerated, then came death.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well maybe, but at least it would formalise a process which at the moment seems a bit too informal. The clubs stance is completely different to what is happening in reality and that doesn't make sense. £5 may be too steep, but something like that would be welcome I feel.

The process sounds excellent, I agree.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Given we run our 'ticket exchange' from Survey Monkey I think this idea might be a little be too progressive for some within the club.
I know, that really surprised me when I saw it, we'd be better off having real monkeys running the system.

Well done WHU. So, just to be clear tickets CAN be used by people other than the original purchaser and this does not in fact break any regulation regarding 'Football Fans the Ticketing thereof' - despite what we've been told to the contrary.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I know, that really surprised me when I saw it, we'd be better off having real monkeys running the system.

Well done WHU. So, just to be clear tickets CAN be used by people other than the original purchaser and this does not in fact break any regulation regarding 'Football Fans the Ticketing thereof' - despite what we've been told to the contrary.

Apparently not allowed if shared without going through a club organised scheme.

Of course, lots of people at every club share ST's with family or friends, and have done for years, but it now appears our club are going to take "strong action" against any of our ST holders caught sharing.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
it now appears our club are going to take "strong action" against any of our ST holders caught sharing.

Are they ?

in the last 12 months there has been a
a) Warning to Adult fans about using u18 or u21 tickets to gain entry - fair enough
b) warning to Adult fans about using loyalty points to purchase Away tickets for friends without loyalty points - due to fan complaints
c) A few reminders to fans about the upgrade policy (6 times a season) for ST holders to upgrade u10s/u18s/u21s etc to Adults for Sky/evening matches etc. - a policy, the club say, is more flexible than most other clubs. I've used it a lot personally this season as i have 3 sons, Mrs CJ (and me) who all like football but only 3 tickets and they are teenagers with other commitments sometimes. I appreciate the ability to share things around.

but perplexed about this perceived "strong action" and crackdown on the far more common Adult gives S Tickets to other Adult if they can't make a match. That one must have passed me by. Because i also use that a few times a season too and if they did it would be stupid.

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Are they ?

in the last 12 months there has been a
a) Warning to Adult fans about using u18 or u21 tickets to gain entry - fair enough
b) warning to Adult fans about using loyalty points to purchase Away tickets for friends without loyalty points - due to fan complaints
c) A few reminders to fans about the upgrade policy (6 times a season) for ST holders to upgrade u10s/u18s/u21s etc to Adults for Sky/evening matches etc. - a policy, the club say, is more flexible than most other clubs. I've used it a lot personally this season.

but perplexed about this perceived "strong action" and crackdown on the far more common Adult gives S Tickets to other Adult if they can't make a match. Because i also use that a few times a season too and if they did it would be stupid.

Indeed, are they or aren't they. Suppose we'll have to wait and see.

And if they do take "strong action", what form will that action take?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Indeed, are they or aren't they. Suppose we'll have to wait and see.

And if they do take "strong action", what form will that action take?

hang on a minute. You said they were - now its "wait and see" .
Its wait and see because they're not. and they won't. Its stupid, virtually impossible to enforce, and is very low risk compared to the other issues.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
hang on a minute. You said they were - now its "wait and see" .
Its wait and see because they're not. and they won't. Its stupid, virtually impossible to enforce, and is very low risk compared to the other issues.

I didn't say they were, I said it "appears [they are]" because that's what the statement says.

I'm basically asking the question as to whether they will or not, hence my second post.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I didn't say they were, I said it "appears [they are]" because that's what the statement says.

I'm basically asking the question as to whether they will or not, hence my second post.
I think you've misunderstood the statement. The bit about reallocation of STs means that if you don't want to renew, for whatever reason, then it just goes to someone on the waiting list and you can't pass the seat on to a family member or friend.

I'm sure that the club will continue to turn a blind eye to the casual sharing of a ticket between mates, provided it's not an adult using a concession ticket.

D

Deleted member 2719

Out of touch with the core supporters and PB has no reality of this.:nono:

I suppose not being a lifelong fan he wouldn't.

Two ears and one mouth, it's good to listen to your customers.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Fully justified in stopping adults using junior tickets although would help in saying you can upgrade for all evening games. Can understand if complaints received concern about away tickets. Just badly dealt with. Only needed some discreet spot checks instead of winding so many people up. However not been able to pass season ticket on is mad. There must be so many pairs go. If there spouse, partner, friend,or relative is unable to renew or dies it is unreasonable to tell these people sorry you now have to go on your own. I do know if I had to go on my own I wouldnt enjoy it so much and am sure some would stop going. I am sure club will review this

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Out of touch with the core supporters and PB has no reality of this.:nono:

I suppose not being a lifelong fan he wouldn't.

Two ears and one mouth, it's good to listen to your customers.

Like the lifelong fan who owns the club and sanctions what the CEO does or the fans who complained that people were abusing the loyalty points system or do they not count. ?

D

Deleted member 2719

Like the lifelong fan who owns the club and sanctions what the CEO does or the fans who complained that people were abusing the loyalty points system or do they not count. ?

Of course TB has to let PB do his job but at the end of the day the customer is always right and PB is not one of us and only knows of our history, he hasn't gone through the tough years, fans and club a like he will not have the same empathy and understanding us common-or--garden fans have.
Perhaps he is just getting us 'Chinese ready'.

Hey Jem, are you new to the club or do you just work for them???

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Of course TB has to let PB do his job but at the end of the day the customer is always right and PB is not one of us and only knows of our history, he hasn't gone through the tough years, fans and club a like he will not have the same empathy and understanding us common-or--garden fans have.
Perhaps he is just getting us 'Chinese ready'.

Hey Jem, are you new to the club or do you just work for them???

I was new to the club once when i rocked up in 1973 and saw us lose to Chelsea 2-0 in the FA Cup. Quite an intro to the Albion. I've been a few times since then on and off - now very much on. Although whether you've supported the club for 40 odd years or 4 months or not at all then i'm not sure why it doesn't mean you can't express a view about whether PB or TB have fans interests in mind when they make decisions OR if you tend to agree with them from time to time then you simply must have a financial stake or ulterior motive for doing so... BOO TO YOU MOULDY. (PS: my real name and real job is in my bio - i'm guessing yours isn't)

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
There have been far too many occasions, (due to illness), over the last 12 months when I haven't been able to go to matches - I have tried to make sure that my season ticket has been used and have never taken a penny in exchange - I'm sure I won't be alone in this.

A simple scheme like WH's whereby I could let the club know I can't use my seat for a particular match which would then allow them to pass this on to someone who in normal circumstances couldn't afford to go strikes me as an excellent idea.

I don't understand all the posts saying "well WH can afford to do so", (or similar). Where is the cost to the club for such a scheme?

D

Deleted member 2719

I was new to the club once when i rocked up in 1973 and saw us lose to Chelsea 2-0 in the FA Cup. Quite an intro to the Albion. I've been a few times since then on and off - now very much on. Although whether you've supported the club for 40 odd years or 4 months or not at all then i'm not sure why it doesn't mean you can't express a view about whether PB or TB have fans interests in mind when they make decisions OR if you tend to agree with them from time to time then you simply must have a financial stake or ulterior motive for doing so... BOO TO YOU MOULDY. (PS: my real name and real job is in my bio - i'm guessing yours isn't)

Hey Jem, you can have an opinion.

I just believe that some time people take their 'eye off the ball' about real life.

Look at the recent Tory gaff, PB can do a u turn as well, not that i think he will, power is very important to some people. I would see it as a strength.

I don't hide from anyone Jem, i have always posted under the same profile, many on here know me including the club and not all agree with me. One thing i will say i am consistently straight and will admit when i am wrong.

When the initial dull and boring footie was being served up by Hughton , with one up front at home and it was dire i told the club when i didn't renew my ST, how many other fans would bother with there true feedback???

Isn't it great that NSC have so many different opinions.

Ps Corrie is Streets ahead of Enders.:wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here