Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk to join Fulham this week?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
We've not got an offer we're happy with. So he's staying until we do.
Good lad not to let the talk unsettle him.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Would the club really be shortsighted and stupid enough to sell our prize asset just a few days before the start of the new season? I fear the answer to this is yes.

The club wouldn't have any real say in it. You see players do what they bloody well want aided and abetted by the agents of course.
I for one would be gutted if we lose Dunk especially to another championship club.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why? The club must have a plan in place if he was to leave. Targets would have been identified. If we got 5m for Dunk and that enabled to get two central defenders in for say 1.5m each, plus got th Marshall deal over the line. We'd still have further money left for additional players. What's not to like about that? I appreciate its getting very late in the day and the start of the season is on us. The sale of dunk could mean we have a much better squad and chances of staying up/promotion.

Well the last time we sold a player for a large wedge just before the season started we didn't bother to replace him, so it's not a given that we'd pay for a quality replacement this time either.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The club wouldn't have any real say in it. You see players do what they bloody well want aided and abetted by the agents of course.
I for one would be gutted if we lose Dunk especially to another championship club.
The club, in it's current set up, has never short changed itself.
I really don't see that happening here either.

I also don't see Dunk 'pulling a Buckley' either.
There's been a lot of investment in LD, I'm sure that will be reciprocated, until such time as all parties agree.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My suggestion about an offer for Elphick was based on it being an opinion and I thought this was a forum to discuss peoples opinions but obviously I am wrong.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My suggestion about an offer for Elphick was based on it being an opinion and I thought this was a forum to discuss peoples opinions but obviously I am wrong.

But it's not a discussion of people's opinion if people aren't allowed to pass a comment on a given opinion.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
So has this evening's late announcement (Zamora) been delivered before we get the bad news?
Daily Mirror
Slam Dunk!
Fulham will complete the signing of Lewis Dunk this week.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Would have been the other way round if Dunk was going imminently. Get the bad news out the way first.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So has this evening's late announcement (Zamora) been delivered before we get the bad news?
Daily Mirror
Slam Dunk!

Dunk will only go after we've signed a new center back.

If tonight's announcement had been one of them....

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Daily Mirror
Slam Dunk!

Is this the same Mirror that said we were singing Frank Lampard and Joe Cole last season?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I'm not in the know but I know a member of his family and have heard he doesn't want to move, obviously this doesn't mean he won't go if they offer stupid money/wages but it's comforting to me that should we choose not to budge, he isn't going to try and force any move and will remain professional.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'm not in the know but I know a member of his family and have heard he doesn't want to move, obviously this doesn't mean he won't go if they offer stupid money/wages but it's comforting to me that should we choose not to budge, he isn't going to try and force any move and will remain professional.

I like this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here