Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Photography thread

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Saw this little fella hiding among the plant pots this morning. First time I've seen one like this before, so not exactly sure what species of grasshopper it is.

20180607_092435-1.jpg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Attachments

• Pasha Poo NSC.JPG
    Pasha Poo NSC.JPG
    262.6 KB · Views: 188

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
You asked for it!

To be fair, it's not the most picturesque poo I've ever seen, but with a bit more work you could have given us your interpretation of a "beauty versus ugliness" theme, rather than DIY landscaping.

Some poor bu88er's obviously trodden in it, which spoils the natural ugliness, but I'm sure there some coprophilia websites that would love it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thanks.
This was with a 7d mk2 and 100-400mm mk 1.
Damn, was hoping it was a Nikon and you could teach me about settings when focussing on moving subjects (my subjects don't to to move very quickly, so not something I'm experienced at).
Light was rubbish so was taken with low shutter speed
Oh, so you just got lucky then.
hence the wing blur but I think it works.
The wing blur adds to the photo.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I was shooting the Haslemere Bumpy Tri yesterday morning. Though I say it myself, I was rather pleased with this one. Trying to find the right spot for a context shot is not always that easy and the s-bend here came out a treat.

Cycle.jpeg

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Damn, was hoping it was a Nikon and you could teach me about settings when focussing on moving subjects (my subjects don't to to move very quickly, so not something I'm experienced at).
Oh, so you just got lucky then.
The wing blur adds to the photo.

Not worked with Nikon but would guess the ideas would be similar.
As someone once said - the more I practice the luckier I get! Bird only showed for 5 seconds in 4 hours and that was in bad light so was delighted to get this shot - only managed 3 shots that were sharp as due to low light/low shutter speeds it was hard to freeze the body/head - I had already pushed ISO far higher than I normally do.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Thanks.
This was with a 7d mk2 and 100-400mm mk 1.
Taken at 200mm!!
Light was rubbish so was taken with low shutter speed - hence the wing blur but I think it works.

Sometimes absolute clarity frozen at a high shutter speed doesn't look as natural.... Not saying either style is good or bad but I think there is room for both. Excellent picture by the way.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
As far as action pics go I was quite pleased with this one from the Brighton Marathon a couple of years ago......

fullsizeoutput_32dc.jpeg

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
This is my favourite NSC thread. Never get bored at looking at all the images you guys put together and post on here.
Thanks to you all.

Crackpot

Jun 4, 2011
Upper North Street
Anyone using one of the Sony RX100 series cameras in conjunction with a gimbal?

I have a MK 6 being delivered this month,and a holiday straight after,so time is of the essence to get a stabiliser ASAP. By the time the camera arrives there might only be a day or so to get the gimbal sorted so I will need to buy that pretty much this week (assuming it will be via mail order,allowing time for delivery from wherever)....subject of course to great reviews and strong user approval.

If you have a recommendation,please advise. Price not so important but high quality and performance is.

TIA!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
One more from my triathlon shoot at the weekend. I like this because of the lighting issues to be overcome. This was the finishing straight in a narrow tree lined stretch. It was dull and grey and there was no light at all under the canopy. ISO pushed right up to 5000 as the agency stipulated I use f/4.0 only. What light there was was also back-lighting the subject, which meant the default setting provided a silhouetted subject. Pushed the exposure compensation up to something daft like +1 2/3. Good kit really does let you dig yourself out of awkward lighting situations.

Epic.jpeg

Attachments

• Epic.jpeg
    Epic.jpeg
    285.2 KB · Views: 104

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
My lad who's 16 in August want to be come a Sports photographer and will be taking A levels this year / next.

Anyone know how he can get into this or, who to contact? any help or advice would be appreciated.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here