Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which of these 5 strikers would you be interested in?

Which of these strikers would you be interested in? [Multiple Choice]

• Leigh Griffiths

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • Aleksandar Mitrovic

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Gary Hooper

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Leonardo Ulloa

Votes: 35 15.0%
  • Danny Ings

Votes: 95 40.8%
  • None of them

Votes: 82 35.2%

• Total voters

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Devante Cole for me.

Watch this space.

I'd rather this than ANY of that list. Over the hill, over priced, overrated, overly erratic. Utterly meh.

Last edited:

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
None of the above

maxresdefault.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
14% of NSC being unable to distinguish between the past and the future, doesn't surprise me.
But 77 people thinking Danny Ings is the answer, when 'none of the above' is an option, is pretty jaw dropping.

I can only assume all of the medical teams extended families are avid NSC'ers.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
1. Kruse = we have a chance here as Bremen are currently in the relegation zone in the Bundesliga, same goes to Delaney. Prolific too, get him in!

2. Dolberg = he's been inconsistent this season, but he's a real handful of a striker and at 20 can only develop further into a potentially world beating star. No chance though, because clubs like Dortmund are sniffing around him.

3. Tosun = rejecting Palarse is almost always a plus point in my book. He's very difficult to pry away from Besiktas though, due to their superb performances especially in the Champions League.

4. Bakambu = a favourite of mine, and once again ripping up the La Liga. Unfortunately there's no way we can get him though :(

5. Sanabria = up-and-coming striker, bigger clubs are going to monitor his progress. Been mercurial for Betis this season, and if we put in a cheeky bid, who knows? Will be delighted if we somehow get him

Great analysis! I suppose you are right about Bakambu but I was hoping we could do a 'Janssen' style bid on Dolberg as he is getting little game time and his goals have dried up. When you are 8th in the biggest league in the world, you need to track these types of players rather than your Hoopers and Mitrovics!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Exactly. It's not as if you could get an attacking midfielder either for that price. Cough.... Pascal Gross

That we bought from a German second division side with financial problems. Oh and he's not a striker!!

Griffiths is currently valued at £2.5million on Transfermarkt

The same site that values Dunk, Stephens and Duffy at €5m and Hemed at €2.5 even though we turned down £4m in the summer.

Oh and the idea you don't get a striker for 2-3m from the third division is a load of bollocks too. Omar Bogle cost 700k, Callum Wilson was 3 million, Vardy 1 million. That is just thinking of the first few that came to my head.

See Edna's post. Also what clubs did those 3 sign from?

If you honestly think Celtic would sell one of their star players for £2-3m then can you please save me some of your drugs. They wanted £40m for Dembele in the summer!

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Ings would have been my natural choice but i’m not even convinced about him anymore because you have to ask yourself, when did he last play a competitive first team match ? If we signed him in January i think it would take months to get him up to speed and therefore no good to us. I reluctantly chose Hooper purely because he would complement GM &TH better and has more pace and knows where the net is.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
That we bought from a German second division side with financial problems. Oh and he's not a striker!!

The same site that values Dunk, Stephens and Duffy at €5m and Hemed at €2.5 even though we turned down £4m in the summer.

See Edna's post. Also what clubs did those 3 sign from?

If you honestly think Celtic would sell one of their star players for £2-3m then can you please save me some of your drugs. They wanted £40m for Dembele in the summer!

1. I have never been on the site in my life, I simply took the sum from the link listed and said that would be a steal. You seem to agree.

2. I don't care about where they went, or what they did in the Championship or beyond. You stated that 2-3 million pounds cannot buy a League 1 striker. Those 3 strikers were bought from League 1.

Honestly, you come across so obnoxious that is the only reason I am responding, just calm your passions and have a little more civility when discussing football and you'd probably have a happier time of it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
14% of NSC being unable to distinguish between the past and the future, doesn't surprise me.
But 77 people thinking Danny Ings is the answer, when 'none of the above' is an option, is pretty jaw dropping.
Whoa Trigger! Caveat here.........on a half season loan, if Liverpool weren't asking for an enormous loan fee, and were maybe covering some of his wages, Ings would be worth a punt. Buy, no............but review come the summer. If not convinced, send him back; nothing lost.

Ings would have been my natural choice but i’m not even convinced about him anymore because you have to ask yourself, when did he last play a competitive first team match ? If we signed him in January i think it would take months to get him up to speed and therefore no good to us.
As above. Think loan, nothing to lose, not buy. If loan not available, then yes, fine, just move on.

If you honestly think Celtic would sell one of their star players for £2-3m then can you please save me some of your drugs.
No. Damn sure they won't! Loan or nothing. If he comes good, TB might be happy to meet a higher price - but just take a loan first, if possible; if no loan, move on.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think the recruitment team are looking at somebody who offers as much as Ings but in more games if we are going to spend money on either a purchase or loan fee.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
1. I have never been on the site in my life, I simply took the sum from the link listed and said that would be a steal. You seem to agree.

Why quote it then?

2. I don't care about where they went, or what they did in the Championship or beyond. You stated that 2-3 million pounds cannot buy a League 1 striker. Those 3 strikers were bought from League 1.

But we are talking about buying strikers from clubs at our level or above. In the case of LG one that play in the champions league every season. I'm sure we could go back to Stansted and offer a set of kick for a player. Doesn't mean said player would be good enough to play at the top level.

Honestly, you come across so obnoxious that is the only reason I am responding, just calm your passions and have a little more civility when discussing football and you'd probably have a happier time of it.

Where have I been obnoxious? Just pointed out that your valuation of Griffiths is miles off the mark. Perhaps you might want to think about heeding your own advice.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
i would reckon that whoever he is has been signed already and that when he is announced early in January we'll all be saying "Who?". Then for his first three games he'll be decounced as cack before being recognised as our new saviour.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The lack of any news about a new contract for Hemed - and that might be because Tomer has his own plans - makes me think Tomer out and Leo in is a real possibility ( 50/50 ish ).

We'll still need another striker as well ( possibly taking Skalak's place in the 25 ) and it won't be 'The Thumb' or any of the others mentioned in the article.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
We all know the time is right for Chris O'Grady

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
i would reckon that whoever he is has been signed already and that when he is announced early in January we'll all be saying "Who?". Then for his first three games he'll be decounced as cack before being recognised as our new saviour.

You've worked out how things work on here :thumbsup:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Why quote it then?

But we are talking about buying strikers from clubs at our level or above. In the case of LG one that play in the champions league every season. I'm sure we could go back to Stansted and offer a set of kick for a player. Doesn't mean said player would be good enough to play at the top level.

Where have I been obnoxious? Just pointed out that your valuation of Griffiths is miles off the mark. Perhaps you might want to think about heeding your own advice.

1. That is the article this topic is about.
2. Moving the goalposts. Boring.
3. Your total lack of self awareness speaks volumes friend. Have a good rest of your weekend.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You mean after 5 - 10 minutes as sub in each of his first 3 games ( when we are playing defensively ).

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
None. Griffiths would need a 4-4-2 system given how defensively we play. Mitrovic is similar to what we have. Gary Hooper (see Griffiths) and no better than Baldock, Ulloa (see Mitrovic), Ings (See Giffiths) and also given how many games he's played in the last 2 years it would be a big risk.

I could see us potentially interested in Mitrovic or Ulloa if Hemed left.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here