Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Back from the game

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
was JFC injured or a tactical sub at 30-odd minutes? cracking effort from Kaz just after he came on - then played in the middle and was mostly anonymous

Tweaked hamstring, according to Naylor on twitter.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Well that was shit.

Badly missed Ince in the middle. Andrews, Lopez were poor. Defensively we struggled to get the ball out of defence and hold it. Ulloa had little service but when he got it he lost it quickly.

Only positive for me was again Solly March who looked lovely when he came on.

Formation looked badly wrong from the start. Total lack of any width.

Can't argue with any of that. Very bad day at the office. At least we'd been keeping it tight in recent games but today even the defence was out of sorts. Only real positives were that Dale Stephens did OK and March looked lively when he came on. Very disappointed with Lopez, Andrews, Greer and Lua Lua never got going second half. Poor tactics from the outset. There's a great team in there somewhere when everyone is fully fit but I think it may be too late for this season in which case perhaps having a couple of million in the kitty for summer transfers is the best way to go rather than wasting it on panic buys? Still, you never know - 3 home wins, an upturn in injuries and all will be rosy again.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
was JFC injured or a tactical sub at 30-odd minutes? cracking effort from Kaz just after he came on - then played in the middle and was mostly anonymous

JFC was limping a bit - not a tactical substitution, he would not have been the first to leave...

Upson was hopeless today, I've not seen him so poor before. Greer's passing was awful too.

Dave? Why is he still in the team every week? Orlandi was better, but without Kaz or Solly we have no pace.

Ulloa was, again, lacklustre. Stephens? OK I suppose, but you'd hope for more.

We really were utter crap today - a truly awful performance. If we had over 60% possession I'm amazed. Whenever we got it we gave it to them. There was no style, no pattern and no passion. I got the tickets right at the last minute, this morning. I so wish I hadn't bothered.

Last edited:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Nobody was moaning when Gus told the team to play that way :smile:

I was bored witless too often under Gus but today was something special. Pass pass pass pass pass back to where you started then lose it or hoof it. A grotesque and shapeless mess this afternoon, apart from Solly March. Most of us will carry on supporting the club out of affection and passion but there's only so much the soul can take.

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Absolutely devoid of any passion on the pitch and from the Manager/Coaching Staff. To play 30 minutes with a lone striker and no wingers - bizarre. Solly March and Dale Stephens - 2 positives amongst a sea of negatives.

I want a Manager & Coach that show a bit of passion - I want a team that shows passion & I want a Captain that leads by example.

Selling Barnes, with no adequate replacement, is potentially as big a mistake as losing Murray.

But hey all is well, because we are Premier League Ready ! Joke.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Ulloa didn't win a lot because it was two on one almost every single time. He was doing his best but the odds were against him.

Under Poyet we played a game that pulled players out of position which allowed Ulloa to move into dangerous places and away from the CB's. Oscar simply isn't setting us up right to do that. We're aimlessly floating the ball into one bloke who's got two CB's on him, no support and no options. I'd be going spare if I were him.
Spot on. Left to battle for scraps and dropping deep to get the ball

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
We were dreadful.

Impossible for Ulloa to have any kind of service when we play Orlandi and Lopez as the two "wingers". One plus Lua lua or March is the order for away games and Lua Lua and March for home games

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Very frustrating today. Lopez filled a jersey is the best thing I can say about him. Solly did more within 30 seconds of coming on than Lopez had done all match. The 2 edge of the box volleys Lopez had were embarrassing at best! Surely time to bench him and give Solly a run in the side. Same old problem loads of possession but no end product. Can't remember Almunia having a serious save to make. Watford were a poor side, we gave them 2 goals and never looked like getting on terms. Defensively we looked poor but to be fair we started with such a lack of pace that we didn't have an outlet so most of our possession was in our own half. Leo looks frustrated and hasn't got his touch back yet, overall a bad day at the office for the team and the management!

Exactly the way I saw the match.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
coming home on the packed 18:32 from Victoria, I can confirm that a lot of Gooners and their children live in Sussex.

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
the fact that we lined up with lopez and orlandi from the start said it all... you could see that all the play was going to e down the middle and where ulloa cant benefit. then the second a bit of pace is introduced, we hit the bar. this wa the same for the hole game as when solly came on, we immediately looked dangerous again. this lack of pace on the wings is a real issue as the main way ulloa is gonna score is with his head as was shown by the only cross of any real quality being nodded in by him.

also think that with Bruno and dave on the same side we are a liability. both of them far to eager to attack and then cant be bothered to track back once they unsurprisingly compromise possession. really feel that you have to only use one of the two as both goals ame from runs in positions that they were meant to be occupying; granted greer was at fault but still should be more support at the back.

very few positives from today but felt that stevens looked composed nd a good tackler whilst Rodney looked very pacey and got into good positions which weren't utilised (back to the issue of pace on the wings). also felt that march was very positive once he was introduced and would like him to start against Donny.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Spanish Dave was very poor today and with Greer / Upson being both shocking it is a day to forget to say the least football wise.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Yes,yes,yes, but are we PLR, FFP, ready?

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Watford wanted it more than us today. End of. I hate to say it but that was how it looked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here