A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Has he created an exclusive club?

World Cup Finalist that has played (and lost) at Withdean

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Hamann, also a World Cup finalist, was an unused sub that night.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Sort of replying to myself here, but I just realised Hamann played for MK Dons when they came down to Withdean in 2010. We beat them 2-0, LuaLua scoring a 300mph free kick. So, no - it's not an exclusive club!

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

Just re read the thread. Amazing scenes

I had a season ticket at the time but couldn't go because I was skint and couldn't turn down an extra shift in the bar I was working in. 'What's the point in spending money and turning down making money just to see us lose again?' A very silly young man said. I was going mental when we won, I don't think the drinkers of Reading had any idea what was going on with the crazy barman

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Just re read the thread. Amazing scenes

I had a season ticket at the time but couldn't go because I was skint and couldn't turn down an extra shift in the bar I was working in. 'What's the point in spending money and turning down making money just to see us lose again?' A very silly young man said. I was going mental when we won, I don't think the drinkers of Reading had any idea what was going on with the crazy barman

BBC Sport

2232: Absolutely remarkable. All week we've been hunting down cupsets, and late on Wednesday night we get a crackerjack. League One Brighton, in their little athletics stadium down by the south coast, have dumped oil rich billionnaires Manchester City out of the Carling Cup. The real winner - football.

We had so many great moments at Withdean.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Who was that Brazillian playmaker that played that night? Names escaping me big time, was a big thing back then? No cheating & looking it up!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
We had so many great moments at Withdean.

It was a shithole of a place but that was all part of being an Albion fan back then. Visiting teams and their fans hated it which was a bonus. I love going to our new home but as you say, so many great moments at Withdean including "It's not over yet Swindon fans".

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The best moment of every match at Withdean for me was the last five minutes plus injury time when you left your shitty plastic seat and watched the match from the running track (South stand) living in hope we would score a last minute goal.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
It's strange , but I enjoyed watching the Albion more at the Withdean than I do now. That Man City game was just one of so many great moments there! Legendary

Agreed. When we were at Withdean I would be desperate to go to every game. Maybe it was the people I sat with but there was also something about the place. It was the first place I saw Albion so maybe that's why it's a bit special to me

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
The best moment of every match at Withdean for me was the last five minutes plus injury time when you left your shitty plastic seat and watched the match from the running track (South stand) living in hope we would score a last minute goal.

Bloody early leavers!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
It's strange , but I enjoyed watching the Albion more at the Withdean than I do now. That Man City game was just one of so many great moments there! Legendary

We always seemed to be fighting for promotion or against relegation - we had a lot of success there! Obviously the Amex is the future but I won't hear a bad word said against Withdean. A very special place,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here