Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley fan, here in peace...

CricketFieldEnd

Jan 21, 2019
Evening ladies and gents. Just a quick one; 4 of us travelling down for the game on the 9th and stopping overnight. Where's best for away fans to head pre & post match?

Cheers!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Wetherspoons on West Street

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Bear in mind that the ground is nowhere near central Brighton so anything local is extremely limited.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Loads of good pubs withi 15 mins walk of Brighton station but avoid those that you see as you exit the station (busy, home fans, not great beer, etc).

Leave station main entrance, turn left down hill/ under bridge, walk for 10 minutes, turn right along any street and you’ll be in North Laine (not The Lanes) and you’ll find loads of decent pubs.
Get back to Brighton station at least 90 mins before KO or get a taxi to ground.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I suggest that you go straight home after the game. Brighton is a local city for local people, we won't have any Bong booers here!

images (2).jpeg

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I suggest that you go straight home after the game. Brighton is a local city for local people, we won't have any Bong booers here!

]

Other than our own ones, of course.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Pre match beers in Lewes, post match beers in North Laine pubs.

Seems a lot of away fans do pre-match beers in Lewes so I'd recommend that too.

To the Burnley fan: there is just 1 pub near the Amex and that is home fans only so get your drinks either in the centre of Brighton or Lewes. Pubs nearest Brighton station are very much home fans pubs so walk into town a bit.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Can people stop directing away fans to Lewes , i can't have my half of lager and lime without hearing some johnny foreigner complaining about the gravy texture and lack of spittoons these days .

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Can people stop directing away fans to Lewes , i can't have my half of lager and lime without hearing some johnny foreigner complaining about the gravy texture and lack of spittoons these days .
Jus. Gravy's banned in Lewes.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you're staying in Brighton, and it's likely you are, then I'm not sure you'd not want to head over to Lewes pre-match when there is such a wealth of decent places close to Brighton station.

Assuming that to be the case [MENTION=37925]CricketFieldEnd[/MENTION] - stay in the vicinity of Brighton station pre-match. Decent places includes the Battle of Trafalgar, Prince Albert, Sussex Yeoman and the Lord Nelson - all just a few minutes from the station, but there are loads more.

Get to the station by 2pm as there will be a queueing system for trains to Falmer, which is right next to the ground. You don't need to pay - it's included in your match ticket.

Post-match - stay behind for a bit and let the train queue back to Brighton recede. The bar in your end will be open, but so are the bars in the Albion ends, which you're welcome to use as well. After a couple of pints or so, you shouldn't have to wait too long for a train to take you back.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
This is the right answer. The North Laine area is adjacent to Brighton Station and you can't really go wrong in any of the 20+ pubs in the area. You can also find just about anything you might want to eat in the area. The Basketmakers and The Eagle opposite it on Gloucester Rd are great, The Dorset, The Lord Nelson, The Great Eastern, The George, The Albert, William IV, The Waggon, all also spring to mind. None are more than 10 mins from the station. As other people have said don't expect a warm welcome if you go to the pubs immediately adjacent to the station, e.g. The Railway Bell or Grand Central. If you want hassle free transit to Falmer be at the station by 1:30. You're welcome...

Loads of good pubs withi 15 mins walk of Brighton station but avoid those that you see as you exit the station (busy, home fans, not great beer, etc).

Leave station main entrance, turn left down hill/ under bridge, walk for 10 minutes, turn right along any street and you’ll be in North Laine (not The Lanes) and you’ll find loads of decent pubs.
Get back to Brighton station at least 90 mins before KO or get a taxi to ground.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here