Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If you're from the developing world, as most illegal immigrants are, anywhere you can go to get out of it is better than there and the softer the touch of the western country, the better. So somewhere like here - a tinpot, moribund, English speaking, little island country, that has up to 1 million illegals already present - is a good place to chance your arm as any.

Illegal EU citizens here after Brexit will be the ones who don't apply for Settled Status - the elderly, the mentally ill, the ones with learning difficulties, the ones who aren't online and don't find it as easy as setting up an LK Bennett account, the ones who can't afford to shop at LK Bennett and therefore can't afford the fee, the ones who don't know about it, the ones who don't speak English, the ones in the black economy, the human trafficking victims...........I think 10% not applying for it is an optimistic figure and it'll be topped up with new arrivals from Romania and Bulgaria in due course too. Brexit is certainly going to be a good long-term business opportunity for those into smuggling and people trafficking.

But how many EU will chose to come here after Brexit and stay and work illegally, deciding its better to be in this so called tinpot nation illegally than in the EU working and living legally.......wouldnt be a shining reference on the EU if they did would it

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The Brits in Europe have a court case coming up (I think it's the 27th Nov) about being denied a vote in the Referendum.

What was bizarre is that Commonwealth citizens had a vote yet Europeans Citizens did not, on a vote about our future in Europe?:wrong:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Nobody said they've been forgotten but they are getting turned down whilst applying for residency. I've given three examples of that just this afternoon.

i think we saw some examples of apples and oranges. residency is not settled status.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I really can't see anything beyond the three options

1/ Soft Brexit with No borders and regulatory alignment

2/ No agreement and WTO

3/ Withdraw article 50

From this time last year - spooky huh ?

View attachment 101917

Your possible predictions though from last year are irrelevant now considering this year you have predicted brexit wont happen and we will remain in the EU. How many predictions do you want to make and say "oh yes i predicted that one as well"
My crystal ball says its either a home win, a draw or an away win this weekend......what does yours say

watfordpredicts.jpg

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
After further pages and pages of whataboutism, we haven't had one of these for a while and it is obvious from the constant references from a few posters on here, how popular these are

From this time last year - spooky huh ?

View attachment 101917

And yet time and time again since that post you've claimed point 2 isn't actually possible :facepalm:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
They are the forgotten 3 million and hung out to dry, treated disgracefully by this government. The 1 million plus Brits in Europe haven't fared any better either, most have been left in the dark

Nobody said they've been forgotten but they are getting turned down whilst applying for residency. I've given three examples of that just this afternoon.

I beg to differ.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Your possible predictions though from last year are irrelevant now considering this year you have predicted brexit wont happen and we will remain in the EU. How many predictions do you want to make and say "oh yes i predicted that one as well"
My crystal ball says its either a home win, a draw or an away win this weekend......what does yours say

View attachment 101918

Oh that is funny ... [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION] just another charlatan with a crystal ball then... quelle surprise :lolol:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Oh you're both here. Have you checked your loft, pastafarian? That's where HB&B found Paul Valley :lolol:

Still havnt asked a mod if me and cunning are the same have you, i wonder why you are shying away from that now,
Worried your insightful crystal ball will be wrong yet again?.........go on, put your money where your gob is and ask ( i suggest el pres), very confident he will put you right.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

View attachment 101918

Well that would be option 3 in my post then ? The one I thought most likely when you set up that poll :shrug:

I notice 2.5 years on, you still don't know what you want ?

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And yet time and time again since that post you've claimed point 2 isn't actually possible :facepalm:

I have, and myself and JC Football Genius are in complete agreement on this

JC Footy Genius said:
Once again you seem to be assuming because the UK or the EU wouldn't be ready it couldn't possibly happen. Hypothetically speaking I would expect Emergency measures continuing the current arrangments with a transition period until both sides can adjust to the new reality.

So, in the event of 'no deal' the extension of EU membership that you suggest would be an 'Emergency' extension and therefore not an extension at all but a 'no deal'.

One where we wouldn't implement WTO rules and tariffs immediately but continue to pay the EU while we build an Irish border, border posts, lorry parks at all the ports, customs points at all ports and airports, design and build IT and manual systems to manage WTO rules and tariffs and then train up all the staff required ?

You seem to be very clear about this ???

And, I would have thought that you may have your doubts after I explained 'no deal' to you ???

I'm not sure they can prevent a no deal. If, and I'll accept it is a massive if, the government walk away from the discussions then it will be no deal - how can the EU stop us doing that ?

If we walk away it will not be a 'no deal'.

In order to get a 'no deal' we will have to implement WTO rules and Tariffs. This would take billions of pounds and extremely long timescales in order to put in place the infrastructure for a 'no deal'.

If nothing is in place to do this (No borders in Ireland, no customs posts, no systems for managing WTO rules and tariffs, lorry parks, staffing, IT systems) then we would really be in 'Project Fear' territory. Realistically, with no method of importing or exporting goods in place, what do you think will happen at every port, airport, NI border, within hours of midnight ?

The EU will get no benefit from seeing us go into some sort of economic meltdown, so there will be an extension on far worse terms. And with 9 months to go, that is the only thing that can possibly happen, unless you know different. There is only so far you can kick cans down the road until they all end up in a big heap :shrug:

And, I have to say, I would expect this from others on here, but i'm surprised that you suggested it. Maybe you've just had a long day :wink:

Off out to dinner, you all behave while I'm away :bigwave:

PS. How many WTO members do you think have now objected to the schedules and quotas we have submitted :p

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Well that would be option 3 then ?

Yep that is your prediction, that brexit wont happen and we will stay in the EU.
But thanks for the extra clarification that it will be via cancelling article 50........tick tock as they say

I notice 2.5 years on, you still don't know what you want ?

Of course i know what i want........you are a mind reader now as well as a crap clairvoyant?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
But how many EU will chose to come here after Brexit and stay and work illegally, deciding its better to be in this so called tinpot nation illegally than in the EU working and living legally.......wouldnt be a shining reference on the EU if they did would it

I've no idea how many from The EU will choose to or be forced by traffickers to work here illegally after Brexit. The Home Office and Border Force wont have a clue either, so it's swings and roundabouts in regards to shining references.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
They are the forgotten 3 million and hung out to dry, treated disgracefully by this government. The 1 million plus Brits in Europe haven't fared any better either, most have been left in the dark

The only people who have forgotten them are the EU.As long as they are off their mass unemployment figures,they don't care.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I am certainly impressed by your ability to 'give it back'. As I am equally with your grasp of Technology and Pushtu

And your grasp of the Single Market

And your grasp of free trade deal timelines

How 15 years becomes 2 years Maybe we could learn something here for our Brexit negotiations ?

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

You will have to contact your tea-boy again and ask him the implementation period for EU agri-food products and Japanese cars and parts.:lolol::lolol::lolol:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I've no idea how many from The EU will choose to or be forced by traffickers to work here illegally after Brexit. The Home Office and Border Force wont have a clue either, so it's swings and roundabouts in regards to shining references.

Can they only need the aid of traffickers after brexit? I would have thought the majority of eu who choose to come here after we have left and then stay illegally will probably just decide themselves to come here and pretend to be on holiday via visa waiver then disappear into work in those places where cash in the hand is an easy thing to do. You wont need traffickers for that, its not like they are illegals from all those countries that are required to obtain the standard visitor visa to gain basic entry here and then utilise traffickers to bypass border checks.
Imagine how crap the EU must be though if some do choose to come here after brexit to live and work here illegally as a better option than living legally in the EU.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here