Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Biggest single result since Hereford?

Don Parasol

Jan 29, 2017
I think our wins against Swansea and West Ham, given where we were in the league, were bigger results. Today's more pleasing though.

Can't be compared to Hereford, or Doncaster

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A landmark today for so many reasons.

Others were incredible for different reasons. Massive (h), Fulham (a), QPR (a), Wolves (a), last season alone, made the dream of beating the likes of Arsenal possible, in a nightmare league to get out of.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Silly question - a few points which may or may not help us stay up, against certain extinction.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I have to say I'm surprised by all the no's. I'm sure that is the biggest win in my life supporting Brighton, since 1986, and although the Doncaster win in 1997 was more important, in terms of who we have beaten,and how, that is easily the biggest win in my life.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
To massively different eras and situations.
Today 3 big points for PL survival. But with the chairman and current squad we have I think we would of stayed up either way. But even going down the club has a brilliant foundation for years to come.
Hereford dark time no home and almost out of business. 93rd worse team and if we went under i would have faith in the fans but without a foundation even now we would be L1 at best.
No comparison really.
I see it as 3 points very close to survival and it has potentially given us the opportunity to go to Old Trafford and have a real go in the cup.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
There is no game that will eclipse that one at Hereford that can be beaten in terms of importance. Not even an FA Cup, premier title or Champions League final win would beat it..

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
First reply has summed it up here, no it wasn't the single biggest, not by a mile.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Not even close. A win against a top six side shouldn’t even be mentioned in the same breath as Hereford, or Doncaster or any of those points in 96/97.
k

Silly question - a few points which may or may not help us stay up, against certain extinction.

To massively different eras and situations.
Today 3 big points for PL survival. But with the chairman and current squad we have I think we would of stayed up either way. But even going down the club has a brilliant foundation for years to come.
Hereford dark time no home and almost out of business. 93rd worse team and if we went under i would have faith in the fans but without a foundation even now we would be L1 at best.
No comparison really.
I see it as 3 points very close to survival and it has potentially given us the opportunity to go to Old Trafford and have a real go in the cup.

There is no game that will eclipse that one at Hereford that can be beaten in terms of importance. Not even an FA Cup, premier title or Champions League final win would beat it..

The question was 'since Hereford' ........

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
No. It's 3 points closer to survival against a side that's devoid of confidence and have now lost 8 games since the start of 2018.

As others have said, the games that helped us make today's League fixture possible are more significant. Today was a bit of a free hit.

That said, I'm delighted. It's some consolation for the first game thumping at home in Division 1, the Cup game in 1988 and the recent Cup losses.

However if we turn over United away in the Cup and win a Semi-Final, you may well get a different answer!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here