Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Which goes to show the Trump haters will never give him credit.

What for ? Being a farting mouth piece and pissing everyone off ?

Had that been Obama then of course you would have credited him with a growing economy.

He did very well at the most difficult time. Then again, as I said, much is done for him.

Scandal free because the media did not hate him so did not look for any scandal

I wasn't aware that Obama had a love in with Fox News and the evangelical right......The media don't need to look for scandal with Trump do they ?

Talk the talk? threatened to deal with Syria if the leader crossed the red line.When it was crossed limp Obama did zilch. Obamacare is a sad failure.

Is it ? Why's that ?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Trump isn't running the US economy policy unit. In fact, I'm not sure what he is doing. The USA will be fine despite him- not because of him.

As regards Obama, tell me, how did he 'talk the talk' in his scandal free presidency ? And what is this PC you speak of ?

If you think his time in office was scandal free you're beyond rational discussion. He wasn't Dr. Evil but scandal free? I wish I lived in such a bubble.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
If you are on Twitter there are some hilarious tweets with the hashtag #ICancelledMyTripToLondon.

A few

Because I found out that Clinton has a card shop there.

I found out what Brits mean when they say “trump”.

because that's just what I do. I cancel. I'm an expert at cancelling. No one is better at cancelling than me. Nobody.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
If you are on Twitter there are some hilarious tweets with the hashtag #ICancelledMyTripToLondon.

A few

Because I found out that Clinton has a card shop there.

I found out what Brits mean when they say “trump”.

because that's just what I do. I cancel. I'm an expert at cancelling. No one is better at cancelling than me. Nobody.

''But we are going to see Chancellor May, I've got the best people working on it. It's going to be huge. It's going to be the best ever''

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Actually Trumps objection(in his tweet) to coming to the opening of the embassy is the sale of the site in a prime location for peanuts by the Obama administration not the move of the embassy.
The move was indeed initiated by the Bush administration, the actual sale and monies agreed came under the Obama administration.

I doubt Trump knew the building was listed meaning its sale value would be depleted due to extra costs any developer might incur but these little nuances get lost in the fog of war.Actually scrap that,maybe he did know being a property tycoon, ..........who the hell knows.
He is however sort of factually correct on this.The sale price was agreed under Obama.

PS i have no idea what the sale price was under Obama or if it is regarded as peanuts compared to other buildings.

Article in tonight's standard written by the US Ambassador says the sale paid for the new building in full. Regardlss of the technical involvment of Obama, the tweet was fundamentally mendacious and peevish and has been widely derided. Obama was no more responsible for the sale any more than May is responsible for the decision to leave the EU. Anyway, thanks for being polite in your reply. I shall endeavour to engage likewise.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I totally agree, its a baffling excuse all around.
saying that i was simply pointing out the inaccuracies of another poster.

Inaccuracies? You just added a layer of information (that although Bush set up the embassy move, Obama was in charge when the contract was signed - rather like Cameron oversaw the vote to leave the EU with May seeing it through). It would have helped if you knew the full facts (that despite Trumps rant, the move cost the US nothing, AND they get a better building with added security features). Let's not spoil our new politeness, eh?

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Which goes to show the Trump haters will never give him credit.Had that been Obama then of course you would have credited him with a growing economy.Scandal free because the media did not hate him so did not look for any scandal.Talk the talk?threatened to deal with Syria if the leader crossed the red line.When it wss crossed limp Obama did zilch.Obamacare is a sad failure.

Funny that, my parents (Sussex born and bred, now living here in the States) are both on Obamacare and have received better, service than on the NHS, every ailment that two over 70 year olds could expect, have been treated quickly, professionally and without hesitation. How is that a failure, I assume from your comment that you also live here, how has Obamacare affected you so badly?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Which goes to show the Trump haters will never give him credit.Had that been Obama then of course you would have credited him with a growing economy.Scandal free because the media did not hate him so did not look for any scandal.Talk the talk?threatened to deal with Syria if the leader crossed the red line.When it wss crossed limp Obama did zilch.Obamacare is a sad failure.

Oh this is a great moment to try out my Trump lingo....you are such a loser

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Article in tonight's standard written by the US Ambassador says the sale paid for the new building in full. Regardlss of the technical involvment of Obama, the tweet was fundamentally mendacious and peevish and has been widely derided. Obama was no more responsible for the sale any more than May is responsible for the decision to leave the EU. Anyway, thanks for being polite in your reply. I shall endeavour to engage likewise.

I was led to believe the Americans had to sell various properties in London to cover the cost as the sale of Grosvenor Square on its own did not come near to the final build price.
You sure he was saying that this one single sale covered the cost in full?
As I pointed out I have no idea what the sale price was or if it is considered peanuts for that sort of location. The amount “Peanuts” is rather subjective.
Its doesn’t change the fact though the final price of the sale was indeed agreed under the Obama administration, which is the main point out of trumps tweet that the BBC fact check is picking up on.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42663977

[tweet]951750050904006656[/tweet]

I would avoid twiiter for news tbh.
The US were very much in a position and entitled to sell on their lease of the place, Bush smelt it,Obama dealt it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Saying certain countries are shiteholes isn't racist and to be brutally honest and he's got a point as Africa will never improve to the standards we'd expect and giving billions and billions does jack Shite.

Wasn't just Africa was it.....and putting aside that the UN has deemed it racist and that those nations are black....its at the very least offensive....of course he has denied he used that exact word...despite there being witnesses who state he did ...indeed i'm surprised he hadn't played his trump card of it being fake news

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Wasn't just Africa was it.....and putting aside that the UN has deemed it racist and that those nations are black....its at the very least offensive....of course he has denied he used that exact word...despite there being witnesses who state he did ...indeed i'm surprised he hadn't played his trump card of it being fake news
Yes but most black places or areas are shiteholes and it's the same here and I'm sure many blacks would agree with that.You can't put it all down to discrimination all the time as there's clearly issues of drugs,crime and over population in many places.
Most countries in the western world have always bent over backwards to treat all races equally but it's clear that certain cultures within certain races have a huge element that don't want to blend in and work hard to better themselves and the race card is regularly used.

At some point you have to draw the line and get to the point as nothing ever changes !!

Africa is a disaster like many other places...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yes but most black places or areas are shiteholes and it's the same here and I'm sure many blacks would agree with that.You can't put it all down to discrimination all the time as there's clearly issues of drugs,crime and over population in many places.
Most countries in the western world have always bent over backwards to treat all races equally but it's clear that certain cultures within certain races have a huge element that don't want to blend in and work hard to better themselves and the race card is regularly used.

At some point you have to draw the line and get to the point as nothing ever changes !!

Africa is a disaster like many other places...

Is that statement 'most countries in the western world' have always bent over backwards etc etc' for real? It wasn't many decades ago where blacks had their own places on buses and segregation was everywhere. In other European countries what examples do you have of countries 'bending over backwards'?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I love it that Trump voices what many people are thinking, but feel they are unable to voice their opinions for fear of being labelled racist.
On this occasion it is hard to argue with his views on many of the countries he mentions. I can't say I like the guy, but boy is it refreshing to hear someone saying exactly what he thinks.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'm sure Trump's comments will do nothing to erode his base, many rarely travel to their next state let alone other countries. Sadly for the rest of Americans Trump is destroying their nations reputation around the world.

You can debate whether calling another country a shithole is racist, but the fact is Trump is a racist and some on here it seems do envy him.

Its tragic that this old man sets such an appalling example to our kids.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I love it that Trump voices what many people are thinking, but feel they are unable to voice their opinions for fear of being labelled racist.
On this occasion it is hard to argue with his views on many of the countries he mentions. I can't say I like the guy, but boy is it refreshing to hear someone saying exactly what he thinks.

It's dunno, I think they might have good reasons for such fears if they echo his views.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here