Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Season's Worst Away Fixture

el punal

Okay, so here we are twiddling our thumbs waiting for the 2017/18 fixtures to come out and then the big kick off, but in the meantime a little bit of 'what could be worse scenario' :

Choose, in your opinion, the least attractive team in the Premier League to go to for an away game, select the most inconvenient time for the kick off, the worst day of the week to play it on, and finally, the month where the weather is most atrocious for the match to take place.

And final finally, would you go?

spanishdave

Jul 30, 2013
Hove
West Brom on a cold January, Monday night could be horrible...
but i'd be more disappointed if we had a team like City around that time, i'd much rather go up on a sunny sunday. 8pm kick off means a 3-4am finish to the day (and we're not exactly favourites to be coming back with the three points, although an upset could change the night altogether).

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Burnley on a cold & wet Monday night in Jan/Feb
Agree also with [MENTION=35196]Is it PotG?[/MENTION] Old Trafford sounds like the glamour tie but it isn't......squashed in, takes an age to get away from, atmosphere not great

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
burnley without a doubt Monday night--id go though
stoke not attractive but probably better town ??!!!---and that is some statement

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Stoke and Burnley.

At least Swansea is a ground I haven't been to.

Nah - Burnley's further for a start.

I won't hear a bad word said against Burnley when as an away fan there's Burnley Cricket Club (where James Anderson started his career) next door to the away end and you can get four pints of something generic and local and two bags of pork scratchings for £8.27p.

That'll warm your cockles at any time of day or the year.

Versus Stoke where they have nothing other than the Harvester which doesn't let away fans in or a short walk (about 35miles) to Burslem town centre for anything approaching acceptable refreshment.

Sometimes right, sometimes wrong but ALWAYS certain

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Perhaps I'm being unfair but there's just something about Stoke. I can't think of anything likeable about them. At least with Burnley there's one of two redeeming features about them - a good English manager and the fact that it has one of the highest percentages of the town who attend matches amongst English clubs.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Perhaps I'm being unfair but there's just something about Stoke. I can't think of anything likeable about them. At least with Burnley there's one of two redeeming features about them - a good English manager and the fact that it has one of the highest percentages of the town who attend matches amongst English clubs.

I think what you can say is that they have earnt respect for getting up and staying up without spending silly money.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
West Ham at any time , Falmer will seem like a train station oasis compared to Stratford post match .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here