Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well they’ve 67 days to stop it,the law states we leave on 29th March.

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry that you see leaving the EU (without a deal in place) like a potential promotion party. There may be a very negative impact on many folk for a while to come.

However, there seems to be a majority in parliament who are unhappy with the prospect.

Hopefully, and i suspect it is, 67 days is enough to stop such madness.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I know what the question was, but I don't feel optimistic about the Brexit arrangements. I don't see how anyone can, given how poorly it's being managed.

OK. I am optimistic we won't end up with a half arsed Brexit or hard Brexit but, yes, it is all a depressing clusterfelch that may rumble on for months or years and, in that respect, I don't feel optimistic that we will be free from it any time soon. So I imagine we are in agreement.

If you and I were attempting to buy a bit of grey paint for the shed door to match the interior, I imagine we could argue for hours about whether we were looking for 'engraved locket' or 'pale slate'.

locket.PNG

(its 'pale slate', FFS.)

fanseagull

Dec 18, 2018
Sorry that you see leaving the EU (without a deal in place) like a potential promotion party. There may be a very negative impact on many folk for a while to come.

However, there seems to be a majority in parliament who are unhappy with the prospect.

What Baker lite is lacking in intelligence, he more than makes up for in stupidity.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've been thinking for some months that it won't, but the odds have always suggested it will, so I have assumed that I missed something. I imagine the main option for it not to go ahead is to have another referendum, but perhaps the government would rather leave but stay in the customs union (ie, leave not leave) with all that entails, than have another referendum. Perhaps they will just use May's crap plan A plan B to placate the Leavers by saying we tried to do it your way.

So presumably we will leave softly softly at some point.

Lol! My understanding is the EU are now saying 'we negociated a deal and that's it' and she won't get that past parliament. The tricky bit is how Mrs May (or a successor) can announce to the nation that, ahem, we can't do this and, ahem, we are going to (do what? Another referendum? This time requiring a 60% vote to leave? Or stay?) If there was ever an example of 'how do we get to there? Well, I wouldn't start from here', this is it.

Although I am convinced we won't leave (see passim, ad nauseam) I am now thinking maybe we will. Your analysis is always very thorough and, on this occasion, disconcerting. :thumbsup: (not that I'm happy).

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I did well. As the settled status is something I will have to help my mum with, I thought it was worth mentioning as I really don't like the scaremongering that goes on. I don't post as much because the whole thread does my head in these days.

You are welcome on the thread anytime as far as I am concerned, always a Gent. I still hope that you don't need to do it for your Mum, but if you do, a small mercy in the fee being scrapped today.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Nope, just don’t know what you’re on about. And it would seem neither do you.

Don't try to bat the accusation away. You either used a term that you do not understand, or you are playing ignorant of the meaning as it is very applicable to you. I go for the latter, you are a prime piece of gammon.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Vote leave had a long list of things you could imagine spending the imaginary dividend on, I do this sometimes when I buy a lottery ticket, dream about hitting the jackpot, which actually has slightly better odds of coming in than a cake and eat it Brexit deal ever did.

How would we ever know when none of the people leading the campaign are or were in positions where they could truly lead Brexit? Remainers have buggered Brexit up so completely that I wish there had never been a referendum. The whole campaign was terrible, negative on both sides and of course leave was in no position to promise anything. But some or all that was promised may well have been possible, but again, with leave led by remain, it was doomed. Got to hand it to remain, they have lost the referendum but due to parliaments proclivities, may well have 'won' the long game.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I’ve taken a leaf out of your book and put them both on ignore. I’ve had quite enough of their inane waffle. Which is a shame as Westdene Seagull is actually a good poster when he’s not in the subject of Brexit.

He's not too bad on here either really, except when Plooks gets him going.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I see the 2 Border Force cutters urgently recalled from the Mediterranean to patrol the Kent coast nearly a month ago by Sajid Javid are.................still in the Mediterranean and wont be here until next month at the earliest. Just another 23 migrants landed yesterday too. Glad The Home Office are on top of things as always.

#takebackcontrol

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Economically Britain's credit card is max'd out, we can't afford no deal and we are completely unprepared. It would bankrupt us

Then there is the prospect of breaking an International law by breaching a major peace treaty. Not impossible TM could in standing in dock at the Hague.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Don't try to bat the accusation away. You either used a term that you do not understand, or you are playing ignorant of the meaning as it is very applicable to you. I go for the latter, you are a prime piece of gammon.

Gibberish. I used Gammon in the sense of “gammon faced brexiteer”. You say there is another meaning. I don’t know what that meaning is. Either explain it or stop bothering me with your inane accusations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here