Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Albion only

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Don’t give a flying rats arse about anything other than Brighton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
I like to place 'both teams score' accas, so it gives me an interest each day on the results. Today I'm interested in games in Tanzania, Uganda and Greece. Come on Jinja, score!!!!

If you are referring to Sid Stevewell, he's no longer with us!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
90% Albion 10% other football. Have watched Burgess Hill,Whitehawk and Lewes in last 2 years. Standard was dire everytime and wont return. Appreciate may think different if I had an affinity with the clubs

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Love the Albion and all that goes with it. Love the rest of football but sometimes get bored so oscillate between interested and not. Last season was the first I have ive been interested in div 1 matches for a while.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Went to go to Sheffield Utd v Albion in the 80's or rather didn't as I was at West Worthing station and my mate was at Worthing Central, anyway to cut a long story short when his mum turned up to get me we were too late to get to Sheffield so went to Leicester v Luton instead (days of cheap train travel via a pre payed ticket with the club) soon realized and learnt that watching anybody other than the Albion was a totally unemotional non event so left at half time. Got to Sheffield the following year only to see the epic 5-4 loss.

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
I still think of myself as a football fan, but find when I put on match of the day or one of the rare live games on terrestrial tv I usually drift off into doing something else. I have to say I'm not a fan of the Premier league, I've missed more games this season than in previous seasons and haven't really missed it.

Non league is usually entertaining. I went to watch Lydd a few times earlier this season. In one of the games an opposition striker was repeatedly warned to stop mouthing off. In the second half he threatened to "knock out" the linesman, and was promptly sent off. He refused to go, so obviously the ref couldn't restart the game. After a while the striker walked to the changing room threatening to "have words" with the ref after the game. 10 mins later the same charade with the opposition manager! The game lasted 110 mins. Great entertainment :lolol:

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
Are you allowed to take in flasks and plastic bottles?

Not really but you can take flasks and bottles in a bag easily. I sometimes see families having a full on picnic on the rear concourse with stuff they've brought in but If you're holding a plastic bottle upon entry they will pour the contents into a plastic cup for you. What I like is you can stand and drink beer while watching the game and pretty young girls even come round with beer keg things on their backs for refills.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I always check on all the scores, as we expats rib each other over them later.
Supporters from all over the UK in my local, quite an array of shirts on display when watching the world cup down there.
I check on how ex players and loanees are getting on and always look out for UK teams in Europe.
I keep an eye on Perth Glory now the A League has started and go to some home games, top of the league at the moment.

This. I play football with some 'proper' football fans including a Man U fan from Manchester, Newcastle, Reading, and Huddersfield fans and a few others. What i have noticed is that i much prefer talking football with these boys rather than the Liverpool, City, Chelsea etc fans who have no real connection (both expats and Aussies).

I still love football and enjoying watching Brighton and Liverpool each week with my boy (who tells me he is more Liverpool than Brighton at the moment but his developing brain will learn in time). I thought the World Cup was brilliant and I would watch the Asian Cup if they showed it on the bloody telly.

I am also excited about the new Western Melbourne team playing in the A league next season. They are going to be playing their home teams in Geelong for the first few years before moving about 25 minutes drive away. I haven't really found any connection to Melbourne City or Victory as yet so am intrigued about following the development of the team from its birth. I am also aware that if a purely Geelong team is added in the future I will probably jump ship and get involved with them. I am considering blogging my experiences as this is a completely alien situation to me.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Don't go out of my way to watch football on TV and that includes Manchester of the Day. Yes interested in seeing PL results and what is happening only to see how that impacts us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here