Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dominic Solanke

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Getting Defoe and his wages (£80k a week) off the wage bill has freed up space.
Solanke has a hamstring injury which will keep him out for weeks but like us Bmuff looking long term.
(Nixon)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Getting Defoe and his wages (£80k a week) off the wage bill has freed up space.
Solanke has a hamstring injury which will keep him out for weeks but like us Bmuff looking long term.
(Nixon)
Lending Defoe to Rangers may have freed up a squad place, but I very much doubt it's freed up £80 a week off the wage bill!

SAC

May 21, 2014
Lending Defoe to Rangers may have freed up a squad place, but I very much doubt it's freed up £80k a week off the wage bill!

Indeed. Their total wage bill is £24 million, there is no way they are going to spend £5-6 million (total costs inc NI, bonuses etc) on one player no matter how good her is/was.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Clyne has signed for Bournemouth on loan, Solanke would be a great signing for whoever gets him.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Drive from Liverpool? That would take longer. Eastleigh to Lancing can't be more than 90 mins to drive.
Add in the time to drive to Manchester airport, check in, boarding and flight time and it’s probably 4 hours door to door.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
We must all agree that Eddie Howe is quite good in the transfer market and brings in the players he needs who usually prove to be quite good.

He's had some good (excellent) signings and also a few misses - like most managers, signings like Afobe (12m), Mings (10m), Ibe (16m), Rico (10m), I wouldn't say have been massively successful, also Defoe has taken a huge amount in wages for no return, he also let Murray go far too early, but Brooks (10m), Ake (20m), L Cook (6m), R Fraser (500k) and Josh King (free), have been great.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
We must all agree that Eddie Howe is quite good in the transfer market and brings in the players he needs who usually prove to be quite good.

Im not convinced of Howe in the transfer market at all, I think he has wasted quite a lot.

He always goes back to the squad that got him up largely. I think he gets the best out of average players.

Brooks the notable exception this season looks a cracking signing.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Didn't want him anyway

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
"Brighton still want him. No Question. But Bournemouth trying hardest as we speak"

Source : Nixon

Bournemouth will get him over us imo. We are not going to be paying 19 million for an unproven player wherever he comes from.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here