Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] **January Transfer Window 2019**

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That is true, and why our youngsters need to get out on loan
It is true, but the 'why' isn't. The fact is that other managers took the chance of giving them a go in the first team - and reaped in a £9/10M payment for their club.

I've absolutely no objection to some of our best youngsters going out on a half season loan in January, but I'd rather they weren't going out with a feeling of, 'you're going out on loan, son, because there's no way we're letting you within a million miles of the first team here' - because that's what it appears to be like.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Injured ..... tick! Sing him now!

Guess a lot of it is down to wages. Is he on silly wages (or should I say even sillier than our wages) at Liverpool - and how much does he want to play, and how much does he realise he'd still be a very rich young man, even on Brighton wages. And will his agent let him work that out for himself............?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

In the guardian too.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/dec/28/crystal-palace-liverpool-dominic-solanke-loan

What I like about the rumour is that he is said to prefer Palace because he'll get into the team whereas with us...

To be fair though, if I were him I'd prefer a loan from January and then decide in the summer on a permanent deal.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
How do we know?

The only thing we do know is that they came form clubs where young players were given chances in the first team.

Because the quality of football is shite in both of them leagues compared to the prem. Bundesliga quality has dropped massively in the last two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
In the guardian too.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/dec/28/crystal-palace-liverpool-dominic-solanke-loan

What I like about the rumour is that he is said to prefer Palace because he'll get into the team whereas with us...

To be fair though, if I were him I'd prefer a loan from January and then decide in the summer on a permanent deal.

I like the fact he prefer palace because he is a donkey.

1 goal in 5 starts and 16 sub appearances and that was against us when our players couldn’t wait for their hol

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
It is true, but the 'why' isn't. The fact is that other managers took the chance of giving them a go in the first team - and reaped in a £9/10M payment for their club.

I've absolutely no objection to some of our best youngsters going out on a half season loan in January, but I'd rather they weren't going out with a feeling of, 'you're going out on loan, son, because there's no way we're letting you within a million miles of the first team here' - because that's what it appears to be like.

I suppose if we're playing connolly or gyokeres, it means we're not playing Andone, or Murray, or gross, or locadia - there's enough competition up top as it is, if they get good enough to take these players places, awesome. It's a lot to ask right now

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
If Solanke doesn't think he can get in our team, then that suggests perhaps there are cofidence issues, if i was 21 years old and had been only held back at Liverpool by the wealth of attacking options, i wouldn't be too worried about a 36 year old who lacks pace, i'd be itching to take that position off him.

Having said that, i dont personally rate him from what I've seen of him, so no loss if he wants to join the manky mob instead.

Now if it was Divok Origi, i'd be really excited.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I suppose if we're playing connolly or gyokeres, it means we're not playing Andone, or Murray, or gross, or locadia - there's enough competition up top as it is, if they get good enough to take these players places, awesome. It's a lot to ask right now

Catch 22 you never know how well a player will do or how good he is unless you play them. If we had another 6 points currently you could argue we could afford to take the opportunity to look see.

If a player is in form, scoring goals etc, people always say you can't drop them, Murray early form being an example, but you never know though if another player was playing they might have scored even more.

We sit 3rd in the u23's above Liverpool and alike so the team must be of a good quality, the first team are never going to be in a position to blood these youngsters though all the time we are looking downwards. The sooner we become a stable mid-table team the better, then we can progress with some of our own.

D

Deleted member 2719

If true would mean locadia as a winger and knockaert sold.

Maybe Knocky has got wind of this and had it out with Hughton.

I don't believe tactical reasons are behind him not being in the squaud today, do you???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I don't believe tactical reasons are behind him not being in the squaud today, do you???
I don"t believe it either. Maybe a personal family reason, something disciplinary, or he's OFF.

D

Deleted member 2719

I don"t believe it either. Maybe a personal family reason, something disciplinary, or he's OFF.

Strange, because when he had a run in the side he was looking at his best ever and then he appears to have been cut down again.

It appears to have been a regular thing that Hughton likes to drop him at a drop of a hat and I believe unfairly at times.

Its an attack minded man against a defensive man, the problem for Knocky is the defensive man holds the cards.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

Thing is mate I love Knocky but a lot of people have been calling for Jurgen to be given a chance, he has and now scored 2 goals in two games.......its up to knocky to fight his way into the team......Locadia has waited and reaped results.....now for Knocky to step up to the plate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here