Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Question.

Why do you always post jpeg's and breach copyright instead of using the URL link? It might strengthen your argument on here...

Answer.

1.Educational-A lot of silver surfers are very lazy and would like everything served up to them.They even get too lazy to Ask Alexa,or Google things themselves.I think this leads to a slowing down of the mental processes very evident among older remainers,for example Wz.He never posts anything useful on here,just jpeg,s,and then criticises others.

2.Amusement.It seems to be an irritant to the more abusive on here,like the site Germ,and the geographically challenged.

3.I don't 'create' jpeg's,as Mystic Meg likes to say.Just take a screen snapshot with a built in browser app.As I am more than one dimensional,it takes less of my valuable time.

4.The 'Copyright Police' are too busy with other people,the easy ones to find,just like our real police.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Just below your image is a little further text that you managed to miss. "This country is second in FDI received in the latest year, just behind the United States—even though it’s a much smaller market. The nation’s long history as a major global trade actor and its highly competitive financial center give it an edge.

However, Brexit looms as a potential game changer. Strangely, FDI spiked in 2016 after a few years of decline.

https://www.gfmag.com/magazine/april-2018/alchemy-fdi

The article finds it strange that there was a spike in 2016, well I can reveal the mystery, AB-InBev bought SAB Miller for £80 Billion, and Softbank bought ARM holdings for £24 Billion.

See how easy to find the source of that article was for the more intelligent and non-lazy poster.

Try picking the bones out of this one:

twats.png

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
True. The border control we have now and have always had. These Vietnamese are not the first to be caught at Newhaven.

We don't need to leave to have control.

Someone clearly thinks we're in Schengen.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Answer.

1.Educational-A lot of silver surfers are very lazy and would like everything served up to them.They even get too lazy to Ask Alexa,or Google things themselves.I think this leads to a slowing down of the mental processes very evident among older remainers,for example Wz.He never posts anything useful on here,just jpeg,s,and then criticises others.

2.Amusement.It seems to be an irritant to the more abusive on here,like the site Germ,and the geographically challenged.

3.I don't 'create' jpeg's,as Mystic Meg likes to say.Just take a screen snapshot with a built in browser app.As I am more than one dimensional,it takes less of my valuable time.

4.The 'Copyright Police' are too busy with other people,the easy ones to find,just like our real police.

That is you creating a jpeg that you then post on here losing all source and supporting information :facepalm:

So it's definitely not this reason you gave for not posting links, diametrically opposed to your current reasoning

I use screenshots to post the pieces I find relevant.Very few people bother to open links,as life is too short to wade through piles of totally irrelevant crap.

Or this reason for you not posting links

My internet security tells me not to,and the ITK people on here are always telling us to trust experts.Some sites will only give you very basic access to their sites from a non-HTTPS site.They might as well be talking in Pushtu as far as I'm concerned,but then I didn't go to university.

I have to say, you seem a little confused as to your reasons for not posting links like any normal person would ???

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Imagine if things were the other way round. That the UK had never joined the EU and the referendum was about whether it should. And that Join had narrowly won.

Imagine that the government set about fulfilling all the requirements of membership but after years of preparations it became clear that membership was a whole lot more complicated than the Joiners had claimed. The costs of belonging were rising. Economic hardship beckoned. Our huge trading partnerships around the world were under threat. Our personal freedoms were threatened. And evidence was building that, finally confronted with reality, the people were changing their minds.

Stay Out lobbyists started to suggest that perhaps the people should be asked if they were happy with the newly-apparent membership terms. It would be a fair question: membership looked very different to what had been mooted.

Now as a firm and committed Stay Out supporter are you telling me that you would be screaming that anyone suggesting giving voters the chance to consider all the options now apparent, including your preferred option of staying out, was an anti-democratic fruitcake, deserving of contempt and derision? Like fanny you would. You’d want one. And you’d have a good case.

But let’s be fair. Let’s ask the people on the other side of the argument, joiners like me, whether they would be demanding a further referendum, just as they are now. Well to be honest I don’t suppose they would. Speaking for myself in this hypothetical situation I would just keep my head down and hope that we’d got away with all that misleading guff first time round. It wouldn’t be my finest moment.

But what I wouldn’t be doing is piously screaming that those on the other side of the argument were satanic and hateful anti-democrats. That would just be hypocritical twaddle now wouldn’t it?

PS In answer to your question. No, I don’t yet know what our future trading relationship with the EU will be. At this stage no one does. But it will soon be a lot clearer than it was on June23.

turd-polisher-award-ribbon-640x533.jpg

Bravo .. that must be your 50th attempt to try and justify the unjustifiable :clap::clap::clap:

PS So when you previously claimed that family were now fully informed you were talking nonsense... Just the minor matter of our future trading relationship to negotiate.

As much as I dislike the arguments made by Remoaners at least Blair, Campbell, numerous Lib Dems openly admit their contempt for our democratic process (and the great unwashed) when a result doesn't go their way. Ever since the referendum result, they (you) have been looking for a way to reverse circumvent it ... If it walks like an undemocratic loon, talks like an undemocratic loon :shrug:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
True. The border control we have now and have always had. These Vietnamese are not the first to be caught at Newhaven.

We don't need to leave to have control.

And yet you still cant explain how we can as EU members implement quotas and visa permits to enter onto EU citizens and make them subject to the same rules as non EU citizens, which is a bit odd considering you keep saying we have controls to do this whilst being members and everyone therefore apart from you must be wrong. Have you noticed not one remainer has ever backed your view we dont need to leave to make EU and non EU citizens abide by the same border controls for entry........i wonder why.
Do christians go to heaven even if they are persistent liars?

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Be interested to know in the two years since the ref how many leave voters have passed away from old age - I personally know of 3.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Bravo .. that must be your 50th attempt to try and justify the unjustifiable :clap::clap::clap:

PS So when you previously claimed that family were now fully informed you were talking nonsense... Just the minor matter of our future trading relationship to negotiate.

As much as I dislike the arguments made by Remoaners at least Blair, Campbell, numerous Lib Dems openly admit their contempt for our democratic process (and the great unwashed) when a result doesn't go their way. Ever since the referendum result, they (you) have been looking for a way to reverse circumvent it ... If it walks like an undemocratic loon, talks like an undemocratic loon :shrug:

Standard fare. Your argument on this is as visceral and content-lite as it always was: the political equivalent of Standing up if you hate Palace.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Ask and find out

Because asking would be rather like your multiple accounts on here, completely pointless :shrug:

*edit*

Actually, I take that back. Years of running the duplicate account of Cunning Fergus in order to set up the punchline

Not sure how this post got you removed from this thread yet again.........its almost as if someone has a personal agenda against you.
Poor show.

does have certain humorous qualities :lolol:

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-46122255

“Toshiba's UK withdrawal puts Cumbria nuclear plant in doubt”

Yet more problems for May to deal with; shame the U.K. has paid scant attention and **** all investment to renewal energy. I was going to say, will the last person to leave the U.K. switch the lights off....but I guess they will already be off by then.

I’ve got an extension lead if anyone needs it, might be long enough to reach you guys.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Be interested to know in the two years since the ref how many leave voters have passed away from old age - I personally know of 3.

About 1.5m people have died in the UK since the referendum, while about 700,000 people each year celebrate their 18th birthday so the churn in the electorate since June 2016 is roughly 3.2m.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here