Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League: so that’s that then.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Agreed the title is over, City will win by at least 10 points again. Chelsea probably 2nd and Liverpool 3rd.

You're probably right with the bottom three but Fulham will no doubt spend big again in January and the other two have smart managers so one or two of them MIGHT get out of it at the expense of Southampton, Newcastle or Burnley. Agree it's unlikely though.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
City vs Liverpool isn't over yet, Fulham will recover.

I've always thought that City will win it again - 22 quality players, so they're able to cope with injuries and campaigns for different trophies. Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal, at the end of the end of a long season, simply can't live with that bought fire power. The bookies made City odds on favourites for title before a ball was kicked, which was a first.

ManU and Chelsea also have great squads, costing immense sums in fees and wages. It would be no surprise if they take 2nd and 3rd, with the other three scrambling around for the 4th spot.

ManU and Spurs will spend huge this January.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As we are already safe can we now start playing home games, at least, like the home team?

* disclaimer, I don’t think we are safe from any of the teams below us catching us and we have not been vaguely convincing in any of our wins, we have ridden a rather massive slice of luck in gaining most of our points so far imo (long may it continue)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nothing has been won or lost yet. Remember how we mocked Palace last season.

They were rightly mocked, as their hilariously shambolic start to last season broke all records. How can you NOT mock that ?

But by the same token, they were never miles adrift of safety, despite being absolutely useless. There was always the feeling that they'd weasel out of trouble once their one man team got back in the side. Its still amusing to know that they are still just ONE serious injury away from relegation though.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I've always thought that City will win it again - 22 quality players, so they're able to cope with injuries and campaigns for different trophies. Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal, at the end of the end of a long season, simply can't live with that bought fire power. The bookies made City odds on favourites for title before a ball was kicked, which was a first.

ManU and Chelsea also have great squads, costing immense sums in fees and wages. It would be no surprise if they take 2nd and 3rd, with the other three scrambling around for the 4th spot.

ManU and Spurs will spend huge this January.

Spurs won't spend much in january. Lucas Moura is the first january signing they'd made for 3/4 years or more I believe - they're not the spend spend spend type. I'm not convinced Man Utd will spend big either, but I am sure they've no need to.

Fulham have blown big opportunities in the last few weeks but they've got home games against Cardiff (R) and Huddersfield (R) to come later in the season which will be crucial for them.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I really do hope Huddersfield go down. They bring nothing to the Premier League whatsoever.

We may have more points but our performances have been pretty tough to watch on the whole this season... Not sure how much more we 'bring to the Premier League' than them overall...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here