Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
We have a lady who works in our team who is just totally eccentric - odd, but in a totally harmless way. I'll give you a CLASSIC example from recently. Our immediate team (c30 people) went on an away day (FFS, I hate the term and the concept) which involved an overnight stay at some self-catering place. As were going to be there for a few mealtimes, we were divided up into different teams with each being assigned a different meal to be responsible for. Fairly normal practice so far, you'd say. For ease, each of the teams were given a different colour as their name. The lady in question, who I'm yet to decide whether or not is a bellcheese or not - will take input, was part of the green team. When it came their turn to handle a meal, she insisted that everything they prepared was the colour green, as it matched their team name. Cue a massive argument between her and a no-nonsense Mancunian colleague about how mental she was and her response that he was belittling her beliefs in taking challenges literally.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We have a lady who works in our team who is just totally eccentric - odd, but in a totally harmless way. I'll give you a CLASSIC example from recently. Our immediate team (c30 people) went on an away day (FFS, I hate the term and the concept) which involved an overnight stay at some self-catering place. As were going to be there for a few mealtimes, we were divided up into different teams with each being assigned a different meal to be responsible for. Fairly normal practice so far, you'd say. For ease, each of the teams were given a different colour as their name. The lady in question, who I'm yet to decide whether or not is a bellcheese or not - will take input, was part of the green team. When it came their turn to handle a meal, she insisted that everything they prepared was the colour green, as it matched their team name. Cue a massive argument between her and a no-nonsense Mancunian colleague about how mental she was and her response that he was belittling her beliefs in taking challenges literally.

lol fantastic.

what was the meal that got served up in the end ?

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Cue a massive argument between her and a no-nonsense Mancunian colleague about how mental she was and her response that he was belittling her beliefs in taking challenges literally.

What about the fact that she was trying to force her beliefs onto him? She believed the meal should be green, he didn't, why does he have to conform to her beliefs?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I think I have someone on a similar level as [MENTION=238]Uncle Buck[/MENTION], all be it she is in charge of the building. A classic:

As you are all aware, there will be reconfiguration works carried on the 1st floor from Friday 17 to Sunday 26 February 2017.

Before these works take place, you are requested to please make very concerted effort towards actioning a really good clear out / clear up of your workstation, pedestal and surrounding work area.
To this end, both Friday 3 and Friday 10 February are designated as “TIDY FRIDAYS.”

Please take home all personal effects / spare shoes / sports bags etc etc.
Throw away unused items, folders, papers (disposing of confidential / sensitive / any xx documentation in the correct manner). If you need any shredding sacks, please apply to Facilities.
Please ensure you separate non-confidential waste into recycling or general waste as appropriate.
Note: It will be necessary for all pedestals to be emptied for the move.

If you are going to be out of the office during w/e Fri 17 February, you must please have packed and left your workstation completely clear prior to going away.

A number of “move managers” will be assigned to oversee the clear up. Names of move managers to follow.

Tidy Friday? FFS. And I never met a "move manager", probably because no one wanted to be hated enough to do it.

Last edited:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
What about the fact that she was trying to force her beliefs onto him? She believed the meal should be green, he didn't, why does he have to conform to her beliefs?

She's one of these people that thinks her beliefs are more important than others, because of how important they are to her and generally because they revolve around subjects that most other people don't give two shits about!

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

Fairly normal practise!? Never been in this situation, but I'm sure if it ever happens we'd get a take away and go down the nearest pub

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Ha ha, I forgot about this thread. I have been made a home worker after 17 years of working in the same office. luckily we had a spare room I turned in to an office and find I can get more work done then ever before, without all the distractions. Saying that my neighbour has started to strim his garden, noisy bugger.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Fairly normal practise!? Never been in this situation, but I'm sure if it ever happens we'd get a take away and go down the nearest pub

That's the obvious solution, except the management had naturally booked somewhere in the middle of nowhere - without a pub or a takeaway within 20 miles.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Ha ha, I forgot about this thread. I have been made a home worker after 17 years of working in the same office. luckily we had a spare room I turned in to an office and find I can get more work done then ever before, without all the distractions. Saying that my neighbour has started to strim his garden, noisy bugger.

Bell Cheeses in the 'hood thread?

That's the obvious solution, except the management had naturally booked somewhere in the middle of nowhere - without a pub or a takeaway within 20 miles.

What a NIGHTMARE

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Another classic whinge from the building bell cheese Nazi:

Dear all
Could I please remind everyone to adhere to the following listed housekeeping items:

In particular, please note the highlighted item below. If you are not already following this instruction, please start doing so with effect from TODAY 
Following this instruction allows the cleaners to spend their time productively in cleaning the office rather than clearing up after you all.
According to the cleaners, a large number of staff are leaving mugs, glasses, bowls etc on their desks / offices. Your co-operation would be very much appreciated.

A little thought for others, a little individual effort…a big difference made!!!

Kitchens
• wipe the counter after making drinks / leave the area as you would like to find it
• empty into the sink any dregs left in mugs and glasses – and rinse away
• used crockery, cutlery, glassware etc should not be left in the sink (at any time)
• at end of each day please take mugs and glasses, crockery and cutlery etc to the nearest kitchen. Please leave on trolleys provided (or even place directly into the dishwasher) – not in the sink
• utilise the appropriate waste bin – recycling / food waste / general
• please push the chairs back in when you leave the tables / return any chairs borrowed from other tables
• rubbish and food debris etc should not be left on the tables for others to clear away. No one wants to eat at a dirty table after you.
• please report any maintenance issues you might notice – please don’t just think someone else will do so.

Toilet facilities
Please don’t leave any “evidence” in the toilet bowls!! Loo brushes are there for a reason, please use them, and don’t forget to wash your hands for hygiene purposes!
• please take responsibility for reporting any maintenance issues you might notice – don’t leave it hoping for someone else will do so.

Office areas
• don’t allow miscellaneous items (personal and/or business–related) to accumulate on or under your desks (items placed under desks may compromise your posture and cleaning is also made very difficult)
• utilise the coat cupboards provided. Do not hang jackets and coats on the backs of chairs (sports bags and spare shoes etc should also be placed in the coat cupboards, not under desks).

A well-ordered, tidy and clean environment is conducive with improved productivity and personal well-being. Be kind to yourself and others by maintaining a pleasant working environment.

Thank you everyone.

Remember to clean your s**t of the toilets and wash your hands people!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
She's one of these people that thinks her beliefs are more important than others, because of how important they are to her and generally because they revolve around subjects that most other people don't give two shits about!

I'm edging towards her being a bell.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Before these works take place, you are requested to please make very concerted effort towards actioning a really good clear out / clear up of your workstation, pedestal and surrounding work area.
To this end, both Friday 3 and Friday 10 February are designated as “TIDY FRIDAYS.”

What is it with this bullshit email speak? No one would speak like this out loud.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
** regarding all these mentions of shoes under desks, why is it women feel the need to treat their under desk space as a secondary shoe cupboard ? How many pairs of shoes does a person genuinely need in an average working week !! **

Templeton Peck

Faceman
Jul 15, 2009
Brighton

My neighbour has chickens which get spooked by the neighbourhood cats a lot. Always weird being on the phone to a client having to explain that they can indeed hear Chickens!

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud

A Team away day.............I had a flashback to a previous career where I worked for a leading supermarket chain. After the Chichester store burnt down they rebuilt and wanted a new management team to make it a flagship store. They sent us on an 'Effective Team Work course' (ETW - everything had to be abbreviated) in a hotel overnight and we had to overcome various challenges designed to bring us together and work as a team. Trouble is the bar got hammered resulting in various fights and naughty liaisons meaning by the time of the grand re-opening there were quite a few feuds and much awkwardness all round. A complete disaster. However it did spawn a slogan to beat all slogans. something I have got close to tattooing on my body and something Bozza should put on NSC banner "When the TEAM works...the DREAM works!"

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here