Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our complete list of transfer targets

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm currently trying to get Jnr Stat to understand the workings of the transfer window and how it relates to the Albion, to say it's fookin difficult would be an understatement.
To make matters worse, not only do I have paper talk etc to deal with, I'm also fighting against second hand playground 'knowledge'.

If I say/tell/scream "it's just a rumour" one more time, child services will be knocking on my door.

This morning I got the full lowdown on why Stockdale didn't sign.
It turns out Charlie at school must have been in the negotiations with Barber and Stocko :facepalm:

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'm currently trying to get Jnr Stat to understand the workings of the transfer window and how it relates to the Albion, to say it's fookin difficult would be an understatement.
To make matters worse, not only do I have paper talk etc to deal with, I'm also fighting against second hand playground 'knowledge'.

If I say/tell/scream "it's just a rumour" one more time, child services will be knocking on my door.

This morning I got the full lowdown on why Stockdale didn't sign.
It turns out Charlie at school must have been in the negotiations with Barber and Stocko :facepalm:

A single Sun story from a few weeks ago saying we're "in the race" to sign Cafu is a rumour.
An Argus story saying we've "stepped up interest" in Markus Suttner after a Mail story saying we've put in a bid and local German reports confirming likewise is probably something else completely.
A quote from Paul Barber (not a "source" but an actual quote) saying its "no secret we're interested" in Tammy Abraham is the closest you've had to a public expression of interest in a player in 3 years.
There's rumours and there's rumours.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
I think a lot of them are probably either rumour or well down our list behind the ones that do inspire

Also, you don't necessarily need inspirational signings. Solid ones are fine. E.g. Markus Suttner doesn't sound inspiring on the face of it but we need a solid left back and he's obviously done well in the Bundesliga so hopefully will be exactly what we need

Good and fair point, well made

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Delaney, Oliver Burke...

Scratch off Tammy.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Cyrus Christie, according to John Percy.

Interesting. Always see him as a very exciting full back, gets high up the pitch and takes players on. Not sure I've seen enough to know what his defensive work and end product are like - how would you rate him?

Assume the move for Wisdom is therefore a like for like replacement?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Interesting. Always see him as a very exciting full back, gets high up the pitch and takes players on. Not sure I've seen enough to know what his defensive work and end product are like - how would you rate him?

Assume the move for Wisdom is therefore a like for like replacement?

I think Wisdom is a replacement but not like for like. Wisdom is a defending full back, Christie is an attacking full back. When Wisdom was at Derby before he gave is great balance with Forsyth bombing on at left back, Christie doesn't give that but looks good going forward.

Overall, people are delighted with the Wisdom signing and if we balanced the books with Christie going, marvellous. I'm not sure Christie would improve Brighton but I guess it depends on how he may be used.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I think Wisdom is a replacement but not like for like. Wisdom is a defending full back, Christie is an attacking full back. When Wisdom was at Derby before he gave is great balance with Forsyth bombing on at left back, Christie doesn't give that but looks good going forward.

Overall, people are delighted with the Wisdom signing and if we balanced the books with Christie going, marvellous. I'm not sure Christie would improve Brighton but I guess it depends on how he may be used.

I think on the basis of this alone I wouldn't want him:

"Derby County's Cyrus Christie has hit back at criticism following recent comments, where the Rams man stated that he is 'one of the best defenders' in the Championship.

Christie, who has made 119 appearances for the Rams and he won his ninth cap for the Republic of Ireland in their 3-1 defeat by Mexico in New Jersey on Friday, was quoted in the Irish Sun as saying: "I feel that I'm one of the best full-backs in that league and, on my day, I think I am the best."

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

"Derby County's Cyrus Christie has hit back at criticism following recent comments, where the Rams man stated that he is 'one of the best defenders' in the Championship.

Christie, who has made 119 appearances for the Rams and he won his ninth cap for the Republic of Ireland in their 3-1 defeat by Mexico in New Jersey on Friday, was quoted in the Irish Sun as saying: "I feel that I'm one of the best full-backs in that league and, on my day, I think I am the best."

There's confidence, and there's ...

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Bit of an egomaniac then.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

Yeah, that was an odd one. What I would say is that John Percy is pretty spot on but he did link him with Brighton, Boro and Reading.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yeah, that was an odd one. What I would say is that John Percy is pretty spot on but he did link him with Brighton, Boro and Reading.

Well, if he's an Irish international Shane Duffy will know him, and may have provided some guidance either way on whether the move would be useful.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Well, if he's an Irish international Shane Duffy will know him, and may have provided some guidance either way on whether the move would be useful.

Also interesting in that out of those three clubs you'd have to think we'd be the desirable option. Premier League football and all that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
IN the seasons we've been at the Amex, there have only been three young opposition players, that were completely unknown to me before a game, where part-way through, I've been sufficiently piqued / impressed to think 'who is THIS guy'? They were Ademola Lookman, Ollie Burke and Cyrus Christie (playing for Coventry, at the age of 18)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
IN the seasons we've been at the Amex, there have only been three young opposition players, that were completely unknown to me before a game, where part-way through, I've been sufficiently piqued / impressed to think 'who is THIS guy'? They were Ademola Lookman, Ollie Burke and Cyrus Christie (playing for Coventry, at the age of 18)

Certainly Burke and Lookman fall in to that category for me, Abraham was different as he had already scored a shed load of goals before rocking up at the Amex late last season.

And although he had very little of the ball i thought he had a decent game

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
IF we dont get a couple of "young loaners" or players in like Abraham and Gomez for example by the time the window shuts, there could be 1 or 2 players that really should make the 25 man squad being left out...

The likes of Goldson/BFG and Skalak would come under serious threat in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here