Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big thank you to the club.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Just wanted to say again a massive thank you to the club, and everyone I've been involved with and had contact with there. Our son has finally been discharged as an inpatient, although still needing to go up to the Alex for daily blood tests. His treatment is finished, and we're waiting for his blood counts to rise after his last cycle of chemo, they are on their way, but due to the intensity of the treatment they do take a while. Finally we're able to look ahead a bit as opposed to reacting to the moment, and plans can be slightly less fluid, he even has a date in his head of when he will be able to return to school, just hoping he makes it as he can't wait. Understandably after 8 months of hospital treatment he's desperate for normality, but it's coming, his hair has grown back and his counts are coming up slowly, we're ignoring the long term side effects at the moment and just enjoying the here and now.

Anyway with all that said, yesterday something amazing happened, one of the main things he's missed from the start, and one of the things that has kept him going, he finally made his return to the Amex. When we scored he jumped up beaming and cheering as we all did, he flung his arms around me and brought several tears to my eyes, he'd done it. To us at least the result meant nothing to us yesterday but the performance and score were the icing on the cake. I'd let the club know he was coming back as they have been really good to him, from Paul Barber down, from messages, shirts and several other things, so wanted to let them know. They again knew how to make such a huge difference to him, and us as a family, and we were asked if we wanted to have our pictures taken pitchside, and as a surprise even with some of the players, and then Knockaert, his (well everyones) favourite player in the tunnel. We were then walked round the pitch around 2.50 to our seats in the East. What an amazing day, and one of those things behind the scenes that really make a difference, and make me proud of this club, and everyone who works for them. Words can't really describe the emotions from yesterday, just another match to most but a huge deal to us.

On a side note, as amazing as our day and match was, we have had our blinkers taken off to childhood cancer and how common it can be. We had such an amazing day, but our thoughts went to the Villa match last night, where a standing ovation took place for a 7 year old supporter took place in the 7th minute who had lost his battle with leukaemia.

So pleased for you and your family - and hats off to the club for going the extra mile in times like this.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Last Tuesday my 12 year old son was rushed into Great Ormond Street hospital with leukemia, he will be spending the next 6 months here receiving chemotherapy, and possibly bone marrow transplant. On Friday my sister in law contacted the club to see if they could sign a get well card she'd bought for him, yesterday morning a signed home shirt was delivered to his hospital bed. To say he was happy is an understatement, the smile on his face was a moment you live for as a parent. The club didn't have to do this at all, but they speed in which they did do it was breathtaking, so just wanted to say a huge thank you to the club for arranging and doing this.

I wish him a speedy recovery and my thoughts are with you all. Well done to the club for this act - really good to hear of it.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Brilliant to read - well done to the club and best wishes to your son for his continued recovery. :thumbsup:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Great news and hope your son continues to improve.

Great effort from the club too.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
A really touching story. I'm delighted your son is making such good progress and sounds like you all had a very special day to remember forever yesterday.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just wanted to say again a massive thank you to the club, and everyone I've been involved with and had contact with there. Our son has finally been discharged as an inpatient, although still needing to go up to the Alex for daily blood tests. His treatment is finished, and we're waiting for his blood counts to rise after his last cycle of chemo, they are on their way, but due to the intensity of the treatment they do take a while. Finally we're able to look ahead a bit as opposed to reacting to the moment, and plans can be slightly less fluid, he even has a date in his head of when he will be able to return to school, just hoping he makes it as he can't wait. Understandably after 8 months of hospital treatment he's desperate for normality, but it's coming, his hair has grown back and his counts are coming up slowly, we're ignoring the long term side effects at the moment and just enjoying the here and now.

Anyway with all that said, yesterday something amazing happened, one of the main things he's missed from the start, and one of the things that has kept him going, he finally made his return to the Amex. When we scored he jumped up beaming and cheering as we all did, he flung his arms around me and brought several tears to my eyes, he'd done it. To us at least the result meant nothing to us yesterday but the performance and score were the icing on the cake. I'd let the club know he was coming back as they have been really good to him, from Paul Barber down, from messages, shirts and several other things, so wanted to let them know. They again knew how to make such a huge difference to him, and us as a family, and we were asked if we wanted to have our pictures taken pitchside, and as a surprise even with some of the players, and then Knockaert, his (well everyones) favourite player in the tunnel. We were then walked round the pitch around 2.50 to our seats in the East. What an amazing day, and one of those things behind the scenes that really make a difference, and make me proud of this club, and everyone who works for them. Words can't really describe the emotions from yesterday, just another match to most but a huge deal to us.

On a side note, as amazing as our day and match was, we have had our blinkers taken off to childhood cancer and how common it can be. We had such an amazing day, but our thoughts went to the Villa match last night, where a standing ovation took place for a 7 year old supporter took place in the 7th minute who had lost his battle with leukaemia.

That bit about the goal celebration brought tears to my eyes mate. Absolutely so so so so so delighted for you and all your family. And well done to our special club for the kindness they've shown you. :clap2:

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
what fantastic news that is, all the very best to you and your boy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 11, 2005
London

Delighted to hear about your son's recovery. Very best wishes to you all.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Great post and fantastic news about your son. All the best for the future and may you both enjoy many more Albion wins like Saturday :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here