Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
If you don't mind answering supplementary questions. Why did you vote to Leave and what changed your mind?

Sorry to interrupt, but as you're quoting 70% as a figure - 70% agreed with the invasion of Iraq in 2003 - I was one of them and am happy to admit that and was even in London the day of the demonstration and was disrupted by it and was actually annoyed by it too. (Me and a mate had tickets for England v Scotland at Twickenham, had to get a slightly later train due to his kids commitments on a Saturday morning and just agreed we'd go into central London and get a cab - wasn't going to happen once we got into London, but we didn't know that before)

Sometime during 2004 I realised those demonstrators were far wiser than me the year before and it was a colossal mistake. I'm happy to admit that, others aren't.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Sorry to interrupt, but as you're quoting 70% as a figure - 70% agreed with the invasion of Iraq in 2003 - I was one of them and am happy to admit that and was even in London the day of the demonstration and was disrupted by it and was actually annoyed by it too. (Me and a mate had tickets for England v Scotland at Twickenham, had to get a slightly later train due to his kids commitments on a Saturday morning and just agreed we'd go into central London and get a cab - wasn't going to happen once we got into London, but we didn't know that before)

Sometime during 2004 I realised those demonstrators were far wiser than me the year before and it was a colossal mistake. I'm happy to admit that, others aren't.

Pavilionaire queried the statement that Brexit wasn't the will of the British people linking to a poll that showed 52% 48%in favour of remain the one I linked to suggested otherwise. A more recent poll confirms this http://whatukthinks.org/eu/question...u-or-not-and-should-britain-now-leave-or-not/

Yes democracy is flawed and the majority can be wrong but not enacting their wishes is inherently undemocratic and extremely dangerous. I am sure you would agree.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
What a f*****g shambles. This speech was just a long-winded way of saying "Help - we triggered Article 50 but we didn't know what we were doing. We need another two years to work it all out." And having spent 15 months doing nothing but argue amongst ourselves and abuse the rest of the EU, we expect them to give in. As I said at the time (but I claim no credit - it was obvious to everyone), triggering Article 50 just gave all the negotiating cards to the EU27....the government has now realised we are shafted, and if Barnier decides not to play ball, we will all pay a huge price. Thank you May,, Boris, Davis, Fox, Gove et al.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
What a f*****g shambles. This speech was just a long-winded way of saying "Help - we triggered Article 50 but we didn't know what we were doing. We need another two years to work it all out." And having spent 15 months doing nothing but argue amongst ourselves and abuse the rest of the EU, we expect them to give in. As I said at the time (but I claim no credit - it was obvious to everyone), triggering Article 50 just gave all the negotiating cards to the EU27....the government has now realised we are shafted, and if Barnier decides not to play ball, we will all pay a huge price. Thank you May,, Boris, Davis, Fox, Gove et al.
Yep....We must have the most inept,spineless,pointless,clueless politicians in the world:nono:
What have these pricks been doing for the past year?
They have made Great Britain look weak and very vulnerable and the twats from Brussels will milk us now and abuse us more.Its astonishing that it's been so embarrassing but sort of predictable when you have all these leftie wimps crying week after week because they can't accept the decision and even worse when your leader supports remain.

Shambles

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
£317 sounds about right, we’ll all be worse off. If I’m wrong, by then half the Brexiteers will either be dead or suffering from dementia in nursing homes
You could spring this rubbish up all the time but many people were earning more money 15/20 years ago than today and poverty has been rising for years including ridiculous debts throughout most house holds.
You'd think we was a 2nd world country looking at many places here and it's getting far worse regardless of this so called booming economy that's had austerity cuts for a decade.

Yeah a wonderful European Union indeed.....
This country slowly is being drained of its recourses because it's a massive cash cow for foreign business and a massive cash cow for charities.Record numbers in work but many required tax top ups just to get by sums up what is really going on.
Won't bother going into the fragile infrastructure of this country as I'll be here all night :)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

There was a Brexiteer moaning his socks off on 5Live this evening, it was hilarious. he was saying " The EU have won, May's given in to them and we are going to have a crap deal and we won't now be able to do deals with the rest of the world.... etc etc. " It was SO funny as until now he really thought that it would be a piece of cake and the World will be queuing up to throw money at us and, , Del Boy like, " We'll be millionaires Rodney " :facepalm::rotlf:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Yes democracy is flawed and the majority can be wrong but not enacting their wishes is inherently undemocratic and extremely dangerous. I am sure you would agree.

Yes, we all know the definition of democracy is calling an advisory referendum and then interpreting it as conclusive. Oh, and peddling lies throughout. And not being clear what "Leave" meant. And then making countless attempts to bypass parliament. All in the name of "the will of the people". If Leavers think democracy is so important, why are they scared of actually putting the final deal to the people? Why is the government desperately trying NOT to disclose the results of around 50 different studies into the impact of Brexit? The plain fact is, Brexiteers have absolutely ZERO concern for democracy. The likes of Boris, Gove, Aaron Banks, Nigel Lawson, Farage, etc, etc are all too rich to be impacted by Brexit. The losers will be the poor, the elderly, those in ill-health....they have been absolutely screwed. There is no £350m a week going to the NHS!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
You could spring this rubbish up all the time but many people were earning more money 15/20 years ago than today and poverty has been rising for years including ridiculous debts throughout most house holds.
You'd think we was a 2nd world country looking at many places here and it's getting far worse regardless of this so called booming economy that's had austerity cuts for a decade.

Yeah a wonderful European Union indeed.....
This country slowly is being drained of its recourses because it's a massive cash cow for foreign business and a massive cash cow for charities.Record numbers in work but many required tax top ups just to get by sums up what is really going on.
Won't bother going into the fragile infrastructure of this country as I'll be here all night :)
I agree with some of this, can't understand quite a lot of it and have no idea what any of it has to do with the European Union.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Well Let me explain. Out is the opposite of in. End of. That's what leavers voted for to leave the EU. Not some wishy washy deal but LEAVE. Out the opposite of IN. That's what we were told Out means Out not IN. Is that clear enough.
That is quite simply my favourite post of the whole thread. NSC needs a dedicated ask melias shoes thread.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Even Bloomberg getting in on the scaremongering and fake news.

As reported by them:
cap1.jpg

The fuller picture:
cap2.jpg

This sort of nonsense from Bloomberg is about as helpful as Boris Johnson's continued peddling of the £350m myth. Proof that both sides need to sort themselves out.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Well Let me explain. Out is the opposite of in. End of. That's what leavers voted for to leave the EU. Not some wishy washy deal but LEAVE. Out the opposite of IN. That's what we were told Out means Out not IN. Is that clear enough.

Cool, so you should be able too easily explain what we're going to get then. I await your full explanation.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Even Bloomberg getting in on the scaremongering and fake news.

As reported by them:
cap1.jpg

The fuller picture:
cap2.jpg

This sort of nonsense from Bloomberg is about as helpful as Boris Johnson's continued peddling of the £350m myth. Proof that both sides need to sort themselves out.

The drop was the reaction to the speech though, the rise was the reaction to the drop. Technically they were correct, but yes, how it finishes the day is more important.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here