Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I can see why it happened, but the substitutions were only made after we'd gone behind. Fresh legs at 1-1 might have given Bmff more to think about and helped us get out a little more. Seeing where things are going wrong and fixing them before it's too late is preferable to reacting after the event.

I'm hoping we'll fare better once the likes of Sidwell and Kayal are back in the mix. I think fresh legs in that central midfield area could make an important difference in the closing stages of games like last night's.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I can see why it happened, but the substitutions were only made after we'd gone behind. Fresh legs at 1-1 might have given Bmff more to think about and helped us get out a little more. Seeing where things are going wrong and fixing them before it's too late is preferable to reacting after the event.
......and still one substitution not used.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Game plan went screwy with injury. No like for like replacement for Pascal Groß available? Need an Under 21 central midfielder ready to step up? Or a left footed Thomas Delaney type to step right in.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
That's football...you win some, lose some. We played o k , better than them for a lot of it. Ibe made a difference. They got the winning goal, it could have been us. Let's look to next week now.
We all know we could use a quality striker but in our price range they are rarer than hen's teeth . We carry on looking to the January window.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But I'm sure I remember last season you saying their was dross or words to those effect in the bottom half of the Premier League, which we were better than. I agreed. But now you seem to be backtracking somewhat, and that the bottom half of the Premier League is stronger than you thought. Don't lose the confidence! Admittedly, 3 of that 'dross' is no longer in the Premier League.

I'm still confident we will stay up. We're still adapting to the Premier League, and the players are learning a lot every single game.

It was more that I thought people overestimated the bottom half. I still do think there are around 8-10 teams who are much of a muchness. Has proved slightly tougher than I expected though, yes.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Honestly, you're clueless if you think our level of passing, ball retention and winning the second ball in the first half was good.

First 20 mins was some of the best passing and movement I have EVER seen from us. The pace of it was stunning at times. Mins 21-45 we then sat and gave it away too much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here