Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diana's day tomorrow what will you be doing?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I shall re-enact what I did the day she died.
I'll get horrifically stoned with some friends, get the news via text, watch pointless rolling news coverage for half an hour, change channels to discover every channel is the Diana dead derby, cheer on finding channel 4 is not and watch south park, make up Diana jokes, not suffer major backlash to said jokes as Twitter isn't a thing yet.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I might pop along to a strangers funeral and take pictures of the cortege and grieving relatives, throw some flowers at the hearse etc .. it's what Diana would have wanted.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Thinking of Princes William and Harry for a few minutes.

No one should have to lose their mum that early in their life in such a horrific way but they've turned into fine, decent and very polite men. I don't think I could ever forgive the media for hounding such a vulnerable woman.

Other than that, transfer deadline day and betting on the latest round of World Cup qualifying matches.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
A friend of mine had a part time job at Halfords in Lewes Road at the time of her passing in 1997. The staff heard a load of banging and crashing in a back room and discovered a colleague throwing bike parts around shouting "I f**kin' met her!". Apparently he'd shaken her hand once.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
In tomorrow's national day of grief what will you be doing to mark the occasion?

It's my wedding anniversary so I will suffering enough without thinking of someone who had a privileged life that ended in the fast lane.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
1. Carrying on my normal daily life.
2. Avoiding news coverage of any Diana stuff, particularly the more sycophantic stuff.
3. Sparing a thought for William and Harry. I am NOT a royalist, but they're OK.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Odd society we live in. Some pretty disgusting comments on this thread regarding somebodys dead Mother, but it seems it's fair game. When some kid from Derby mentions a dead baby it's "they should be banned from football for life" "Hang them" etc

Strange ???

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
My thoughts will be with Princes William and Harry. Diana, was a brilliant Mum, Princess and patron to many charities.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Odd society we live in. Some pretty disgusting comments on this thread regarding somebodys dead Mother, but it seems it's fair game. When some kid from Derby mentions a dead baby it's "they should be banned from football for life" "Hang them" etc

Strange ???

Yes, a fair comment and I hope I didn't go over the top.

The Derby fan said a bad thing while inebriated and has paid a huge price including widespread condemnation. I have nothing against Diana or her family (I'm not a royalist at all but wish them no harm) - I do remember how angry I was at the time by the widespread "grieving" for someone they didn't know which I found bizarre.

Who tells us what to think or say?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Who tells us what to think or say?

Agree with that, however I do think there is a line when it comes to the accepted moral compass in society. What annoys me is the double standards and false hysteria in a lot of the self righteous.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I might pop along to a strangers funeral and take pictures of the cortege and grieving relatives, throw some flowers at the hearse etc .. it's what Diana would have wanted.

That's an effing weird post from you. Have some respect.

I understand that Mr Tony (boo! etc) invented emoting, but emoting is better than mocking the dead.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

Strange ???

No comparison - daft post

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Someone's mother dies everyday,

Sad, but What you gonna do :shrug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
She was a decent woman who did nobody any harm.
Selected to produce an heir to the the throne and foolishly beleived that Charles loved her.
Put on a pedalstool by our awful press and lived her life in the full glare of the cameras, that were still snapping away as she was dying.
Trying to be a good mother and dealing with issues like bulimia and becoming very lonely whilst the public watched on, every second of her life scrutinized.
Chased by paparazzi, she died a horrible early death.
You could argue that it went to her head a bit, but I believe she was totally innocent and extremely naive, especially in the early years.
Its Charles, the royal 'system' and our dreadful tabloid press and magazines that any hatred should be aimed at.
Loads of RIP's on this board for people that did far less than Diana, surprised not many liked her very much, I felt very sorry for her.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here