Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls tv

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Doesn't seem to be as easy for me. They have asked me the following questions;;

We are sorry to hear of the issues you have encountered.

Please provide the information below as best you can in order for us to quickly assist you:
- What is the exact issue you are experiencing?
- What device are you using?
- If using a mobile device, are your location settings enabled?
- Are you using Wi-Fi or cellular?
- We would need the results of our http://t1.re/ test that gives us network information, public IP, and the server you are trying to reach.
- Are you having the same issues with free and Premium content?

Thank you for providing this follow up information. We look forward to resolving your issue.

I got an even more outrageous reply, including this blatant lie:

" If your game is not available to you we understand your disappointment. How ever please be aware that friendlies are NOT included in the season subscription service."

Anybody else clearly remember them being advertised?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

" If your game is not available to you we understand your disappointment. How ever please be aware that friendlies are NOT included in the season subscription service."

Oh yeah. They are all over the place. I've taken to asking THEM questions about their service. Until they kicked me off :)

Some beauties.

1) Brighton are in the football league apparently.

2) The Norwich game wasn't available in the UK.

3) There are no live games on Seagulls TV... Only "friendly's"

They are comedy gold. It's gonna be a long season.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2017/july/watch-pre-season-live-on-seagulls-tv/

Brighton & Hove Albion fans will be able to watch full coverage of the team's friendly matches over the pre-season campaign on Seagulls TV - with five of the six matches already confirmed for live broadcast including tonight's opener against Fortuna Dusseldorf in Austria.

All subscribers to the club's online TV channel will also get access to live broadcasts of the games against Crawley Town, Southend United and Norwich City.

The club also hopes to stream live coverage of the match away to Girona on 1st August, with confirmation and further details to follow in due course.

The Atletico de Madrid game at the American Express Community Stadium will also be broadcast live on Seagulls TV to our subscribers outside the UK.

Coverage for Dusseldorf and Madrid will be multi-camera productions with commentary, while the matches against Crawley, Southend and Norwich will be single-camera shoots, also with commentary.

Extended highlights of all the friendly matches will also be available, while the live matches will also be available in full, on demand after their conclusion.

Fans can sign up for a 12-month season pass to Seagulls TV for £45 - which works out at less than £1 per week.

Throughout the season, Seagulls TV will have live audio and show extended highlights of every first-team fixture from all Premier League games, and all cup competitions - including the FA Cup and EFL Cup.

Subscribers will also be able to watch all of Chris Hughton's pre-match press conferences, plus post-match conferences from both managers.

Seagulls TV will also screen live coverage and highlights of selected under-23 Premier League 2, Women's Super League and FA Youth Cup fixtures - and continue to provide player interviews, behind-the-scenes access and exclusive features.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Can anyone define what overseas customers are ? Does that mean you have to live abroad or can you watch it from holiday ? The oddness of overseas customers is this is the ONLY game advertised in a such a way and Brighton can't offer a different overseas package like EFL clubs.

If the idea was it would affect tickets sales - isn't the game now sold out ?

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Can anyone define what overseas customers are ? Does that mean you have to live abroad or can you watch it from holiday ? The oddness of overseas customers is this is the ONLY game advertised in a such a way and Brighton can't offer a different overseas package like EFL clubs.

It means you have to be abroad to watch it..or appear to be.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It means you have to be abroad to watch it..or appear to be.
That's the question but I'm not so sure.

On the EFL sites the payment needs to come from a non UK bank account. That makes sense. It's a different package.

This though is odd when it's so easy to go through a proxy.

Why overseas only ? Were the club worried about sales. I can't get an answer anywhere [emoji1]

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Now an update on Ask The Club. Although waiting confirmation subscribers will be offered a 2 month extension to make up for the pre season debacle.

Well done Insider and thank you.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Now an update on Ask The Club. Although waiting confirmation subscribers will be offered a 2 month extension to make up for the pre season debacle.

Well done Insider and thank you.

Thank you for asking.

I think it's worth copying and pasting the whole of [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION]'s reply, as many people don't bother looking at Ask the Club.

We have asked iFollow to ensure that those who've experienced difficulties with the service to be either offered:

1. An additional two-months' free subscription

Or, 2. If still now satisfied, a refund.

We are awaiting confirmation back from EFL Digital to confirm this.

I personally share your frustration, given the work we have put into this project, and we are VERY disappointed that the integrity of what should have been a brand-new service has already taken a knock. We have held two sets of talks with Neulion, and hope they will now be able to deliver a stable service moving forward. In their defence, Tuesday's debacle was not their fault, as explained on other threads. We have had an apology from Girona, and they have asked the Spanish broadcaster to provide us with a full report into why we as the away club did not receive the match feed, as per the agreement.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

I checked this with i follow via the chat feature. Regarding watching and listening to Seagulls TV content abroad - not watching league matches.

They confirmed that you buy two products 1. for UK only 2. Overseas.

I explained that I spend time in France and they told me when I am in France and log in it will offer me the option to buy another subscription to view content in France. This could be done from the same log in. They stated that the UK subscription would not work there.

They also mentioned it would be more expensive than the UK Seagulls TV but didn't specify how much.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I checked this with i follow via the chat feature. Regarding watching and listening to Seagulls TV content abroad - not watching league matches.

I explained that I spend time in France and they told me when I am in France and log in it will offer me the option to buy another subscription to view content in France. This could be done from the same log in. They stated that the UK subscription would not work there.

They also mentioned it would be more expensive than the UK Seagulls TV but didn't specify how much.
That's odd though. Did they say (for instance) commentary isn't available when abroad. That's the first I've heard of it....

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
That's odd though. Did they say (for instance) commentary isn't available when abroad. That's the first I've heard of it....

They just quoted content which I assume is commentary - I have had issues in the past with and without VPNs

The chat feature is a bubble in the bottom right hand corner they are pretty prompt with answers - I just checked before I bought, but effectively they said I will need two subscriptions to listen in two different countries - I assume due to PL licensing.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
They just quoted content which I assume is commentary - I have had issues in the past with and without VPNs

The chat feature is a bubble in the bottom right hand corner they are pretty prompt with answers - I just checked before I bought, but effectively they said I will need two subscriptions to listen in two different countries - I assume due to PL licensing.
Although when you subscribe it says "Anywhere in the world"..

Think about it. You have rights to listen in the UK and abroad.

You can't be charged twice. You either have rights or not.

Something is wrong here...

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Although when you subscribe it says "Anywhere in the world"..

Think about it. You have rights to listen in the UK and abroad.

You can't be charged twice. You either have rights or not.

Something is wrong here...

It used to be that, states UK on Seagulls TV now, where does it quote anywhere in the world I haven't seen that.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

Did you make them aware that we are in the premier and not the EFL

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It used to be that, states UK on Seagulls TV now, where does it quote anywhere in the world I haven't seen that.
Just chatted with ifollow.

I think some in-house comms have been circulating.

They know exactly who the mighty ALBION are now :)

I have just been categorically told that you only require ONE subscription that works anywhere. If bought abroad it is slightly more expensive.

They gave you the wrong information and apologised :)

If you bought two I suggest you....

:)

They are comedy gold but have probably been kicked up the ####.

See how their manner has changed.

Again I do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

If you have any further question feel free to contact us back

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Thank you for contacting support, and please let us know if you need any assistance in the future!

Last edited:

Don Parasol

Jan 29, 2017
Doesn't seem to be as easy for me. They have asked me the following questions;;

We are sorry to hear of the issues you have encountered.

Please provide the information below as best you can in order for us to quickly assist you:
- What is the exact issue you are experiencing?
- What device are you using?
- If using a mobile device, are your location settings enabled?
- Are you using Wi-Fi or cellular?
- We would need the results of our http://t1.re/ test that gives us network information, public IP, and the server you are trying to reach.
- Are you having the same issues with free and Premium content?

Thank you for providing this follow up information. We look forward to resolving your issue.

Sorry to hear they seem to have taken a different stance... I told them that I had been unable to watch two matches (at all), on a Mac, and that as the product (which I purchased primarily to watch the friendlies) was clearly not fit for purpose I wanted to request a refund. Happy for you to mention this case if it helps, but I suspect they will eventually refund you. I imagine there is some sort of obligation to since (and the evidence is on these threads) they sold a product - a large part of which was some one-off events - which was faulty.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Sorry to hear they seem to have taken a different stance... I told them that I had been unable to watch two matches (at all), on a Mac, and that as the product (which I purchased primarily to watch the friendlies) was clearly not fit for purpose I wanted to request a refund. Happy for you to mention this case if it helps, but I suspect they will eventually refund you. I imagine there is some sort of obligation to since (and the evidence is on these threads) they sold a product - a large part of which was some one-off events - which was faulty.

I wrote almost word for word what you said. There seems to be no consistency by the staff replying to these emails at all, as we can see from the other replies on this thread.

I will keep pursuing!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I wrote almost word for word what you said. There seems to be no consistency by the staff replying to these emails at all, as we can see from the other replies on this thread.

I will keep pursuing!
I think they have got the message.

Now all there is to do is push the site to stream the Athletico Madrid friendlg to the UK.

As explained to me today (finally) by ifollow there is NO difference between the UK and overseas packages since we not in the EFL.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
I think they have got the message.

Now all there is to do is push the site to stream the Athletico Madrid friendlg to the UK.

As explained to me today (finally) by ifollow there is NO difference between the UK and overseas packages since we not in the EFL.

No it appears they have not - I have just received the same message as below this morning;

The club gave me ifollow@efl.com - they have just e-mailed me back that my subscription has been stopped (I didn't subscribe - I paid a £45 one off fee), but 'there are no refunds, promotions, or compensation for services rendered'.
They will be hearing from me again..............

Who are this bunch of cowboys? Every response is from a different person and it seems to be pot luck whether you get a refund or not.
[MENTION=12935]GT49er[/MENTION] did you get a refund in the end? Where did you go next?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Who are this bunch of cowboys? Every response is from a different person and it seems to be pot luck whether you get a refund or not.
[MENTION=12935]GT49er[/MENTION] did you get a refund in the end? Where did you go next?

My next text from them stated that 'Friendlies were not included in the deal'...................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here