Frank De Feat - SACKED

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Drunk-Roy.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Football's tactics spectrum has Allardyce's long ball at one end and De Boer's Ajax Total Football at the other, with every other style known to man somewhere in between the two. Therefore, to go from one extreme to the other, then to sack the new manager after 4 matches in takes Premier League boardroom fvckwittery to another level.

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
There once was a Dutchman called Frank
Whom Brighton fans would like to thank.
He made a GREAT start.
Shame their ways had to part.
Looks like Hodgson will next walk the plank
:)

Just four games to villain from hero
With Frank’s goals and points stuck on zero
A trip down to Croydon
Will soon see old Woy done
As the club burns he’ll fiddle like Nero

:lolol:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would not mind having a little bet on Woy not making it to the Jan transfer window if appointed.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
So far they've done very well in getting rid of the men who were taking them down and getting in someone who keeps them up.

They can't keep doing it though surely?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Actually Sam first game was away to Watford and it was a 1 . 1 draw.

But yes as a Palace fan I am disappointed, but not surprised. There were loads of rumors about him being a big headed about how good he was as a player and rubbing the players up the wrong way...who would have thought a arrogant Dutch player !!

Ill just keep my head down and wait for this to blow over :)

OK, I stand corrected.

Some top pundit said he lost the first five on Radio 5 Live about an hour ago. Should no better than to trust what these goons say.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I know it a results driven industry, but good grief.

Had a bit of a chuckle in the car listening to some of the fall out. Some suggestion they were foolish to aim so high for the forward-thinking FBD in the first place. Absolutely bonkers to abandon the planning and convert over to a damage limitation exercise.

Sure Roy will tighten them up so results will improve, but at a hell of a cost I reckon. As one of their fans pointed out the 3 games after Saints were always going to be probable 0-pointers anyway, so there was time to follow up the momentum from yesterday and use those games as testers.

So hitting the panic button and going backwards in footballing philosophy time may not save them from relegation but will see the entire club stagnate even longer. That's not a bad thing is it?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hodgson was a confused, muddled, bewildered little wreck of a man by the time he was at the fag-end of his England career. He'd completely lost the plot and run out of ideas. He's 70.

I think its a GREAT idea, and I wholeheartedly approve :smile:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Boiiiiiiiingggggg :bounce:

Well 6 points from you for starters i'd imagine...

Drivel. With the squad that Palace currently have, simply staying in the division isn't good enough. Players like Zaha, Benteke, Cabaye etc. shouldn't be playing in a relegation threatened side. The fact that we were ever in the bottom three with the players at our disposal just shows what a terrible job Pardew was doing.

If De Boer gets the job, he will be expected to have us back in the comfort of midtable by the end of next season.

If he joins he could be a good fit with our exciting team . He will have world wide appeal and will give us a great chance of tapping into the Dutch market .
Nows the time to push on and I'm getting quite excited about him . The futures bright the futures orange .

You're like a broken record...

Back to FDB... how any of you can't see this is an exciting appointment for Palace is beyond me. I bet if Hughton quit and you were linked with De Boer you'd be delighted.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Not sure I would send Roy to my worst enemy, but considering it's palace noooooo problemo!
Roy does improve any defence, you just lose 1-0 all the time. Nice guy, reasonable CV but to be honest probably the worst manager to ever sit in the boot room and that's saying something.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Parish has now lost the fans completely. The next 4 games are crucial for their entire season and if they fail to get much out of them I can see major fan demonstrations against Parish and the board on the horizon which will only unsettle things more! What a marvellous prospect that they could spend the whole season dying a slow agonising premier league death.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm sure some of this is down to us being in the same division as them again. Losing is acceptable when you're changing a system but seeing your rivals start to disappear over the horizon whilst it happens ramps up the pressure.

It might only be 1% of the reason, but it is there.

:bhasign:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here