Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I saw The Horrors there and was pleasantly suprised by it as a venue.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
image.jpg :wozza:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
The Charlatans in Worthing tonight

How will they handle the bright (candle) lights of the Pier Pavilion ?

Was probably the best night I've ever had involving giggage. Thought Wurving might be a drag, like Bexhill, but there was a great pub (The Wandering Geese) near enough opposite with loads of beers and ales. Lots of britpop geezers there and a massive step out the front which everyone fell over as they went in. Endlessly entertaining. The Pav's great - it was sold out but there were 15 or so of us and we could get as near to the stage as we liked. Sound was better than any Brighton systems at the moment. The Charlies nearly blew the roof off, I had no idea they were that good live. Only complaint was the bar - they obviously aren't used to that volume or thirst of clientele and were hugely understaffed. There again it was £4 a pint and they were dead friendly. Or maybe that was just the state I was in. Anyway, all felt a lot more enjoyable than the Dome, C2 or Centre of Hell.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Was probably the best night I've ever had involving giggage. Thought Wurving might be a drag, like Bexhill, but there was a great pub (The Wandering Geese) near enough opposite with loads of beers and ales. Lots of britpop geezers there and a massive step out the front which everyone fell over as they went in. Endlessly entertaining. The Pav's great - it was sold out but there were 15 or so of us and we could get as near to the stage as we liked. Sound was better than any Brighton systems at the moment. The Charlies nearly blew the roof off, I had no idea they were that good live. Only complaint was the bar - they obviously aren't used to that volume or thirst of clientele and were hugely understaffed. There again it was £4 a pint and they were dead friendly. Or maybe that was just the state I was in. Anyway, all felt a lot more enjoyable than the Dome, C2 or Centre of Hell.

A perfect summing up of a fantastic night.

Jul 7, 2003
Only complaint was the bar - they obviously aren't used to that volume or thirst of clientele and were hugely understaffed. There again it was £4 a pint and they were dead friendly. Or maybe that was just the state I was in. Anyway, all felt a lot more enjoyable than the Dome, C2 or Centre of Hell.

Why do people drink in these venues? Whether Worthing Pavilion, Assembly Hall or Brighton Dome it is always quicker to run across the road to one of the other pubs and grab a pint than queue for the bar (and easier to get into the toilets).

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Only caught the tail end of their set. It was OK at best. Think I that I would have found a full set a bit dull to be honest, but then I couldn't get on with the recent lp.

Did wonder how they would get on in a reasonably big venue for them. Was an interesting choice of support.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Did wonder how they would get on in a reasonably big venue for them. Was an interesting choice of support.

Tim Burgess is clearly a fan. Factory Floor & The Blossoms have supported on other tour dates. Would have preferred to have seen on of these last night. May revisit Grumbling Fur one night this week, perhaps I need to persevere

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
the next big name in Worthing is hip hop legend Grandmaster Flash in June ....

http://www.worthingtheatres.co.uk/events-by-type/music/name,131889,en.asp

After seeing The Horrors last year and The Charlatans last night (ears still ringing as I type it was so loud) then I think they must have a new events manager ?

The Pier Pavilion sounds a comical location but the acoustics are great and better tham some Brighton cramped venues (Its like the lower level of the Brighton Dome size wise and curved layout but with a high bowled ceiling)

Last edited:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Saw Sleater-Kinney in what must be the smallest venue they play on this tour in Paris. Held less than 1000 and it wasn't even sold out. Brilliant show, 2 encores, I'd consider paying the secondary market prices to see them again.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Saw Sleater-Kinney in what must be the smallest venue they play on this tour in Paris. Held less than 1000 and it wasn't even sold out. Brilliant show, 2 encores, I'd consider paying the secondary market prices to see them again.

Huzzah! Really looking forward to Monday now

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Folk/ Americana in the Albert tonight. Evidently I am the compere.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
The Who at the O2 tonight. Wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised, both PT and RD sounding vocally strong for the most part. Baba O'Reilly and Won't Get Fooled Again live never gets old.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Saw Muse at Manchester Academy tonight. Anyone lucky enough to be going to the Dome tomorrow your are in for a treat.

I'm very jealous of anyone going. Sounds like they are reverting to being the rock band that made their reputation in the first place - including playing some early tracks that are awesome live.like Muscle Museum, Fury and The Groove.

Come and play the Amex - you know it makes sense Muse!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here