Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doctor who time of the doctor

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Can you answer my question or not?

He had a wife/partner, they had a child who grew up and in turn had a daughter of their own; Susan. All this occurs before the series began and references to his family are usually rare so we're not likely to find out any more than we can guess.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Perhaps someone could explain how the original doctor had a granddaughter.

I'm sure that at the time they felt that if a young girl is traveling with an old man would seem odd so they just made Susan he's granddaughter, I don't know if you have seen the first episode but it ties in that the viewers first discover the Doctor when Susan's teachers Ian and Barbara find her behaviour weird so followed her 'home' only to discover the TARDIS in a junkyard...
Just a minor plot point that the viewers can understand, just like how the TARDIS remains as a Police Box as the chameleon circuit is stuck.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Perhaps someone could explain how the original doctor had a granddaughter.

Because he had a family on Gallifrey before it was destroyed.

In The Curse of Fenric (1989), the Seventh Doctor states that he does not know if he has any family, which may indicate uncertainty of Susan's whereabouts.[4] In 2005's "The End of the World" the Ninth Doctor states that his home world has been destroyed and that he is the last of the Time Lords.[5] Although Susan is not mentioned by name, the Doctor says in "Father's Day" (2005) that his "whole family" died,[6] and in "The Empty Child" a character remarks he has been a father and grandfather, but no more, and the Ninth Doctor replies "I know the feeling."

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Shame you had to google it. I guess you didn't know either. Never mind.

Well, I figured if I had just said "well, obviously he had a family on gallifrey before he ran off with the tardis with his granddaughter", which is the simplest answer and needs no googling, you'd want more info/a source, so I figured I'd just show you that so you could look for whatever extra detail you wanted yourself.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Isn't his granddaughter Susan living on earth in 2150? After the Dalek invasion of that year was defeated she fell in love with a guy called David Campbell and stayed with him. So could the Doctor not go and visit her? After all when he left her there he did say "And one day I'll come back".

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Isn't his granddaughter Susan living on earth in 2150? After the Dalek invasion of that year was defeated she fell in love with a guy called David Campbell and stayed with him. So could the Doctor not go and visit her? After all when he left her there he did say "And one day I'll come back".

Yep correct. And Susan turns up in the five doctors and gets to meet drs 1 2 3 and 5

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here