Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bacon and egg sandwich

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Has to be a generous helping of butter but never, never any sauce. Why on earth would you?

You have to be able to taste the bacon and egg.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Has to be a generous helping of butter but never, never any sauce. Why on earth would you?

You have to be able to taste the bacon and egg.

A dash of HP, like ENREST puts on his FULL ENGLISH - what's the difference if it's between two pieces of bread?

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
The wife had her first effort at making me eggs benedict yesterday morning. A slightly toasted muffin, with a warm slice of ham, a runny poached egg, topped with hollandaise sauce and black pepper.

It was PHENOMENAL

Was the hollandaise homemade or erm, of a packet, shall we say?

Kudos if the former. I like to boldly over egg the lemon in the hollandaise and risk it splitting.

SCRUMPTIOUS

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It's true Marshy.

Don't get me wrong here, I love bacon and all foods pig related, the pink tasty b'stads, I've just never put bacon and egg in the same sandwich before.

I hear you.
I have egg and bacon with my weekend fry up, I have egg on toast, but if I make a sandwich or buy one it's always bacon or sausage and bacon, I have never had a egg and bacon sandwich and I am 54.

Jul 7, 2003
Picked up some very good bacon at Shoreham Market yesterday. Made from Gloucester Old Spot pigs, dry cured and hand cut. I bought the thick cut which was superb. Bloke selling it said he cuts it by hand so depending on how accurate he is depends on the whether it is sold as thick cut or not!.

If you like smoked bacon I always recommend Burtenshaws in Rustington. Used to Frewins back in the day and they have carried on the tradition. My granddad always used to get bacon from there and he would cut off the rind and fry it to make mini pork scratchings (might explain my waistline). Nice flavour to the bacon and they are one of the few places that sell middle cut bacon - where you get the extended streaky bit that connects to the back.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Crispy bacon
Poached egg
Cheddar cheese
All wrapped up in a tortilla
Mind blowing believe me!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Just had a Warburton's giant crumpet with bacon and topped with poached eggs. Marvellous (although not in the same league as egg and bacon sarnie).

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Can't get unsmoked bacon here, I've looked everywhere.
I only like my bacon slightly cooked, medium rare, unsmoked is much better for this.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Bacon in Europe is mostly crap. Shavings of bacon, unless you go to Marks.
Love an Egg, and Bacon butty, but adore a Bacon and Tomato butty!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Was the hollandaise homemade or erm, of a packet, shall we say?

Kudos if the former. I like to boldly over egg the lemon in the hollandaise and risk it splitting.

SCRUMPTIOUS

Here's my salmon benedict from Saturday. Homemade Hollandaise of course.

Eggs.jpeg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here