Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC help! A good place for a Sunday roast in Brighton

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Don't go to the LION and lobster (do actually as its excellent) as they HATE anyone who supports the ALBION.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Must be the most asked question on this forum.
Agree and the only reason I responded was to point out that it was Mothers Day. That makes it a bit different and I was surprised the OP was unaware of this. It takes all sorts.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I like the licorice ones, especially the coconutty round ones. :thumbsup:
It's early over there isn't it? It's late here but I am still drinking. Took me a while to figure out what the hell you were talking about! Good one, Cobber, or whatever you say there these days.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It's early over there isn't it? It's late here but I am still drinking. Took me a while to figure out what the hell you were talking about! Good one, Cobber, or whatever you say there these days.

10 am here, in bed on tablet, the smell of bacon and eggs being cooked, roast dinner later !

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
10 am here, in bed on tablet, the smell of bacon and eggs being cooked, roast dinner later !
Ah the good life. Years ago, 2002, I met a couple of Aussies at the Gabba. They insisted the English got it wrong by sending convicts there. They should have come themselves! They were very proud to tell me they descended from the first convict settlers. I was impressed, have to admit. That was until they called out to an aborigine “Hey, black fella, going to the cricket?” I didn’t know where to put myself but nobody else turned a hair. Amazing to me but that’s my problem, right?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Ah the good life. Years ago, 2002, I met a couple of Aussies at the Gabba. They insisted the English got it wrong by sending convicts there. They should have come themselves! They were very proud to tell me they descended from the first convict settlers. I was impressed, have to admit. That was until they called out to an aborigine “Hey, black fella, going to the cricket?” I didn’t know where to put myself but nobody else turned a hair. Amazing to me but that’s my problem, right?

The Aboriginals call themselves 'black fellas' all the time, though Queensland is considered the most redneck, racist state.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
The Aboriginals call themselves 'black fellas' all the time, though Queensland is considered the most redneck, racist state.[/QUO
Met lots of others that left a far better impression and did not mean to slur anyone. I was aware that the people I was talking to were the exception. Others made sure I got back to my Motel safely because they said it can be a bit dodgy round there. I only have fond memories if I blank out the cricket. It was the first test where England won the toss, I leapt in the air shouting,"Yes" only for Nasser to invite Oz to bat. The Ozzies next to me fell about laughing. We became great buddies and had a great day! Pity the cricket only lasted 3 days.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The Caxton. Food in there is amazing. Doubt you'll get in on MS though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here