Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pokemon Go

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
[MENTION=17506]Seaber[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] definitely are. I am when in London. I caught a Christmas Pikachu today, complete with little Santa hat.

Apparently if you evolve one, Raichu will wear a hat too.

Got to level 30 yesterday which gave me a load of items including 3 incubators, so I've got 4 eggs on the go currently - all 5km though unfortunately. The first batch of 4 were also all 5km.

I know you're on Apple, but on Android there is an app called Opinion Rewards, which sends you a short survey (usually 2-3 multiple choice questions) and then gives you credit to spend in the Play Store. Using this and coins from holding gyms, I've been able to buy quite a few incubators. Not sure if Apple has a similar app, but might be a useful tip to Android users.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Apparently if you evolve one, Raichu will wear a hat too.

I know you're on Apple, but on Android there is an app called Opinion Rewards, which sends you a short survey (usually 2-3 multiple choice questions) and then gives you credit to spend in the Play Store. Using this and coins from holding gyms, I've been able to buy quite a few incubators. Not sure if Apple has a similar app, but might be a useful tip to Android users.

I've bought a fair few incubators over the months. Popping out on a Sunday evening in the car can usually get me into 10-12 gyms at a time, and there were a few around Worthing I was in for weeks on end. That level of obsession/caring is long behind me.

I've never spent a penny on in-app purchases on any app and I'm not starting now, regardless of where the money comes from!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I've bought a fair few incubators over the months. Popping out on a Sunday evening in the car can usually get me into 10-12 gyms at a time, and there were a few around Worthing I was in for weeks on end. That level of obsession/caring is long behind me.

I've never spent a penny on in-app purchases on any app and I'm not starting now, regardless of where the money comes from!

I must admit (some time ago now) I used to stare at the massive pile of coins in the shop and think about going down that route, but I knew that as soon as I did that i'd kill the fun of it all and it would feel a bit like cheating. So, I'm un-purchased also.

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
Just hit level 25, and pokedex is at seen: 142, caught: 138. Out of the ones available here all I need is Muk (4 more candies), Omastar (35 more candies), Gyarados (128 more candies), Dragonite (84 more candies), and an Aerodactyl.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A Lickitung popped out of an egg this morning so that's another one down.

Venusaur - 45 candy to go.
Farfetch'd - Can't get this as it's in Asia.
Muk - 32 candy to go.
Kangashan - Can't get as it's in Australia / New Zealand.
Tauros - Can't get this as it's in the US.
Kabutops - 17 candy to go. Current buddy.
Aerodactyl - Just never seen one other than in a gym.
Articuno - not available yet?
Zapdos - not available yet?
Moltres - not available yet?

Dragonite - 62 candy to go.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
A Lickitung popped out of an egg this morning so that's another one down.

Venusaur - 45 candy to go.
Farfetch'd - Can't get this as it's in Asia.
Muk - 32 candy to go.
Kangashan - Can't get as it's in Australia / New Zealand.
Tauros - Can't get this as it's in the US.
Kabutops - 17 candy to go. Current buddy.
Aerodactyl - Just never seen one other than in a gym.
Articuno - not available yet?
Zapdos - not available yet?
Moltres - not available yet?

Dragonite - 62 candy to go.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but they've just added the next generation of Pokemon. Back to the drawing board.

Edit: Having just looked online, apparently there's only 7 new ones which can only be found in eggs, rather than the 100 or so people were expecting to be added into the 'wild'.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but they've just added the next generation of Pokemon. Back to the drawing board.

Edit: Having just looked online, apparently there's only 7 new ones which can only be found in eggs, rather than the 100 or so people were expecting to be added into the 'wild'.

You're not the bearer of anything here chap - look back a page or two.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I snagged a Pikachu with a rather jaunty Santa hat yesterday...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I did a big round of evolves with a lucky egg last night. A Pikachu with a hat retains it when he becomes a Raichu.
Nice! Would be lovely if it retains the hat during a Gym Battle!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
My Pokedex is currently sitting at 127, with the following being gaps:

- IVYSAUR (Simply never seen one, and any Bulbasaur candy I've had has been used to power up the wild Venusaur I caught)
- NINETALES (20 candies required)
- DUGTRIO (12 candies required)
- ALAKAZAM (47 candies required)
- MACHAMP (20 candies required)
- GOLEM (60 candies required)
- SLOWBRO (Saw one when I was at a very low level, but it ran away. 23 candies required)
- FARFETCH'D (N/A)
- WEEZING (7 candies required)
- TANGELA (Never seen one)
- KANGASKHAN (N/A)
- SCYTHER (Never seen one)
- TAUROS (N/A)
- DITTO (Not found as yet - a friend of mine has two, both were pretending to be Pidgey which fits with [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]'s discovery)
- PORYGON (Never seen one)
- OMASTAR (Only ever found one Omanyte, so 47 candies required)
- KABUTOPS (31 candies required)
- SNORLAX (Seen one, but my app crashed mid-catch attempt. Most annoying.)
- ARTICUNO (N/A)
- MOLTRES (N/A)
- ZAPDOS (N/A)
- DRAGONITE (79 candies required. As per Bozza, I haven't seen a Dratini in AGES)

I've made solid progress has been made since my last list, having evolved Slowbro, Weezing and Machamp and caught two Dittos. I've also added a Christmas Pikachu and a Christmas Raichu - I know they're not new additions to the Pokedex, but from the point of view of an OCD completionist I wanted them anyway. Current 'need' list, therefore, is this:

- IVYSAUR (20 candies needed)
- NINETALES (12 candies required)
- DUGTRIO (8 candies required)
- ALAKAZAM (9 candies required)
- GOLEM (36 candies required)
- FARFETCH'D (N/A)
- KANGASKHAN (N/A)
- TAUROS (N/A)
- SNORLAX (Seen one, but my app crashed mid-catch attempt)
- ARTICUNO (N/A)
- MOLTRES (N/A)
- ZAPDOS (N/A)
- DRAGONITE (79 candies required, still haven't seen a Dratini in AGES)

Of the above, Ivysaur, Ninetales, Dugtrio, Alakazam and Golem should all be a matter of time and walking now but beyond then it starts getting a bit tricky when hoping for the likes of Porygon, Tangela, Scyther and Snorlax either from eggs or lucky wild finds. Dragonite is going to take either a very lucky find or a hell of a lot of walking at this stage as Dratini/Dragonair seem to be rarer than rocking horse crap these days.

All this, of course, is before you start factoring in the Gen2 babies and what will surely be the rest of Gen2 in due time. I was expecting some kind of Christmas event along the lines of the Hallowe'en/Thanksgiving ones, but either Niantic aren't bothering or they're leaving it late.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I've made solid progress has been made since my last list, having evolved Slowbro, Weezing and Machamp and caught two Dittos. I've also added a Christmas Pikachu and a Christmas Raichu - I know they're not new additions to the Pokedex, but from the point of view of an OCD completionist I wanted them anyway. Current 'need' list, therefore, is this:

- IVYSAUR (20 candies needed)
- NINETALES (12 candies required)
- DUGTRIO (8 candies required)
- ALAKAZAM (9 candies required)
- GOLEM (36 candies required)
- FARFETCH'D (N/A)
- KANGASKHAN (N/A)
- TAUROS (N/A)
- SNORLAX (Seen one, but my app crashed mid-catch attempt)
- ARTICUNO (N/A)
- MOLTRES (N/A)
- ZAPDOS (N/A)
- DRAGONITE (79 candies required, still haven't seen a Dratini in AGES)

Of the above, Ivysaur, Ninetales, Dugtrio, Alakazam and Golem should all be a matter of time and walking now but beyond then it starts getting a bit tricky when hoping for the likes of Porygon, Tangela, Scyther and Snorlax either from eggs or lucky wild finds. Dragonite is going to take either a very lucky find or a hell of a lot of walking at this stage as Dratini/Dragonair seem to be rarer than rocking horse crap these days.

All this, of course, is before you start factoring in the Gen2 babies and what will surely be the rest of Gen2 in due time. I was expecting some kind of Christmas event along the lines of the Hallowe'en/Thanksgiving ones, but either Niantic aren't bothering or they're leaving it late.

Park by sainsburys on the Lewes road for scyhther. Before Thursday week otherwise it will change again.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Had a massive piece of luck when walking to work this morning - found a Scyther AND an Ivysaur right next to each other.

Two Ultra Balls later and they were both rehomed for Christmas.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
New version today that finally fixes the vibration alert every time the sightings changed so my battery is saved a little... Mind you its already crashed on my other halfs phone so maybe other bugs have been introduced!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
New version today that finally fixes the vibration alert every time the sightings changed so my battery is saved a little... Mind you its already crashed on my other halfs phone so maybe other bugs have been introduced!

That was annoying. Much calmer now.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A Pichu popped out of an egg today.

Look how much bigger the Pokedex is now though!

00b9c28d2fb6f051205a90445bafea8f.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here