Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MP stabbed in Yorkshire. ***RIP Jo Cox***

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This is a friendly warning.

Keep on topic or this thread will be moved far, far away.

Sent from Konnie Huq's lingerie drawer.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
No it's a different kind of war and its still about saving your country from unscrupulous people.

So you're saying that a life is more important than a country etc etc ?

In a strange kind of way the referendum is massive and more important as it will be a generation thing and about the whole of GB.
Very difficult to awnser that but some things are more important than a human life...human life isn't everything on our wonderful planet.

:tosser:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Over the past few days I've realised there's quite a few odd fellows on NSC

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
I think we can all agree that two young children losing their mother and not being grow up and be able to share their experince with her for the rest of their life is very sad.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
We don't know the full circumstances about the motivation and background of the individual that has murdered Jo Cox (despite assertions to the contrary from either faction).

We do know that the recent background includes a major player in the referendum campaign saying this:

There are some shocking posts on this thread and so is this.
to link an interview where the video is edited so to be massively out of context and mention it in the same breath as the death of Jo Cox is appalling.
What on earth is wrong with people?

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
to link an interview where the video is edited so to be massively out of context and mention it in the same breath as the death of Jo Cox is appalling.

what's the full context?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
what's the full context?

The full context is in watching the full BBC piece and interview.

This cut short edited video and its description
"Terrifying video of Nigel Farage talking about violence being the "next step" if we don't vote to leave the EU."
Is completely out of context to what was being discussed in the interview last month.

Anyone can google it and see for themselves.

D

Deleted member 22389

It is completely out of context because I remember watching the full interview.
I'm utterly appaled too. Please mods can you do the sensible thing and move this thread.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2016...ys-flowers-for-jo-cox-at-westminster-tribute/

Last edited by a moderator:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The guy that did it is clearly a mental case and should have been locked up in a lunatic asylum as they did in better days. People like him should not be on the loose.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
RIP Jo Cox and deepest sympathy to her family.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace

Sorry I haven't had he chance to reply earlier.

I respect your opinion, and if is the case that this video has been edited as you say, then I regret having posted it.

I forwarded a link from a source which I usually trust without querying it, and wish to apologize to NSC posters for doing so,

RIP Jo Cox.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
RIP but do so hope this terrible murder does not change people's vote.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
RIP but do so hope this terrible murder does not change people's vote.

I'd be surprised if it CHANGED many people's minds - standpoints do seem to be pretty well entrenched at this stage.

I would not be surprised on the other hand, if it gave cause for some undecided voters, to lean towards a Remain vote. Nobody bar the man responsible can say with complete surety, what drove him to this (possibly even he can't) but it seems implausible (to me at least) that the heightened state of public / political tension over immigration, etc was not a factor. Some people might see this horrible event as a bit of a wake up call, to the mind-set and prejudices held by SOME unpleasant factions on the Leave side.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I'd be surprised if it CHANGED many people's minds - standpoints do seem to be pretty well entrenched at this stage.

I would not be surprised on the other hand, if it gave cause for some undecided voters, to lean towards a Remain vote. Nobody bar the man responsible can say with complete surety, what drove him to this (possibly even he can't) but it seems implausible (to me at least) that the heightened state of public / political tension over immigration, etc was not a factor. Some people might see this horrible event as a bit of a wake up call, to the mind-set and prejudices held by SOME unpleasant factions on the Leave side.
You need to get a grip... one nutcase kills an MP with strong pro refugee focus in her work... then we see a wave of subtle, and not so subtle links to the Leave campaign. He was a racist, he was local, he was a lunatic, he was a dangerous individual.... not a representative of the Leave supporters.... that's a plain insult.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

The key voters are those undecided. Very hard to put a figure on it. I think recent events may have a sway on their thinking.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
You need to get a grip... one nutcase kills an MP with strong pro refugee focus in her work... then we see a wave of subtle, and not so subtle links to the Leave campaign. He was a racist, he was local, he was a lunatic, he was a dangerous individual.... not a representative of the Leave supporters.... that's a plain insult.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

He said it was representative of SOME.... and he is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here