Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you are unhappy with the club right now. Why?

Why is this club crap?

• I know FOR A FACT that we're not doing enough behind the scenes to sign new players

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I know FOR A FACT that the money from Ulloa won't get reinvested into the team

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • I know FOR A FACT that we're not trying to sign anyone else other than O'Grady

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • David Burke doesn't know what he's doing, I watch him do his job every day

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • I know FOR A FACT that we won't be as good as we were last season

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Reaching the playoffs two seasons in a row is unacceptable because we lost

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I don't care if we wait until the end of the window to get good deals. I want players NOW!

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Tony Bloom is a tight arse. £150m isn't enough

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I should go an support Crystal Palace

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Hodor

Votes: 25 40.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 17 27.4%

• Total voters

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I have a question to the super fans on this thread (I am looking at you [MENTION=8459]TWOCHOICEStom[/MENTION])

If your first reaction wasn't profanity but the 'good business' mantra spouted on here when you found out ulloa had gone you are doing it wrong. If you weren't pissed off what WOULD piss you off?

Last edited:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
There might be several signings of quality to come?
TB won't let it slip I'm sure.
We won't be in the market for players demanding PL wages of £30k per week - let's let Fulham and Cardiff take those gambles. Norwich, Swansea and CP all in very recent years that you have competitive Championship squads without the need to go down the route of QPR & Leicester.

I'm sure signings will come. Their quality is the big question.

I said in another thread that the play off loss against palace was the pivotal moment in recent years. We spent more than we earnt that year and parachute payments were not as big as they are now. When is our next chance like that going to come along?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I get the opposite impression.

It's long term fans worried about the more recent fans at the Amex drifting away unless the cluub pull out all the stops and try buy promotion because they fear that is the only way to keep them coming (and to keep near the top of the attendance rankings) - they fear that if we were to lose a couple of thousand fans, then we lose spending power and risk having a very poor squad which gets relegated and results in more leaving, then less to spend resulting in relegation and so on and before you know it we are in the Ryman Premier League playing the likes of Lewes in an empty stadium.

They should have more faith in the newer fans, many of whom are really enjoying the matchday experience and not even close to giving up on it because we haven't got promoted to the top flight yet.

100% this (from a JCL)

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Have some far-king patience, try being positive now and again and wait until the season starts before you spout your negative 8ollocks left, right and centre.

Yes - I loved having Leo as our striker.
No - I didn't want to see him sold.
Yes - I can understand why we did.
No - I don't think it will be easy to replace him.
Yes - I trust the team to do the best they can with limited resources.
No - I don't think the club has no ambition.
Yes - I think we're growing slowly and sensibly.
No - I don't think going for it all by spending more than we can afford is a good plan.
Yes - I'm tired of the negativity, the 8ullshit and the 8ollocks from people who want to buy success.
No - I don't understand how they can be so bloody ill-informed, stupid and short-sighted.

Yes - get stuffed.
No - I don't care if you think I'm kissing arse.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Have some far-king patience, try being positive now and again and wait until the season starts before you spout your negative 8ollocks left, right and centre.

Yes - I loved having Leo as our striker.
No - I didn't want to see him sold.
Yes - I can understand why we did.
No - I don't think it will be easy to replace him.
Yes - I trust the team to do the best they can with limited resources.
No - I don't think the club has no ambition.
Yes - I think we're growing slowly and sensibly.
No - I don't think going for it all by spending more than we can afford is a good plan.
Yes - I'm tired of the negativity, the 8ullshit and the 8ollocks from people who want to buy success.
No - I don't understand how they can be so bloody ill-informed, stupid and short-sighted.

Yes - get stuffed.
No - I don't care if you think I'm kissing arse.

Only 1 thing I disagree with there. I'm no Poyet fan now but he had something about him that made players sign. CMS was supposedly hypnotised. Bridcutt mentioned the word kidnapped once in an interview.

Whilst the team will do the 'best they can' where we have less money we need to go the extra mile. My perception is that the current structure does not win the 50/50 deals the Poyet team did.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Only 1 thing I disagree with there. I'm no Poyet fan now but he had something about him that made players sign. CMS was supposedly hypnotised. Bridcutt mentioned the word kidnapped once in an interview.

Whilst the team will do the 'best they can' where we have less money we need to go the extra mile. My perception is that the current structure does not win the 50/50 deals the Poyet team did.

What's so great about the CMS signing? And no, I wasn't enthralled when we made that 'incredible' signing in 2011 beating the likes of Norwich, reportedly, at that time.

In passing you hit the nail of the head with the word 'money' - Poyet splashed TB's money to a massive extent on fees, wages and agents fees to level that generated vast accounting losses now outlawed by FFP. The mantra spun by Poyet had an effect I agree, as did the brilliant football played in those first 18 months under Poyet in the League One period, but money gets you a long way in modern football, with those huge losses and payroll costs demonstrating that we were big payers.

Garcia, Burke, Barber, Hyppia, whoever, have operated ever since under more austere but sustainable budgets.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
My only unhappiness is the few on here that are so young or so very old they can't remember Archer and the Wilderness years. The desperate game at Hereford. And now they think things aren't Feckin Brilliant ..... because they are. :bhasign:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Getting £7 million in mid-May would have felt a whole lot better than getting £7 million in late July with pre-season already well under way. If we're lucky we might have got our sh1t together by the end of September.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
What's so great about the CMS signing? And no, I wasn't enthralled when we made that 'incredible' signing in 2011 beating the likes of Norwich, reportedly, at that time.

In passing you hit the nail of the head with the word 'money' - Poyet splashed TB's money to a massive extent on fees, wages and agents fees to level that generated vast accounting losses now outlawed by FFP. The mantra spun by Poyet had an effect I agree, as did the brilliant football played in those first 18 months under Poyet in the League One period, but money gets you a long way in modern football, with those huge losses and payroll costs demonstrating that we were big payers.

Garcia, Burke, Barber, Hyppia, whoever, have operated ever since under more austere but sustainable budgets.

Don't get me started on CMS! He has no footballing brain (pro footballer said the same thing to me) and no aerial ability. Runs around a lot. Good shot on him. Was he worth the outlay? No. Was it a statement of intent at the time. Yes.

Again I've said this before today. In the past 2 years we've signed ex Spanish and England internationals. It's harder to put the genie back in the bottle when it's out. People will be underwhelmed with COG. He might be great. He might be the next Tiltman. Either way he won't get the pulse racing before he plays.

Lastly that Poyet team should have got promoted.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Getting £7 million in mid-May would have felt a whole lot better than getting £7 million in late July with pre-season already well under way. If we're lucky we might have got our sh1t together by the end of September.

On May 21 it was first reported that there had been a bid from Leicester - in the region of £3 million.

Albion COULD have had their money in May - all £3 million of it. Thankfully, they decided to hold out for what they believed Ulloa was worth - and ended up with £8 million in July.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
why ? This clubs crap for turning fans into customers and putting up phone numbers to grass people up :facepalm:
regards
DR

That's nonsense mate. Your gripe is with modern football generally, not with the Albion. We're no worse than anyone else for this, not at our level anyway.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
We should be getting behind the club - does anyone honestly think those who manage and sponsor the club don't want us to be a success? I haven't voted but I hope it is three Palace fans on here who say they would support that shower. I would never, even if Brighton were bottom of League 2, ever support Palace. We are what we are, and can be a success on a limited budget. Now there was me thinking we made the playoffs in the last two seasons or maybe I am wrong??!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here