Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sammy Lee - joining Southampton FC (NOT assistant manager at the Albion)

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I expect Little Sammy will turn out to be the victim in all of this because the club offered him a Wendy house and anticipate a full government enquiry.

D

Deleted member 22389

I hope this one of those occasions where Southampton get relegated. What he has done is wrong here. Not having much luck are we. Will all be good in the end.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Personally not that bothered that Sammy is going somewhere else. He's not exactly famous for being successful in management. However, I wonder if there's a doctor in the house. This past year various Homo Sapiens have been treating the club as though it had Leprosy. Is it just that we are careful with money..... alright, a bit tight. :)

HarryFlashman

Jun 28, 2014
Haha. As I said, it's unlikely that you're Sammy. It's likely however that you are connected to him. Are you? If not, in broad terms, what is your source? That's the third time of asking, btw.

It was good to get a (very slight in terms of time) heads-up of what proved to be accurate information.

If I'm honest, I believe that your sole motivation in giving us some slight time advantage on the information was to give you some credibility when you tried to persuade us that Sammy hasn't been a twonk and no contract existed between him and the club. Who would be motivated to do that? Saints? Hardly. BHA? Why would they bother? Someone connected to Sammy? Now, there's someone with motivation to limit the damage to his friend/client. Client... now that's an interesting word, isn't it?

A verbal contract should mean the same as a written one so breaking it, especially when it involves someone you know , is at best a pretty poor way to behave . If I gave someone my word I certainly wouldn't break it so hopefully that makes my position clear .

The only reason I've mentioned the contract is to correct what I'd heard and it hadn't been signed which it hadn't . As I say to most people a verbal agreement is enough .

The only person who I feel sympathy for here is the manager who clearly deserved better and has been let down .

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Good riddance to be honest-who the feck is responsible for the last 24hrs? What with all the bollocks about the kit reveal. All a bit tinpot innit?:moo: just been on Talksport news so must be true

:ffsparr:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
That's two who have turned down the job now. One is unfortunate, two is negligent and three and I would keep it a secret.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
A verbal contract should mean the same as a written one so breaking it, especially when it involves someone you know , is at best a pretty poor way to behave . If I gave someone my word I certainly wouldn't break it so hopefully that makes my position clear .

The only reason I've mentioned the contract is to correct what I'd heard and it hadn't been signed which it hadn't . As I say to most people a verbal agreement is enough .

The only person who I feel sympathy for here is the manager who clearly deserved better and has been let down .

Has the Sammy Lee Court case been resolved ?

I my writing and publishing business must contracts are agreed verbally. Small change though.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Yes, thanks for clarifying your position.

One correction: a verbal contract IS, under English law, the same as a written one. It's not just a case of "should mean the same", it DOES mean the same. The problem, as I highlighted earlier in the thread, is proving it.

I note that you've declined for a third time to answer the question about your source. Unlike Paxman with Howard, I won't ask you another eight times because you've made it perfectly clear that you won't answer, even in general terms. Howard came out well from that encounter, didn't he?

I would observe that it is highly unusual for a brand new poster to post a rumour as their first (?) post, which turns out to be true. Where have you been hiding, you long-standing BHA fan with inside information, you?

Anyway, I've made my views clear; you've not refuted them, so....

Enjoy NSC! (Not that I expect to see you posting for too much longer, tbh...)

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Just when you get over being annoyed by Southampton and their management ...

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Just seen this , what's going on guys ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here